Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Disable speed mode "Unlimited"
07-01-2013, 05:01 AM
Disable speed mode "Unlimited"
Is there any way for me to disable the speed mode Unlimited, so I only have to toggle through Standard and fixed?
On Emulators I usually speed up the gameplay and revert back to standard speed during cutscenes, but Unlimited is way too fast, otherwise I would just use Xpadder to make Tabulator a toggled key.

It may seem minor and it's just my personal preference, but toggling through 3 speed modes just feels very disruptive.

Any help is very much appreciated Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 10:01 AM
RE: Disable speed mode "Unlimited"
Currently, no.
07-01-2013, 12:51 PM
+1 for another who finds this annoying, easiest solution is to just to put Unlimited toggle on another hotkey.
07-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Guess I'll just have to wait until this is possible.

Thanks for responding though. Smile
07-01-2013, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 09:00 PM by Scootaloo.)
I don't see the big deal, but I guess I can understand why others might not like it.

I personally love using unlimited for getting through unskippable videos (like the ones that play before the game actually can be played) or things like that. I don't think it should be disabled though, but maybe have an option to change the hotkey to something else would be the best thing.

"but Unlimited is way too fast"

LOL. Well it's called "Unlimited" for a reason Tongue.
07-01-2013, 09:14 PM
(07-01-2013 08:54 PM)Scootaloo Wrote:  I don't see the big deal, but I guess I can understand why others might not like it.

I personally love using unlimited for getting through unskippable videos (like the ones that play before the game actually can be played) or things like that. I don't think it should be disabled though, but maybe have an option to change the hotkey to something else would be the best thing.

"but Unlimited is way too fast"

LOL. Well it's called unlimited for a reason Tongue.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I wasn't trying to force this onto anybody, that's why I said disable, not remove^^
By "but Unlimited is way too fast" I meant to say, that it is obviously too fast to use it for casual gameplay, otherwise I could just use tab Big Grin
A seperate Hotkey for toggled Unlimited does seem like a good solution to me.
07-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I suppose i could add an option for it in the settings screen. It wouldn't be too hard.
07-01-2013, 09:40 PM
(07-01-2013 09:33 PM)makotech222 Wrote:  I suppose i could add an option for it in the settings screen. It wouldn't be too hard.

That would be awesome! Thank you so much Big Grin
07-01-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 10:04 PM by Special.)
Nobody is wanting to remove this functionality, having both a Limited and Unlimited toggled mode is great and useful in situational ways, but for instance if I wanted to use the Limited mode to slow down the game play for a brief time, the only way I could turn it off and return to Standard speed is to pass over the Unlimited mode which is counter productive of what I wanted in the first place. Or if I just wanted to speed up the game play to only 2x the speed @ 120 frames with the Limited mode, because that's as fast as I can handle while still playing the game, again I would have to pass over the Unlimited mode before returning to normal speed which might get me killed because who can play something at 20x game speed @ 1300~ frames... Well superman could but I ain't him.

Fake Edit: On a side note, is there anyway to bind the TAB button (press down for Unlimited mode) to my R2 controller button? For me ideally I would like to have my L2 act as the Standard > Limited toggle > Standard button, and R2 be for the Unlimited mode, but press rather then a toggle.
07-01-2013, 10:30 PM
Adding the "unlimited" mode as a separate option would be the best thing, we don't need 1 button to cycle all 3 modes when some people just want to use the "fixed" one to slow the game and pressing that button again will go to "unlimited" which i believe is also counter productive.

Bear in mind, "unlimited" mode won't work with "Vsync" enabled. So if this issue can't be adressed with the "unlimited" mode then adding a toggled "fast forward" as a separate option will fix the issue. (This obviously means removing "unlimited" mode since is not needed anymore).

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
07-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Well what if we use an Xbox 360 controller?
07-01-2013, 10:46 PM
^
"Unlimited" mode or a toggled "fast forward" should be in a separated option so you can bind them in the hotkey of your choice.

This obviously means binding it in your keyboard or your controller =)

07-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Oh I see. Thanks.
07-01-2013, 10:53 PM
(07-01-2013 09:51 PM)Special Wrote:  Nobody is wanting to remove this functionality, having both a Limited and Unlimited toggled mode is great and useful in situational ways, but for instance if I wanted to use the Limited mode to slow down the game play for a brief time, the only way I could turn it off and return to Standard speed is to pass over the Unlimited mode which is counter productive of what I wanted in the first place. Or if I just wanted to speed up the game play to only 2x the speed @ 120 frames with the Limited mode, because that's as fast as I can handle while still playing the game, again I would have to pass over the Unlimited mode before returning to normal speed which might get me killed because who can play something at 20x game speed @ 1300~ frames... Well superman could but I ain't him.

Fake Edit: On a side note, is there anyway to bind the TAB button (press down for Unlimited mode) to my R2 controller button? For me ideally I would like to have my L2 act as the Standard > Limited toggle > Standard button, and R2 be for the Unlimited mode, but press rather then a toggle.

You can use Xpadder or JoytoKey to bind your keys to your controller.
07-01-2013, 11:05 PM
^
Yep, you can use "Xpadder" or "JoytoKey" to do it but relying on external programs to do the job is not good. Is better if the emulator can do it without them.

Is like using "NO$GBA", to add a basic feature like a "fullscreen" mode you need to use an external program like "NO$Zoomer".