Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
06-28-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
(06-26-2014 09:33 PM)antharys Wrote:  Hello all, hmmm, I took a small search at this thread and found no answers for my problem.

Could someone share with me the best 0.9.8 config for 1.7Dual-Core + Adreno 320? (Motorola Moto X)

I'm using a common configuration and it's killing me at the fights, there's a vid of a guy playing it on his LG G2 (I'm really willing to buy this phone just for it) ->www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZfqqhmPH0k

But I can't really match his settings (you can see them by the end of the video)

any help, please PM me.

This is my settings...
You can put its content in the SYSTEM folder...
Reply again if you have any problem... Blush

.zip  ppsspp.zip (Size: 1.95 KB / Downloads: 611)

CPU: Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M 2GB
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2014, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2014 02:16 PM by stokesy.)
I'm making this post here and referencing my post in CC:FFVII...forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=1323&page=27&highlight=Crisis+Core
I have ghosting on KHBBS and some scenes of CC:FFVII...I think it's a problem with the shaders.

My system is an AMD APU A10 laptop with 6 gigs of ram, and a 2 gig dedicated dual graphics subsystem ATI Radeon HD 8650/8750.

The PPSSPP rev number is 0.9.8

Edit 2:35 PM 7/7/2014:
Thinking about the graphics I thought maybe of tweaking some settings hoping to fix this problem and maybe crisis Core's too....So here's the thing...When I first set PPSSPP up on my laptop, I thought that buffering through my GPU would make it run better...I was wrong...I turned it to Non buffered and now, I don't get the ghosting

Edit 11:13 AM 7/8/2014
Ok so I continued testing a little and it looks like, for CC anyway(Haven't tried BBS fully yet) that more of the textures (background and terrain) are dropping off unbuffered BUT, it is more playable and less distracting now that there is no ghosting...If anyone has an idea other than this quick fix, be sure to respond or PM or something...
07-10-2014, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2014 11:14 PM by Pandawan420.)
First off I'd like to mention that I'm new to the forums so if this is posted in the wrong place or already covers something fixed I apologize in advance, also I don't really have any experience with codding so the most I can do is fiddle around with settings and test games but I'll to help out the best that i can. Anyway onto why I'm posting this, I was having issue's in Kingdom BBS (specifically the opening cut-scene) Anyway I was messing around with my settings and and I managed to get past the part it kept freezing at, I also don't have any issues with black characters/menu/HUD/Monster Treasure Chests etc.

(I don't know how to post screenshots in this forum so bare with me please!)

Graphics:

Rendering Mode: Non-buffered rendering
Framerate Control: FrameSkipping 1,Auto Frameskip: ☑
Features: No particular settings.
Performance: Rendering resolution Auto (1:1), Everything BUT hardware transform: ☑
Texture Scaling: No particular settings.
Texture Filtering: No particular settings.
Hack Settings: Enable Alpha Mask: ☑
Overlay Information: No particular settings.
Debugging: No particular settings.

Audio:

Enable Sound: ☑
Low Latency Audio: ☐

System:

Fast Memory: ☐
'Multithreaded (2+ CPUs or HT) : ☐
I/O on thread: ☑
CPU Clock: 333 +
Atomic Audio Locks: ☐
PSP Model - PSP-1000

Edit: The only issue I have is the mini-map is all black, but that hardly effects the game at all so eh

Hope this helped :3
~Pandawan~
07-12-2014, 09:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2014 07:35 AM by dasjorik.)
(06-22-2014 05:53 AM)knifeandlantern Wrote:  Hello all,

So, I tried running this game on the newest PPSSPP build (0.9.8) for Windows 7 - 64bit, but I encounter a problem. When starting a New Game, the opening cinematic plays beautifully, and the next cutscene (where the robed figure says "This world is too small" or something like that) plays fine, but on the loading screen directly following, it freezes. Every time. And I mean a complete freeze, where my only apparent option is to hard shutdown my computer. I've tried running it on a couple older versions of the 0.9.X series, but get the same problem. I've also tried disabling Hardware Transform, Multi-threaded, and Fast Memory, but that didn't help either. I've tried running it both with and without installing the game. Same problem.

I looked through most of this thread, but it didn't seem like anyone was having a comparable problem to this one. Does anyone have any insights as to what might be causing this problem? Or, even better, a way to fix it? I can provide more specific information upon request.

Thanks a lot!

I have the exact same problem, in the beginning only the emulator would freeze but then my pc started to completely freeze after the crash. Does anyone know what caused the change and why our pc's are freezing?

Edit: to thank Pandawan for the effort but it didn't solve the problem for me
Edit: There was an error message when only the emulator would crash 'EmuThread timed out'

specs:
Intel® Core ™ i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits (6.1, build 7601)
8gb RAM 1600mhz
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 REV 3.1
ASUS EAH6850 Series
07-17-2014, 04:28 PM
I must be missing something, but I am not able to use my PSP savedata into emulator: game says it is corrupted

The version of my PSP would matter? I have an old one because works perfect with remotejoylite plugin which is crucial for me because can control and see the psp on my pc (and both screen and controls are almost-broken in my physical device)
07-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Version 0.9.9 on Android seems to be one step forward, 2 steps back. It doesn't seem to freeze during cutscenes now (at least I found a place where it usually froze and then updated then got to that cutscene again and it didn't freeze with 0.9.9), but there are lot more graphical glitches. When I'm using a Command Style it has weird artifacts on it which didn't exist in 0.9.8 and the pause menu lags like crazy (which wasn't present in 0.9.8). Overall though, I would say the game is pretty playable. Managing to get 30 FPS constant practically on my nVidia SHIELD.
07-25-2014, 06:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2014 06:38 AM by singledad.)
Graphics
Non buffered rendering √
Simulate block transfer √
Frameskipping 2
Auto frameskipping Off
Prevent FPS from exceeding 60 (speeds up GoW) Off
Alernative speed (in %, 0= unlimited) 600
Postprocessing shader Off
Stretch to display √
Rendering resolution Auto(1:1)
Display resolution(HW scaler) Auto (same as rendering resolution)
Mipmapping√
Hardware transform√
Software skinning√
Vertex cache√
Lazy texture cache√
Retain changed textures √
Disable slower effects √
Spline/Bezier curves quality High
Upscale level Off
Upscale type xBRZ High
Deposturize √
Anistropic filtering Off
Texture filtering Auto
Timer hack Off
Disable alpha test √
Disable stencil test Off
Force depth write Off
Texture coord speedhack √
Show FPS counter Both
Show debug statistics Off
Soft ware rendering ( experimental )

Audio
SFX volume 7
BGM volume 7
Enable sound √
Audio latency High

Audio hacks
Sound speed up hack (Dead or Alive, etc. ) Off

System
Fast memory Off
Multithreaded √
I/O on thread√
Force real clock sync √
Chage emulated PSP's CPU clock 0
Atomic audio locks √

Developer tools
Dynarec ( JIT) √
All others Off

General
Screen rotation Landscape
Check for new versions of PPSSPP √
Enable compatability server reports √

Networking
Enable networking/WLAN ( beta, may break games ) Off

PSP settings
PSP model PSP-2000/3000

Any other setting options are personal preferences.
I used these settings for a Nook HD + on PPSSPP 0.9.9 and they seem to run pretty flawless. Hope it helps. Happy gaming.
07-29-2014, 04:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2014 04:02 PM by FatCerberus.)
I'm seeing a ton of flicker and other unpleasant graphical artifacts (it looks like a staticy TV) with 0.9.9 in KH:BBS FM, enough to make the game unplayable. There's also a great deal of lag while on the pause menu that wasn't there in 0.9.8.

This is with the 64-bit version of PPSSPP and my system is a Core i7-4700MQ with 8GB of RAM and HD Graphics 4600 (i.e. the i7's iGPU), running Windows 8.1 Pro.

Settings include 4x rendering and 2x texture scaling.
07-29-2014, 04:39 PM
No problems here(v0.9.9-27 x86)...KH BBS FM
No matter what I try,the game is barely flickering only when I enable options that usually make games to flicker here(frame skipping,non buffered and multithreaded)

Didn't saw a single graphical artifact.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
07-29-2014, 04:51 PM
(07-29-2014 04:39 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  No problems here(v0.9.9-27 x86)...KH BBS FM
No matter what I try,the game is barely flickering only when I enable options that usually make games to flicker here(frame skipping,non buffered and multithreaded)

Didn't saw a single graphical artifact.

Hm, seems I was wrong, 0.9.8 exhibits the same artifacts, regardless of settings. I must not have actually tried PPSSPP on this particular system before now. I now wonder if it's an issue with Haswell graphics specifically, because this didn't happen on my last i7 machine, which was Ivy Bridge.

A good place where the issue is easy to see is in Peter Pan's Hideout. The HUD flickers like crazy, and white and blue "static" flickers over the entire screen incessantly. Weird.
07-29-2014, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 07-29-2014 05:20 PM by vsub_.)
Hmm,0.9.9-27 don't want to load any of my saves(they work on older revs)
Edit:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/6650

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
07-31-2014, 10:09 PM
Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
Every time i try to play kingdom hearts: birth by sleep, i get past the first cut scene after i start a new game then the screen goes black and i get this message. Display driver stopped responding and has recovered. Any help is appreciated. Sad
07-31-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered
We need your system specs to help you.

What do you have, an AMD/ATI or NVIDIA graphics card? What version of the emulator are you using?

(Open PPSSPP -> Settings -> System -> Developer Tools -> System Information)

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
08-01-2014, 12:47 AM
Have you already updated your video card driver (this may not be ideal on some ATI cards)? That's the first thing I'd do if my operating system said my driver stopped working properly and recovered.

-[Unknown]
08-01-2014, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 02:37 AM by TheDax.)
(07-31-2014 11:48 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  We need your system specs to help you.

What do you have, an AMD/ATI or NVIDIA graphics card? What version of the emulator are you using?

(Open PPSSPP -> Settings -> System -> Developer Tools -> System Information)

The version i'm using is version 0.9.8 because i downloaded it from [Removed], and i have a AMD 760G.

Mod edit: Please don't name ROM/warez sites.