Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.6 Average
A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
10-23-2013, 02:52 PM
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
(10-23-2013 12:08 PM)solarmystic Wrote:  Windows XP and the Radeon HD 7730 combo makes my recommendation about drivers abit tricky, since those cards (7xxx especially) are often paired with either Windows 7 or 8/8.1 which are definitely better supported (better drivers) by AMD at this stage.

Have you tried upgrading to the latest 13.9 XP WHQL drivers for your card? (Not recommended for older cards, only for the newest ones)

I had not considered that there would be AMD users with bleeding edge 7xxx series cards still on XP for whatever reason. I suspect the recommended drivers for that series (using XP) would be very different.
If you were using Windows 7, I would definitely advise you to always go for the latest drivers for that card.

What Ritori meant by turn off Catalyst, is to disable Catalyst A.I. which is the cause of a lot of related driver crashes for AMD users, and is still enabled by default even if you haven't installed the Catalyst Control Center.

Thanks for your reply.
I use windows xp with HD 7730 just because the previous HD 4670 was gone.

I followed your suggestion to upgrade to catalyst 13.9.
It's very surprising that the version of atioglxx.dll is 6.14.10.11927, totally the same as catalyst 13.4.
And of course, v0.9.1-1631 still randomly crash by atioglxx.dll.

At this time, I installed Catalyst Control Center.
I disabled Catalyst A.I. by disabling Surface Format Optimization.
But it's a pity that the v0.9.1-1631 still randomly crash by atioglxx.dll.

It looks like I have to play v0.9.1-1630 for more time......
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards - starlord0502 - 10-23-2013 02:52 PM