Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.33 Average
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
12-27-2012, 05:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2013 05:54 PM by vnctdj.)
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
File Type: CSO
version: 0.4 git (2012/12/27)
Compatibility: Loading Screen

NOTE:can not see anything but if you press X and you will hear is loaded
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 07:32 PM by Apology11.)
RE: [pre-0.5][windows][load] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Do you use a decrypted version?
01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
He must, because a clean dump of KH has encrypted files which we can't read (until we add PGD support).
01-17-2013, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2013 07:36 PM by Apology11.)
I just tried it too and as I said it actually works if you decrypt the game, but you can´t see anything and I don´t know what I selected, but I wen´t through a few menus.

[Image: ppsspplog.png]
01-20-2013, 01:36 PM
I tried running in KHBBS in git today (2013/01/20) i only see this o.O

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-24-2013, 11:58 PM
Since PGD encryption got implemented I must update on the issues:
(The LOG is from the Final Mix but the same appears with the non-Final Mix versions)

Log:
http://pastie.org/6331069
02-25-2013, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 02-27-2013 10:43 AM by takeshineale88.)
It now crashes the emulator on the latest git v0.6-760, My game is in CSO and European version. (Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 an android device)

PC specs
CPU = Intel Core i5 10500
GPU = Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Storage = 240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD
RAM = 16GB DDR4
OS = Windows 11

Mobile Devices
Xiaomi Mi11
CPU = Qualcomm Snapdragon 888
GPU = Adreno 660
RAM = 8GB
Storage = 256GB
OS = Android 12
03-14-2013, 03:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2013 07:12 AM by c0nK3R.)
RE: [pre-0.8][windows][load] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
GameID:ULUS10505
File Type: ISO
Version:ppsspp-v0.7-53-g79823fa
System Specs: check signature
--------Decrypted: BlackedOut Textures: Text, Character, enemy, menus
-------------------Non-Displaying: Huds and menus
-------------------Quirks: Floor disappears occasionally, monster treasure box renders textures for a moment, movies occasionally move the scene outside the view window.
FPS: Win=55-60, And=30-35, media engine toggled off 37-42 which is playable

Clean Dump:
With a Clean dump of the game, the emulator self terminates the game. Here's a log of that.
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=gBm7tmjf

Decrypted: So obviously pgd decryption is not working for this game.

First here are some albums of screen shots from the game running.
Some characters texture are displayed
further into the game

Important to note the main menu doesn't display so you have to know how to get into the game to play the game Smile.

Text, character, enemy's, treasure chest have blacked out textures. I think the emulator is dumping those textures but I'll explain why I think that later on in the post.
-Click images to open bigger picture
[Image: HgQKErX.png]

In the in-game menu the character displays fine but everything else is blacked out
[Image: g8QpTTW.png]

First Why do the characters texture display correctly in the 1st movie and occasionally black out?
[Image: zeT1aGA.png]
[Image: uSRH5yo.png]
[Image: e2XOxwT.jpg]
Here's a log from this session (I tried to document where stuff was happening in the time code refer to the block at the begging of the file. Just to note the documentation was done as i started the event. so the effect was sometime after that)
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=EqFPwH4t

Here's another interesting case. The monster Treasure chest's Texture is visible right when it changes to attack you then a millisecond later its blacked out. (Thanks for F7 and F8 Smile)
[Image: 3QCN5ey.png]
[Image: mFrRUGn.png]
[Image: HgQKErX.png]
So from this I can only draw the conclusion that the emulator is dumping the textures for this game prematurely. Here's a log file for this.
http://pastie.org/pastes/6483852/text look for the lame attempt to isolate the bug reports with comments(#) at the time of opening the chest.

Please contact me if you need more test or info to track down the bugs to make this game playable Smile.

I also Added an issue for this in the github.

Windows 7 64bit, AMD Phenom II 840T 4 cores @ 2.9GHZ, 6 GB Ram
Graphics card-ATI Radeon HD 4200

Yuandao N101 (Jelly Bean)-RK3066, Dual core A9 @ 1.6 GHz, Mali-400 GPU, 1GB Ram, 10.1"
03-15-2013, 03:34 PM
It doesn't work for me, with, or without decrypting it, after starting a new game/load, it simply stays on black screen and nothing happens. Possibly an issue with OGL implementation across different cards and the way it treats it's texture loading.
03-15-2013, 08:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2013 09:05 PM by c0nK3R.)
RE: [pre-0.8][windows][load] Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
I think I know why yours hangs after trying to go in-game. You forgot to include the system data in the memory stick (for some reason ppsspp won't create this Huh). Just copy the folder "ULUS10505" over and it should run your decrypted iso. Oh and it does take about 20 seconds to go in-game from the main menu.

Also just curious did you decrypt your iso manually(replacing files) or did you use some automated program?

(03-15-2013 03:34 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:  Possibly an issue with OGL implementation across different cards and the way it treats it's texture loading.
I doubt that as it happens on both Windows and android, which tells me it has something to do with the way the texture is handled in general(whether destroyed of modified I don't know), but I might be wrong lol.

I tried earlier builds to see if it was possibly tied to the z-order bug from monster hunter series, or the bloom effects from wipeout, but the game was only runnable after [Unknown] fixed some memory alignment issue in v0.6-927.

Windows 7 64bit, AMD Phenom II 840T 4 cores @ 2.9GHZ, 6 GB Ram
Graphics card-ATI Radeon HD 4200

Yuandao N101 (Jelly Bean)-RK3066, Dual core A9 @ 1.6 GHz, Mali-400 GPU, 1GB Ram, 10.1"
03-16-2013, 02:10 PM
Now that PGD has been fixed this game finally starts for me. You can't see any of the opening menus or anything like that, so you kind of have to know your way around the menu's to start a new game. After skipping past the first few cutscenes, (by the way, pause menus don't show up so have sound on to help feel your way to selections) in-game the character is black. Similar to Final Mix version. The sub-titles text is black, making it very hard to read. The Heads-Up Display isn't showing. Pause menus don't show in-game either. The tutorial bubbles also fail to be displayed, so if you lose control of your character, just press X button until you regain control. The game runs about 28-35 fps on my android-Xperia Play, and much faster with frameskipping. Keep frameskipping off however as when you try to change areas the screen will be completely black until you turn frameskipping off. The game also seems to be a bit unstable, as it has force closed on me randomly a couple of times. Other than those issues, speed is decent compared to most other 3D games on android, sound is functional (the sounds that PPSSPP decodes as of now anyway), and overall it looks like this game will absolutely be playable when graphics issues are solved.
03-16-2013, 02:44 PM
(03-16-2013 02:10 PM)EvilKingStan Wrote:  Now that PGD has been fixed this game finally starts for me. You can't see any of the opening menus or anything like that, so you kind of have to know your way around the menu's to start a new game. After skipping past the first few cutscenes, (by the way, pause menus don't show up so have sound on to help feel your way to selections) in-game the character is black. Similar to Final Mix version. The sub-titles text is black, making it very hard to read. The Heads-Up Display isn't showing. Pause menus don't show in-game either. The tutorial bubbles also fail to be displayed, so if you lose control of your character, just press X button until you regain control. The game runs about 28-35 fps on my android-Xperia Play, and much faster with frameskipping. Keep frameskipping off however as when you try to change areas the screen will be completely black until you turn frameskipping off. The game also seems to be a bit unstable, as it has force closed on me randomly a couple of times. Other than those issues, speed is decent compared to most other 3D games on android, sound is functional (the sounds that PPSSPP decodes as of now anyway), and overall it looks like this game will absolutely be playable when graphics issues are solved.

cool but in the last version for the menu is not yet visible to me, unless PGD is not yet complete for windows???

comfirme someone I use windows xp

v0.7-111-g434c0a4
03-18-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 08:31 PM by Rairon.)
v0.7-158

[Image: asdf.png]

it sometimes loads the textures in cutscenes.
I think there is a bug in the PGD decryption, cause i get some PGD errors in the log console. it seems that ppsspp is most time failing to decrypt the files. Sometimes the ground textures are flickering, invisible or just black.

but it runs very smooth and MUCH better as with jcpsp

good work, soon this game will be playable Smile

edit:
savestats are working!

edit2:
on android there are the same issues
03-23-2013, 03:57 AM
working on android???
03-23-2013, 04:25 PM
(03-23-2013 03:57 AM)skyfor Wrote:  working on android???

Yes it works on android, but these glitches listed above make it unplayable.