Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.6 Average
A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
12-07-2013, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 11:44 AM by Archimedes.)
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
Hey guys! I have been playing MH3rd HD for some time now, and every time I play it I encounter this graphical error:

[Image: Farm.jpg]
(click on it to fully view it)

Hey maybe it's just map specific bug, you might say. But no, it's not. Please take a look at these:

[Image: lvl1.jpg]

[Image: lvl2.jpg]

[Image: lvl3.jpg]

So what did I do about it? I tried starting the game with all settings off, then with all settings on, then with some off and some on and came to the conclusion that it's not from there. Then I toyed with the video card's driver options, updated them, did not downgraded though, same result. After a while I observed something. The error only appeared when the game ran in full screen. Well it's a little more to it than that.

You see, I have a 1920 x 1080 resolution. If the game runs on a resolution of 1920 x 1080, or one bigger than this one, or even close below this one (That is what I think, not sure though, the error could appear at even lower resolutions), that graphical error will surely show it's ugly face. My friend, who has a 1280 x 1024 resolution, also tested it and the error doesn't show up on his PC.

Oh, and about the fullscreen, it's not just fullscreen it's windowed to. Take a look:

[Image: Window.jpg]

Now I want your help to see if it's AMD video card specific thing. Please help me test this out, and post screens of your results. The "best" place to see the error is in the farm. Run around the mining point and it should show itself on the lower left side of your screen (look at the first picture I posted and you will see what I'm talking about).

If a dev is interested in this please tell me what extra information do you need. Here are my PC specs:

CPU: AMD Phemon II X6 1055T
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6870 (13.11 driver)

Thank you for your time!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards - Archimedes - 12-07-2013 11:42 AM