Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Controller options for ppsspp on android
06-26-2013, 03:54 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 04:01 AM by kouta-kun.)
Controller options for ppsspp on android
I know there has been talk and some practice with using various controllers on android, but I don't see any clear tutorials or what works best on any forums. I recently bought a nexus 7 and plan to play ppsspp games with a controller but I'm not sure what the best options are.

Currently I own 2 wired xbox 360 controllers and have ordered OTG cables for my tablet. But im also looking at a ps3 controller (both bluetooth and otg) and a SteelSeries FREE Mobile Wireless Gaming Controller.

So my request with this thread is to organize what works best, what is easy to setup, and what I should use.

Also I know it has been said before but key mapping would fix a lot of these issues.

Also I know that some of the only ways to make this work are with some 3rd party apps, however this really shouldn't be necessary (seeing that every other emulator for android can easily key map with no problems)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-26-2013, 08:13 AM
RE: Controller options for ppsspp on android
On my nexus 7 ps3 controller with sixasis app work without mapping anything,just tick use native gamepad in app settings and you're good to go!
06-26-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm unfortunately having issues with my S4 and wired 360 controller with the dpad being unresponsive.
06-27-2013, 12:36 AM
so why is there no native support for this yet? Playing any action games on touch screen is a really hard thing to do and I would never resort to it.

Generic Controller Key Mapping seems like a pretty important thing.
06-27-2013, 02:40 PM
I play with my controller with help of USB/BT Joystick Center and sometime also Joy4 Touch Server.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
06-28-2013, 04:11 AM
(06-27-2013 02:40 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  I play with my controller with help of USB/BT Joystick Center and sometime also Joy4 Touch Server.

Well I already know these exist. The problem is that they shouldn't have to for this emulator. with every emulator I use for android with the exception of NDS I never ran into this problem. So I'm really curious as to why this hasn't been implemented yet. Also what if I want to use a different type of controller, or want to map some of the extra keys (like l2 and r2) to settings like super speed or saving and loading states? Or perhaps a button to bring up the menu. The only reason I'm trying to be respectfully insistent on this issue is that its very hard to do anything that requires fast movement on touch controls. (I've played a lot of corpse party on this emulator and it took me several tries to do something that should have been very easy).
06-28-2013, 04:17 AM
I have both a PS3 and a Steelseries Controller and have gotten both to work. The PS3 is easily usable by using the Sixaxis app to make it native. You should be able to use the PS3 controller on PPSSPP.

With the Steelseries I purchased GameKeyboard from the Google Play store and mapped the on screen buttons to the controller and then placed the virtual buttons where I needed them on the screen. It worked like a charm and I prefer this since my Steelseries is far more portable than the PS3 which is why I bought it.
06-28-2013, 04:21 AM
(06-28-2013 04:17 AM)theonyxphoenix Wrote:  I have both a PS3 and a Steelseries Controller and have gotten both to work. The PS3 is easily usable by using the Sixaxis app to make it native. You should be able to use the PS3 controller on PPSSPP.

With the Steelseries I purchased GameKeyboard from the Google Play store and mapped the on screen buttons to the controller and then placed the virtual buttons where I needed them on the screen. It worked like a charm and I prefer this since my Steelseries is far more portable than the PS3 which is why I bought it.

Well thats one idea. but I currently don't own anything but a wired xbox 360 controller so id like to use that if possible. But there is no options for key mapping at all in ppsspp. This to me seems like a big problem