Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
06-27-2013, 01:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 01:53 AM by solarmystic.)
RE: [pre-0.8]-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
(06-27-2013 01:07 AM)Skcyte Wrote:  mine is 0.8-1-g3a3fbfc
windows 7 32bit and im using my regular keyboard
maybe i'll download the newer rev

*EDIT : still not working

That's the reason why.

Quite a number of keyboards (especially laptop keyboards) don't support more than 2 or 3 simultaneous button presses at the same time.

If you were holding down the simulated L/R buttons (which are Q and W on the keyboard) and the simulated O (X button on the keyboard), plus the I/J/K/L buttons (keyboard buttons for the emulated Analogue nub) to move your character, you can't do shotlock.

I can't do it either when using my own laptop's keyboard. Works using a controller.

It is a hardware limitation of your keyboard (and mine).

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2013, 02:03 AM
(06-27-2013 01:52 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(06-27-2013 01:07 AM)Skcyte Wrote:  mine is 0.8-1-g3a3fbfc
windows 7 32bit and im using my regular keyboard
maybe i'll download the newer rev

*EDIT : still not working

That's the reason why.

Quite a number of keyboards (especially laptop keyboards) don't support more than 2 or 3 simultaneous button presses at the same time.

If you were holding down the simulated L/R buttons (which are Q and W on the keyboard) and the simulated O (X button on the keyboard), plus the I/J/K/L buttons (keyboard buttons for the emulated Analogue nub) to move your character, you can't do shotlock.

I can't do it either when using my own laptop's keyboard. Works using a controller.

It is a hardware limitation of your keyboard (and mine).

What if you were to use an external keyboard? would that work or would that give you the same results?

I know that an external keyboard would be kind of annoying to have to pull out, but it might work.
06-27-2013, 02:23 AM
(06-27-2013 02:03 AM)Scootaloo Wrote:  What if you were to use an external keyboard? would that work or would that give you the same results?

I know that an external keyboard would be kind of annoying to have to pull out, but it might work.

That's.. actually a very good idea. I may have to try it out some time when I have access to my desktop.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
06-27-2013, 02:41 AM
(06-27-2013 02:23 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  
(06-27-2013 02:03 AM)Scootaloo Wrote:  What if you were to use an external keyboard? would that work or would that give you the same results?

That's.. actually a very good idea. I may have to try it out some time when I have access to my desktop.

I'm not sure if most laptops do this or not, but I know some laptops when it detects an external mouse/keyboard it will disable the internal one automatically.
06-27-2013, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 07:47 AM by IsaacSin.)

It depends on the keyboard. A lot of "gaming" keyboards (and/or mechanical ones) have a higher/unlimited tolerance for simultaneous keystrokes. It's usually advertised as N-key(or 6-key or 10-key or whatever) rollover/NKRO/anti-ghosting. Pretty much any modern keyboard from Razer/Steelseries/Filco/CoolerMaster/Logitech (the list goes on) will have this.

Edit: Upon re-reading the above posts, I'm getting the feeling that you're suggesting using the laptop keyboard and an external keyboard at the same time. I have no idea if this would work, but it sounds like it would be extremely cumbersome.
06-27-2013, 08:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2013 08:14 AM by Scootaloo.)
(06-27-2013 07:45 AM)IsaacSin Wrote:  It depends on the keyboard. A lot of "gaming" keyboards (and/or mechanical ones) have a higher/unlimited tolerance for simultaneous keystrokes. It's usually advertised as N-key(or 6-key or 10-key or whatever) rollover/NKRO/anti-ghosting. Pretty much any modern keyboard from Razer/Steelseries/Filco/CoolerMaster/Logitech (the list goes on) will have this.

To be honest I've never seen "gaming" keyboards/mice necessary for any gaming at all. I still have a PS/2 keyboard, and it works perfectly fine for gaming. Though I only play FPS games, and those don't require that many keys to be working simultaneously. The only reason I could justify buying a "gaming" keyboard to myself is for maybe some RTS games, but that's about it. My Xbox 360 controller works great for nearly all my emulation related needs.

(06-27-2013 07:45 AM)IsaacSin Wrote:  Edit: Upon re-reading the above posts, I'm getting the feeling that you're suggesting using the laptop keyboard and an external keyboard at the same time. I have no idea if this would work, but it sounds like it would be extremely cumbersome.

Neither do I. I know some people have a laptop, but keep it on their desk for the most part so I can see a keyboard working fine there. However if you use your laptop on the go, then it'll be a pain to haul everything around, as well as packing/unpacking. This is of course assuming that my suggestions works Tongue.
06-27-2013, 02:36 PM
I have the latest updates for ppsspp on both my android phone as well as my windows 8 64-bit yet even so the game moves slow at points and I don't know if the crackling issues in voices have been solved or not but yea those are my probs other than that it runs great
06-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Hi! I'm using PPSSPP v0.8.1-58-g217e648 and I always get black backgrounds in some of the cutscenes.
How can I fix this problem? I have attached two screenshots, so you can take a look:

[Image: 1q97.th.png]

[Image: 19qs.th.png]
06-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Same issue with v0.8-61-g50f7c0a. The game doesn't seem to render the ground after a certain distance in some cutscenes. I wonder if it's prematurely unloading the textures or something.

How about the minimap in v0.8.1-58-g217e648? Does it show up at all? If buffered rendering is enabled, will the minimap draw on the ground in front of all characters and creatures and are some scenes out of focus?
06-27-2013, 06:54 PM
If you read back atleast 2 pages, you'll see thats been reported before.
06-28-2013, 03:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 03:36 AM by Tokoshoran.)
I've been playing through as Terra, and got through Aurora and Cinderella's worlds just fine, aside from a harmless extended shadow. However, upon reaching Snow White's world, suddenly I encounter a very nasty graphical glitch: Magic Mirror. The surface of the mirror, and the face within show up just fine, but the frame seems to be unable to find it's texture or something--it shows up as a large white square with an over cut out over the surface of the mirror.

I've tried messing around with a bunch of the graphics items, but the only thing that has any effect on it removes not only the box, but everything else as well, turning the whole screen black.

PS: My PPSSPP's version is written purely as v0.8.1, no fancy hyphen number.
06-29-2013, 11:26 PM
I looked through the thread, but I didn't see this particular problem. Basically, it nearly always runs at 60 VPS on my pc with nearly everything checked on and top settings, but during cutscenes it randomly dips lower and the audio crackles and stuff.

And during gameplay it's always smooth, but whenever one of those "panels" pops up that shows a level up or that you've found an item and such, it messes up for a second and the VPS dips into the 40s

Is there some option I should be ticking on/off to get rid of this, or is it just how it's going to run until further updates to the emulator?
06-30-2013, 02:33 AM
(06-29-2013 11:26 PM)SomeRandomWeirdGuy Wrote:  I looked through the thread, but I didn't see this particular problem. Basically, it nearly always runs at 60 VPS on my pc with nearly everything checked on and top settings, but during cutscenes it randomly dips lower and the audio crackles and stuff.

And during gameplay it's always smooth, but whenever one of those "panels" pops up that shows a level up or that you've found an item and such, it messes up for a second and the VPS dips into the 40s

Is there some option I should be ticking on/off to get rid of this, or is it just how it's going to run until further updates to the emulator?

What do you mean by "top settings"? Those dips sound unusual, as the part that should be slower (gameplay) is full speed, but pop-ups and cutscenes lag. Have you tried locking CPU speed in the settings?
06-30-2013, 02:45 AM
(06-30-2013 02:33 AM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  What do you mean by "top settings"? Those dips sound unusual, as the part that should be slower (gameplay) is full speed, but pop-ups and cutscenes lag. Have you tried locking CPU speed in the settings?

I meant that I could turn the filtering up to 16 and the texture scaling up to 5x with minimal effects to the framerate.

I do believe though that the cause for hiccups in cutscenes is the subtitles, because whenever I run near an entrance to an area and the the name of that area shows up, it hiccups as well. It's basically anything that isn't on the screen during normal gameplay. Pressing start, getting close to a world and info popping up on the world map, level ups, etc.

How would I do that? I'm a huge novice when it comes to emulation
06-30-2013, 05:45 AM
5x is basically crazy high. You may experience slowdowns even on really good hardware. The workaround is to set it a bit lower, like even 4x.

-[Unknown]