Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Compatibility with Tegra 3 chipset devices?
06-30-2013, 09:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2013 09:41 PM by MyGamerTV.)
Compatibility with Tegra 3 chipset devices?
Is PPSSPP compatible with Tegra 3 chipsets?, with devices such as LG Optimus 4x HD and HTC ONE X?. If so, does Tegra chipsets have any affect on performance as compared to non Tegra devices?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-01-2013, 01:19 PM
RE: Compatibility with Tegra 3 chipset devices?
I own a nexus 7 which has tegra 3 chip, all I can tell you is that it runs most of the games at fullspeed if you have the correct settings,the cutscenes look very good on the hd screen and it's not even overclocked Smile
07-01-2013, 05:24 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 05:26 PM by MyGamerTV.)
(07-01-2013 01:19 PM)livisor Wrote:  I own a nexus 7 which has tegra 3 chip, all I can tell you is that it runs most of the games at fullspeed if you have the correct settings,the cutscenes look very good on the hd screen and it's not even overclocked Smile

Thanks a lot for the info mate! Smile, now I'll certainly go for either one of those devices.
07-02-2013, 02:48 AM
I have a Tegra 3 Android device. PPSSPP works perfectly here Smile
07-02-2013, 06:25 AM
I have a One X+ which has the higher clocked tegra chipset and none of my games run full speed (runs 50% for games such as dissidia and 80% for games such as project diva - sucks as audio gets messed upSad) regardless of what settings i choose, have any of you tried project diva, what settings do you use, I am rooted btw with a great rom/kernel combination, thanks
07-02-2013, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2013 10:52 PM by MyGamerTV.)
(07-02-2013 02:48 AM)xsacha Wrote:  I have a Tegra 3 Android device. PPSSPP works perfectly here Smile

Thanks for the info Rolleyes

(07-02-2013 06:25 AM)ryanjsoo Wrote:  I have a One X+ which has the higher clocked tegra chipset and none of my games run full speed (runs 50% for games such as dissidia and 80% for games such as project diva - sucks as audio gets messed upSad) regardless of what settings i choose, have any of you tried project diva, what settings do you use, I am rooted btw with a great rom/kernel combination, thanks

Hmmm, sux to hear that. Although like @livisor said, you might need to get the settings right in order to optimize the emulator on your device.
07-03-2013, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 01:01 AM by theonyxphoenix.)
I have a Tegra 3 device and I use No-Frills CPU to set performance at 1.3 and Ram Manager set at Hard Gaming. My results:

Duodecim: Speed 58-69; FPS 30 in Order's Sanctuary. Speed/FPS can vary depending on the battleground.

Frameskip 3
Hardware Transform
Vertex Cache
Stream VBO
Force 60FPS
Dynarec
Fast Memory
Lock CPU Speed 60
Enable Sound
Enable Atrac 3+

Turn off Frameskip on menu to prevent blinking.

I can run Ys Seven at full speed with frameskip off but cannot get the menu to pull up or see the character stats or dialogue boxes. If I start the emulator with Buffered Rendering/Anti Aliasing I can see everything but come in at around 50fps.

I'm working on optimizing Ys Seven, Tactics Ogre, FF:CC, Trails in the Sky, Final Fantasy IV, Corpse Party, and a few others.

EDIT: Changing the speed limit to 30 and FS 1 I can get:
Altago Plains, 60 -65 Speed, FPS 14...50-60 in battle.
Altago City 57-60 and 14-15 fps outdoors with a little jumping. Same numbers indoors with no jumping.
07-03-2013, 06:19 PM
(07-03-2013 12:48 AM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  I have a Tegra 3 device and I use No-Frills CPU to set performance at 1.3 and Ram Manager set at Hard Gaming. My results:

Duodecim: Speed 58-69; FPS 30 in Order's Sanctuary. Speed/FPS can vary depending on the battleground.

Frameskip 3
Hardware Transform
Vertex Cache
Stream VBO
Force 60FPS
Dynarec
Fast Memory
Lock CPU Speed 60
Enable Sound
Enable Atrac 3+

I can run Ys Seven at full speed with frameskip off but cannot get the menu to pull up or see the character stats or dialogue boxes. If I start the emulator with Buffered Rendering/Anti Aliasing I can see everything but come in at around 50fps.

I'm working on optimizing Ys Seven, Tactics Ogre, FF:CC, Trails in the Sky, Final Fantasy IV, Corpse Party, and a few others.

Altago City 57-60 and 14-15 fps outdoors with a little jumping. Same numbers indoors with no jumping.

That's quite impressive, I hope to get similar results when my new Tegra phone arrives in a few days. Did you happen to try Tekken 6 or WWE SVR 11?
07-03-2013, 10:19 PM
(07-03-2013 06:19 PM)MyGamerTV Wrote:  
(07-03-2013 12:48 AM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  I have a Tegra 3 device and I use No-Frills CPU to set performance at 1.3 and Ram Manager set at Hard Gaming. My results:

Frameskip 3
Hardware Transform
Vertex Cache
Stream VBO
Force 60FPS
Dynarec
Fast Memory
Lock CPU Speed 60
Enable Sound
Enable Atrac 3+

That's quite impressive, I hope to get similar results when my new Tegra phone arrives in a few days. Did you happen to try Tekken 6 or WWE SVR 11?

I don't think that's impressive, frameskip at 3 will give 60 VPS but the gameplay will be so bad that you can't even play, frameskip at 1 will give you enough VPS to have a decent gameplay, though there are still lots of improvements to the JIT so in the future Android users will get even more speed Big Grin
07-03-2013, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 11:09 PM by theonyxphoenix.)
With Frameskip 1 it drops the speed by half. I would rather have a little choppiness and good speed then smooth slow motion

I can get Tactics Ogre LOCT to run full speed but I cannot seem to resolve the issue in battle where whenever there is dialogue or a spell is cast the screen goes black. Now I can fix it by toggling the Buffered Rendering but with the amount of times per battle that this is necessary it quickly becomes a hassle.
07-03-2013, 11:48 PM
No-Frills CPU to set performance at 1.3 and Ram Manager set at Hard Gaming. My results:

Final Fantasy IV: Speed 58-69; FPS 60

Frameskip 0 (More Frameskip helps fix sound scratching)
Hardware Transform
Vertex Cache
Stream VBO
Force 60FPS
Dynarec
Fast Memory
Lock CPU Speed 60
Enable Sound
Enable Atrac 3+

Text is visible. Game slows down when entering a boss battle. The Battle menu needs to have the text smoothed and there is some overlap with the numbers shown of enemies. Have to use save states since I cannot use a hard save. Some graphical glitching on the world map in the Kaipo desert.
07-04-2013, 11:18 AM
I use PPSSPP on my Nexus 7. I can tell you that most of the games run smoothly. Almost have 60 FPS. (Such as FF IV, Super Robots War,...)
Except the games which are made by heavy 3D polygons, FPS would drop down to 30-40. (Such as FFD, Monster Hunter)
07-05-2013, 12:43 PM
How work on Lg optimus 4x HD ?
07-05-2013, 02:12 PM
(07-05-2013 12:43 PM)Stefan96 Wrote:  How work on Lg optimus 4x HD ?

It runs a 1.3 Tegra 3 and 1GB ram so I would suspect you would get the same results as the Nexus 7 with the same specs.