Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mapping a generic USB controller on Win7
06-25-2013, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 03:32 PM by SSN11.)
Mapping a generic USB controller on Win7
Guys, I got a regular USB controller that I can remap on every other emulator, but its "fixed" in PPSSPP, no configuration setup seems to let me remap the buttons on it.
Please don't tell me I have to use one of those X360 pad emulators, they really suck major balls. Is there a way to get it to work without a 3rd party program?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2013, 03:57 PM
RE: Mapping a generic USB controller on Win7
Quote:Please don't tell me I have to use one of those X360 pad emulators, they really suck major balls.

Being incapable of following instruction does not correlate to a software "sucking balls"
06-25-2013, 04:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 04:21 PM by SSN11.)
(06-25-2013 03:57 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote:  
Quote:Please don't tell me I have to use one of those X360 pad emulators, they really suck major balls.

Being incapable of following instruction does not correlate to a software "sucking balls"

I tried setting it up for Dark Souls in the past, it didn't work at all. It may just be a thing about my controller not having a proper profile or something, don't know.
I just don't understand why the devs of this emulator opted for the 360 controller being the only "officially supported" one. It's just a pain in the ass for anyone who has a PS3 controller or a generic one.

Edit: Never mind, the remapping works INGAME
06-25-2013, 04:21 PM
Not really. I have motionjoy. I use it so I can hook my laptop up to my tv and play with my ps3 controller over bluetooth. I haven't encountered any problems with it. I just think you've been using the wrong ones or just didn't set it up right.

x360ce newest version is completely streamline. When you start it up it connects to the internet to find settings best suited for your controller. After that just put the file it makes for you in in main install folder of any game and it should work just fine. Link: http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/

The emulator also supports directinput. Maybe your controller is using that. Worst case scenario you'll have to use xpadder. Its not a bad program. Far from it. It's just you'll have to turn it on every time your playing and turn it off when your done.
06-25-2013, 04:29 PM
"x360ce newest version is completely streamline. When you start it up it connects to the internet to find settings best suited for your controller. After that just put the file it makes for you in in main install folder of any game and it should work just fine."

We don't support the DLL embedded in the app for various reasons. and dark souls works completely fine with x360ce, though some users have to input chain the dinput8 dll (No cause for this has been found as yet)

x360ce works perfect in ppsspp though, and both the dinput and xinput control types can be fully remapped in 0.8+
06-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Are you using the latest version? It supports buttons mapping.