Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
08-04-2015, 04:46 AM
RE: Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
                Ok, first. sorry if I'm doing this wrong. I'm new to posting in fourms (forums?)
Anyways, I used a BbS Easy Modding System on my regular BbS, not knowing it was only for the Final Mix version (yes, I saw the Final Mix logo, but I ignored that)
The only problem on my Ventus file was it freezing for a few second on the loading screen, and the fact that the mods I selected (KH 2 Sora+Kingdom Key) didn't show up
On my Terra file...The screen was messed up, (it was like I was looking at his face, super zoomed in, through a kaleidoscope) and the screen went black and froze when I tried using the transporter (I was in the Mirage Arena)
My Aqua file wouldn't even load, it ended up crashing the game
After messing around a bit, and putting a gameplay patch on the iso (BBS0.DAT) it corrupted my game
I had the saved files become corrupted due to a cheat, and that was fixed by deleting the BbS cheat file. But when I tried deleting the Modding Station, the game was corrupted. I tried restoring the settings, (which made the saved file screens of my Fate/EXTRA and Fate/EXTRA CCC games appear) and disabled two settings. Nothing changed
Long story short: Used the BbS Easy Modding Station on my BbS rom, no mods but glitches. Tried applying the BBS0.DAT...Thing on my iso, it corrupted the iso. Tried deleting the Modding Station, nothing. Tried restoring default setting and disabled two settings, fixed a glitch on two other games, but BbS iso was still corrupted
Does anyone know how to fix this? I really would like to play my BbS game (I'm downloading the Final Mix version as I'm typing this, but only want to use that as a last resort. I really don't want to have to replay the Ice Cream Beat mini game)
PS. Here's some screenshots/pictures I took, just in case it might help. Sorry if they don't load/appear)
PPS. I am not a computer genius, so please try to keep it simple
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-28-2015, 01:36 AM
Hello, i've been looking through these threads and saw a lot of people with the same problem i'm having but i didnt see a real fix to the issue. I'm at olympus colliseum and i've been playing for a few hours, i decided to save in-game since i haven't for a while and i'm now stuck on a message saying "Checking the storage media..". I haven't saved for a while and im already pretty upset that this is happening. Does ANYONE have a fix for this? Or am i doomed to go back and repeat all like 6 worlds that i just finished?
08-28-2015, 04:03 AM
This is what happened:

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...#pid106844

Unfortunately, there's no real "fix". The best fix, Marty, err, I mean Isaac, is to avoid time travel. Read the post above to understand.

-[Unknown]
08-30-2015, 10:08 PM
(08-28-2015 04:03 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  This is what happened:

Unfortunately, there's no real "fix". The best fix, Marty, err, I mean Isaac, is to avoid time travel. Read the post above to understand.

-[Unknown]

That actually makes a whole lot of sense.. But shit man this is killing me its multiple hours down the tube. Thanks for the explanation though i'll try not to make that mistake again.
09-08-2015, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 04:57 PM by [email protected].)
The game keeps freezing everytime I try to exit Deep Space with Terra. (It freezes after "Unlocked the Command Board for Deep Space)

Can anyone help me?
11-02-2015, 06:15 AM
Having some sound issues when playing kingdom hearts birth by sleep
Is it normal for the sound to bug out occasionally during cinematics in a game like this? Everything else runs fine, just the occasional sound error. Usually something like the sound crackling during scenes where alot is going on. And its making the game feel awkward.

Anyone know if its a problem with the game, or just a typical thing on the emulator since I know stuff like this isn't perfect.

If I can't get it fully working, I guess i'll just track down a copy of the HD remasters on the PS3 as soon as my brother fixes the problem the system was having.
11-02-2015, 08:29 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-18-2015, 11:51 AM
Hey, I just started using PPSSPP, and I was wondering how BBS works on the newest build. Also, I just get a black screen when I try to load the game. I'm not at home right now, but when I do, I will get my specs for you.
11-18-2015, 09:59 PM
Ok, never mind, I fixed the black screen by adjusting some of my settings
12-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Hi, whenever I play kingdom hearts birth by sleep on my phone, it always lags and sometimes after saving it in a savestate and returning back to the menu, it keeps saying 'Unfortunately, PPSSPP has stopped'. I am using Redmi 1S. Is there any way to fix this lag as well as crash? Thanks.
12-25-2015, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-25-2015 01:21 PM by DemonRoxas.)
Hey guys,

I have a major issue with this game. Its a graphics bug / glitch that is consistent / replicable and persists even after closing PPSSPP. It occurs in all PPSSPP versions 1.0.1 and older (1.0 is the last one without it). It also occurs independant of the KHBBS version (US / EUR / JAP Final Mix) or PPSSPP's settings.

The bug happens when I enter the "World Map" area (no difference whether I load into it or load into a world and travel into it). The whole screen is messed up into a glitchy pattern and this glitch persists even outside of PPSSPP / after PPSSPP is killed. I couldn't screenshot the game itself because it crashes my system when I try, but I was able to make one of my desktop after killing PPSSPP.

Screenshots link --> ttp://imgur.com/a/mJPzT

(Normal unglitched desktop for comparison.)

As I said, this bug is consistent and replicable - it occurs every time when I do the described things and it's always the same glitch. Probably a software bug, or at least I hope so. It hasn't occured anywhere else so far (and I've run several other GPU-intensive games and applications after this, and everything seems fine).

I'm currently running PPSSPP v1.0 to play the translated Final Mix without the glitch, but the 60fps cheat only partly works with that version - when I enter the pause menu, it starts lagging and slows down to ~35-40fps, but switches back to 60fps when I either leave the menu or open one of the menu tabs (commands, items, abilities, ...). I also have huge fps crashes and lagspikes when I enter the Mirage Arena. Both of these lag problems are only occuring when the 60fps cheat is active, otherwise everything runs smoothly with 30fps. Is that a known bug? If not, hooray I found another one. This one occurs no matter how high or low I put the emulation settings. Also I have a rather high-end gaming rig so it probably isn't a hardware bottleneck or anything like that.

(For that matter, my system setup is:

- Intel Core i5-4460 [email protected]
- ASRock B85M motherboard
- HIS IceQ x2 Mini Radeon R9 270X
- 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM
- Thermaltake Hamburg 530W PSU
- running the latest Windows 10 64-bit)

(I also tried completely wiping the AMD drivers and reinstalling different versions of it, but it didn't change the problem. Currently running the newest Crimson Edition Software.)

So yeah, no idea what's going on or how to fix this, but here it is.

Merry christmas btw.
12-25-2015, 07:34 PM
Well, unfortunately many Windows 10 drivers seem to still have bugs. The fact that this persists beyond PPSSPP closing definitely means it's a driver bug, and it may be fixed in a future version of the driver. So I'd recommend staying tuned for updates from AMD.

That doesn't mean it's not ALSO a bug in PPSSPP. We made 109 changes between v1.0.0 and v1.1.1, so that's already pretty helpful.

A few things to try / clarify:

You're for sure using "OpenGL" as the rendering backend, right?

You're using a 64-bit version of PPSSPP (PPSSPPWindows64.exe), right?

Try changing the following options:
1. Change "Simulate block transfer" to off.
2. Change "Rendering mode" to "Buffered rendering".
3. Change "Vertex cache" to off.
4. Change "Disable slow framebuffer effects" to ON.
5. Make sure nothing under "Hacks" at the bottom is selected.
6. Change "Fast memory" under System to off.
7. Disable any post-shader you're using (if you don't know what this means, you're probably not using one.. options are e.g. "Natural Colors", etc.)

Note that 1 and 4 will potentially cause graphical glitches in the game. But, disabling those things may avoid triggering the bug - it can at least help is narrow down that the bug IS in those features.

From the regression range (https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/compa.....v1.0.1), the most likely candidates to me seem to be:

https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/7458 / https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/issues/7457
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/7520

But I'm not sure. If you want to help narrow it down, it'd be great if you could test a git build in between (like v1.0-53-g6f0ea8f) v1.0.0 and v1.0.1. If you can test a couple, go by halves - 4-5 tries would narrow it down a lot, but I imagine you have to restart in between each one.

-[Unknown]
12-26-2015, 06:53 PM
I used OpenGL as backend, only ran the 64bit version, and always used the FXAA post-shader (which never seemed to really do much anti-aliasing in the first place, but whatever, applied it anyway because why not).

I have no Idea what these github-posts are and what to do with them.
Huh Please elaborate Huh

I will try narrowing down the bug and playing with those options once I have time for it, probably somewhere in mid-January.

I've found another bug as well: both on Windows and Android, the newer versions of PPSSPP cannot display the little area map in the top right corner correctly - they only display a dark blue rectangle with the moving little keyblade in it, but they don't load the map itself. It works fine in Windows64 v1.0 though.
12-27-2015, 09:11 PM
The minimap works fine for me. Try switching to default settings?

I was just linking to the code changes for reference.

-[Unknown]
03-07-2016, 06:36 AM
Error loading State File
When i try to load my save file for Kingdom Hearths Birth by Sleep i keep getting an error that says:

Error: after "RAM", found 0 (0x0) instead of save marker 66 (0x45)
Aborting savestate load...

what does it mean, and how can i fix this?