Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tales of Destiny 2
07-01-2013, 06:12 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 06:18 AM by Mintie.)
Tales of Destiny 2
Title - Tales of Destiny 2
Genre - Action RPG
Region (US, EU, JP) - JP
Format (ISO, CSO, EBOOT) - ISO
Version - Unsure. Considering how the Mac releases are built, whatever the latest one was as of posting this.
Game ID if you have it - Can't find it.
OS - Mac
Compatability - Playable...?
Notes (If any) - game does not fill window outside of battle and opening... music video, disabling buffered rendering causes the game to fill the window but renders all text invisible and most screen covering effects (skits, area change fade-outs) to only display the bottom... 50 pixels or so at the very top of the screen.
Music only halfway plays, notes are missing
Random slow-down in some areas? Turning off fps limiting through the button causes this to stop but makes everything too fast to play, while turning it off through the menu has no effect.
Sound effects with the menu open echo.
Loading through the title screen displays garbled characters in place of the text and freezes up
Screenshots (Optional)
Logs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 07:03 AM
RE: Tales of Destiny 2
I actually just implemented a fix for the drawing size issue, it should land soonish.

Is the slowdown only in certain parts? Can you describe where, or if possible give me the savedata for one?

-[Unknown]
07-03-2013, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 01:53 AM by Mintie.)
(07-01-2013 07:03 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  I actually just implemented a fix for the drawing size issue, it should land soonish.

Is the slowdown only in certain parts? Can you describe where, or if possible give me the savedata for one?

-[Unknown]
That's amazing! I'm sure it for a problem with a different game but it's still great to hear.

I'm not very far, but it's only in certain parts of the map, but there's patches in every map. the bottom floor of the orphanage is laggy, for example, but the top floor is at normal speed.

Also, on the save data, I got it to load my save file! I opened the load menu, closed it, and then opened it again. I am not sure how this helped but it somehow did?
07-03-2013, 05:50 AM
The savedata wasn't working before? That's interesting, I'll have to look at that.

-[Unknown]
07-03-2013, 02:13 PM
(07-03-2013 05:50 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The savedata wasn't working before? That's interesting, I'll have to look at that.

-[Unknown]
Yeah. Basically, it'd show something like if you were trying to view a foreign language page with the wrong encoding settings? and it also doesn't display the savefile banner http://i.imgur.com/jEqsDEL.png and there's multiple entries like that too.

One time I actually got it to load, although i can't figure out what I did to get it to. The time it did, it showed the savefile properly, japanese characters, savefile banner, character info, everything.
03-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Hmm..... since no one else has posted any compatibility status update for this game these past 8 months, I guess I'm the only
one in the world who plays this game right now using this emulator.

I'll post my results for this game

Game Title: Tales of Destiny 2 - ULJS00097

Genre: Role Playing Game

Region: Japan/ULJS00097

PPSSPP Version Used: Official 0.9.7.2 Windows Version

Operating System and Specs Used:

Sony VAIO Loptop
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit
Intel Core i3 CPU 2.6Ghz (4 CPU's)
4 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics Integrated - Version 8.15.10.2827

Compatibility: Fully Playable

Note: The game is fully playable on the PPSSPP Windows version, but the game's FPS speed randomly drops in some areas in the game and during battles when casting spells with multi colored effects.The game still needs to use frameskip of 1 in order to play in a stable framerate and needs to set the rendering resolution in x1 PSP when I'm playing it in my Integrated Intel. But other than that, the game can be played up to the ending credits. So congratulations for a job well done!

Here's a few screenshots of the game while being played using the official 0.9.7.2.

From Left to Right:

Screenshots 1 & 2 - Final Battle Scenes
Screenshots 3 & 4 - Final Full Motion Video Sequences of the Game
Screenshots 5 & 6 - The Ending Credits and the Clear Game Grade Bonus Reward Screen.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Feel Free To Visit My Youtube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGPnfU4q12x6vEWXv4Ftq8Q/videos
01-18-2015, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-2015 10:22 AM by Shinakun.)
Having issues running this game when using Dx9. Open GL seems to work fine with minor issues.The screen is so small, I heard it's been fixed, but I have no idea what options to use.

01-18-2015, 04:35 PM
Try using the latest git build instead. Direct3D 9 has been improved in the months since you downloaded that version.

-[Unknown]
01-31-2015, 05:25 AM
I have the latest git version and there are graphics glitches on both renders on android. Either offset video or very tiny video. It's unplayable.
02-22-2015, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2015 10:40 PM by gunsabr.)
On v1.0-84-g879baec, character sprites will disappear whenever a dialogue box or button prompt appears on screen, and character art won't display correctly on the status menu. This is Rendering through Direct 3D9, OpenGL just shows a black screen with only dialogue text appearing in-game.

Posting system info+screenshot in attachments.

03-01-2015, 04:39 AM
what ur ploblem is change ur resoultion on ppsspp to 1x for tales of destiny 2 it works on andriod perfect and pc too i use opengl. i have to put 1 frameskip on my samsung galaxy s4 there bug in resloution if u put 3x u get black screen on pc and andriod. its works good on new version.
03-02-2015, 12:55 AM
Oh, it works perfectly now, thanks!
03-06-2015, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 04:19 PM by player594.)
Not working for me. Everything but the text is shrunk in game.
03-16-2015, 12:24 AM
Now that I have time to actually play through the the game I've noticed that there's a black screen after every random battle in OpenGL. You can fix the black screen by going into PPSSPP's pause menu and returning to the game, but the black screen will appear again after you finish another battle. This issue doesn't exist in the Direct 3D renderer but using that isn't an option since Direct 3D causes the sprite glitch I mentioned four posts above.
03-20-2015, 08:03 PM
Any help? Things have turned green now on top of my other problems.