Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Guide to Running PPSSPP on Intel GMA 965/X3100
06-28-2013, 09:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2013 10:02 AM by Niyawa.)
RE: Guide to Running PPSSPP on Intel GMA 965/X3100
Great guide. It seems someone you beat me to it, I was planning to make one regarding Intel super-low end GPUs too, haha. Just one thing you should change so it doesn't spread misinformation...

(06-28-2013 01:45 AM)neilencio Wrote:  1. First, if PPSSPP is crashing on you during startup, you're probably using the stock drivers that came with your motherboard/laptop. Those don't have support for OpenGL 2.0 so You need to update to a newer one. There's no need to look for 3rd party drivers, the newest one from Intel is good enough (the version I'm using came from Intel, version 15.12.75.4.1930)

A newer driver doesn't mean it's the right driver. I'm the living proof of that. I have an Intel 4500MHD (GM45 Express) and when I tried to play PPSSPP with the latest drivers (like you're doing), it didn't work at all. The only way to fix it was to use a older driver that gave correct support for OpenGL 2.0 AND my GM45 Express (which in my case was one from 2010, from version 8). The reason any newer didn't work as redundant that sounds, it's because Intel dropped the support and their newer drivers only worked correctly and at full potential with Core i generation.

Based on that, it's safe to assume that not every time the newer driver will work, so I'd feel safe if you reworded that first part. Oh, and thanks solar, you convinced me to get a new dedicated NVidia GPU. I thought I'd go for ATI this time since it's cheaper but oh well. Things are going crazy here in Brazil, I might as well take advantage of that.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. OP, since you have a GMA 965, you can try GMABooster to speed your GPU up to 2.4x without voltage increase. Apparently it's really helpful but I've never tried it myself. I thought I should mention though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Guide to Running PPSSPP on Intel GMA 965/X3100 - Niyawa - 06-28-2013 09:53 AM