Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4.6 Average
A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
07-10-2013, 05:07 AM
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards
(07-10-2013 05:04 AM)Danyal Zia Wrote:  I've just read your addition to the thread. Fyi, I've installed Windows XP on my old rig with X800 before that It had Windows 7 under drivers of Windows Vista. Amazing thing is that enabling hardware transform is now giving a HUGE boost in performace (80-100% speed boost) though enabling Vertex Cache still doesn't give speed boost while enabling both of them at the same time decreases a lot of frames. I'm easily getting 60 Speed without frameskipping with hardware transform on GTA Vice City Stories which is a bit heavy for 7 year old card I think, But recently builds have strange full screen bug. When I toggle full screen during game it drops the Speed from 60 to 10 which is virtually unplayable. But, when I toggle full screen before opening game then the speed remains same. That was happening in Windows 7 as well so it's not a driver problem I think. The problem with ATI/AMD drivers is that they don't unleash full potentail of a GPU. They have to lose something or feature while gaining other thing.

Oh lord, why didn't you mention you were on Windows 7 with that X800 card lol.

I would've told you to go straight back to Windows XP, since AMD's OGL drivers got even worse in Windows 7 for older cards.

AMD/ATI's Win XP OGL drivers are much, much more mature and faster than their current 7 implementation which is much more slower and bloated in comparison.

PPSSPP Modern Testbed:-
Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.0 GHz
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 VRAM @ 1138/6500 Mhz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1

PPSSPP Ancient Testing Rig:-
Intel Core 2 Duo T9550 @ 2.8GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon 4670 1GB GDDR3 VRAM @ 843/882 MHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1066 MHz
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A comprehensive list of games that are only problematic on AMD/ATI graphics cards - solarmystic - 07-10-2013 05:07 AM