Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.67 Average
Valkyria Chronicles II
10-02-2013, 08:30 PM
RE: Valkyria Chronicles II
Hey there. I'm curious if anyone's been able to make the Save and Load states work?

It seems to save fine, but when I load, it's hit and miss, especially when in the battlefield.

If I save in the map view, and then proceed to load after, the game seems to run fine. But then I select the unit I want to move, and the game just... keeps running in map view without going to the next screen.

When in Lanseal though, I'm able to load state fine. It allows me to enter and exit buildings no problem.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2013, 09:43 PM
Hmm, that's strange. Does it happen with 0.9.1 release as well? It would help to narrow down when it started.

-[Unknown]
10-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Yeah it does. The version I used to play it with was 8.9 I think. I just upgraded to 9.1 a few hours ago, in an attempt to see if it'd resolve the save state problem but it still doesn't want to work properly.

Weirdly enough, the hanging only really happens after loading the state, then proceeding to do an action that'll cause a change of maps while in battle; such as ending a turn (Switching from third person 3D models to the birds-eye view map) and vice-versa.
10-03-2013, 11:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2013 11:19 AM by The Phoenix.)
(10-02-2013 10:00 PM)Papillon Wrote:  Yeah it does. The version I used to play it with was 8.9 I think. I just upgraded to 9.1 a few hours ago, in an attempt to see if it'd resolve the save state problem but it still doesn't want to work properly.

Weirdly enough, the hanging only really happens after loading the state, then proceeding to do an action that'll cause a change of maps while in battle; such as ending a turn (Switching from third person 3D models to the birds-eye view map) and vice-versa.

When you say you upgraded to 0.9.1, have you tried the latest beta, its found at the bottom of the downloads page on the main site. http://www.ppsspp.org/downloads.html

Hope that helps.
10-03-2013, 09:42 PM
(10-02-2013 10:00 PM)Papillon Wrote:  Yeah it does. The version I used to play it with was 8.9 I think. I just upgraded to 9.1 a few hours ago, in an attempt to see if it'd resolve the save state problem but it still doesn't want to work properly.

I'm using ppsspp v0.9.1-1g0a0377a on Android, save-load state works perfectly in battle.
10-04-2013, 03:40 AM
If you created the savestate with a version before v0.9.1-940-g6aecfe3 or so, then you won't be able to load it in a newer version. The game will be glitchy. It doesn't sound like you're trying to do that, though, but not sure.

I just tested, taking the following steps:
1. Loaded a regular savegame, and was in Lanseal.
2. Saved state, then reset the emulator, and loaded the state.
3. Entered a battle, at the map.
4. Saved state, then reset the emulator, and loaded the state.
5. Selected Avan, now in action.
6. Saved state, then reset the emulator, and loaded the state.
7. Shot at an enemy and went back to the map.
8. Saved state, then reset the emulator, and loaded the state.
9. Selected Avan again.

Everything worked perfectly fine. Do the above steps not work for you?

-[Unknown]
10-04-2013, 11:22 AM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2013 04:55 PM by Papillon.)
Yup, I'm not loading a save state from a previous version. When I upgraded to 0.9.1, I created a new save state and tried my luck at loading that, but it still wouldn't work for me.

And I'm trying to replicate your steps, and just in step 3, it's failing xD;
I load the state while in Lanseal's map, then select Briefing Room and it just zooms in and stops, at which point the fade to black => screen change doesn't appear. But... if it works fine for everyone else, it must be something on my side then. I'll try and get a new copy of the game, maybe (Might've done something wrong while extracting the ISO or something) As well as redownload the emulator.

Thanks for the help c:

Edit:

I just wanted to append to this. After re-extracting the game, the load state function works fine now. I'm not entirely certain what was it that I did wrong before but it was my copy of the game that was corrupted it seems. Thanks again to everyone who helped!
10-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Hello, I'm new to the world of emulators so I need some help running this first game.

I'm able to start up the game and it reads I have no save data, but when I select to create the data, it asks me if I want to continue without loading.

Hitting both yes and no will lead to the same result, it will check to see if I have save data and find none, and take me back to the screen asking me if I want to create one.

Please Help!
10-09-2013, 06:27 PM
This game only asks you to continue without loading if you select no when it prompts you with:

The Game Wrote:At least 672 KB of space is required to create save data. Create save data?

I suppose it also might ask to continue without loading if for some reason you're using PPSSPP from a directory you don't normally have permissions to write in(Program Files on Windows Vista/7/8), meaning it couldn't create its data.

If the above scenario isn't the case, you should answer Yes to "Create save data?".

Hope this helps. You didn't mention any other details like OS, so it's hard to say what it could be.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
10-09-2013, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 06:54 PM by WarPig262.)
I hit yes to create save data but it still sent me through the loop. So it's probably the first scenario. I use Windows 8.

System specs:

Windows 8 ver. 6.2.9200 Build 9200
Intel® Core™ i7-3770 @ 3.40GHz, 3401MHz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors
x64 based PC
10-09-2013, 07:03 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2013 07:03 PM by TheDax.)
Does the Debug Console(Debugging -> Log Console) show anything in red around the time you press Yes?

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
10-09-2013, 11:12 PM
No, it just repeats the same two lines of code no matter what I hit.
10-09-2013, 11:48 PM
Where are you running PPSSPP from? For example, your desktop, a folder in Program Files, C:\Users\YourUsername, etc..

I'm pretty sure it has to do with that.

10-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Are you sure you are pressing the "cross" button? On Windows, "Z" is cross by default, and "X" is circle. If you are pressing circle, you might definitely get the behavior you describe.

You can configure the buttons in the settings.

-[Unknown]
10-10-2013, 12:21 AM
That's definitely a good point, [Unknown]. Apologies for not thinking of it before, WarPig262.