Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Some strange problems with ram usage
06-26-2013, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 06:28 AM by vsub_.)
RE: Some strange problems with ram usage
Quote:Just to confirm - can you list a few (like 5?) games that have this problem? I just want to confirm it's only affecting you. Unless we have a major bug, it should not be that we would ever allocate > 1 GB of user memory. I've also never seen it using that much VRAM either without the scaling options enabled.

5 games:

God Of War Ghost Of Sparta - HT enabled and after the first 3 logos or when you can control Kratos then enable HT

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep - HT enabled...start a new game and skip the cut scenes.You'll reach a cut scene where the screen goes while(not because of the emulator)and there the emulator will load for 1-2 seconds and then freeze(I can see how the ram usage goes higher and higher).
Also if I disable HT and skip all cut scenes,when I can finally control Roxas,if I try enabling HT,the moment I do than,it will start eating ram to no end.

Crisis Core - If HT is enabled,between every time there is loading involved(talking,cut scenes,before starting a battle and so on),the emu freeze for couple of seconds 5-20 and then continues.If HT is disabled,it load fast on those places
On a new game after the first mission,after the point the game allow you to save,if HT is enabled,it takes 20 seconds to load the cut scene and if it's disabled 2 seconds.
When I load the memory card save(before the cut scene),after I wait for 20 seconds,progress with the game and when the next cut scene start(before I even see it),it will start eating ram.

DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team Demo - To make it easier,disable HT and start a battle.When you can control the character,enable HT(it will freeze and few seconds after that,it will start eating ram)

Naruto Shippuden Kizuna Drive Demo - the same as DBZ...disable HT and just press X until you can control the character,then enable HT.

With HT disabled,the speed on any game becomes at least 100% slower.

Quote:If you're willing to try more things, I would suggest booting into safe mode. This should ensure there is nothing external interfering with the process. I'm not sure if it will even run in safe mode to be honest, but if it does (hopefully), and still has the same behavior, then it's most likely a flaw in PPSSPP somewhere.

If it runs and does not, then it's most likely some service or process running on your computer. In that case, I'd recommend rebooting, and killing a bunch of processes and services in the Task Manager, and then trying again. If safe mode doesn't even work, this is also an option, but it can be a pain.

The emu can't run in safe mode because what he requires doesn't work there.
I don't run any extra processes.I made a little program from which I can start all of the programs I use and usually are started along with windows,so all of those test were done after starting the pc and don't run any programs(Task Manager=>Processes says 24)

Currently after all those tests,my ram usage was reduced to less than 200mb and if I try any of the games above,it will become real fast above 1000mb usage

Every time I try to close the emu after the problem,I get this
Code:
Wait for emuthread timed out! :(
please alert the developer to possible deadlock or infinite loop in emuthread!

And on all of those games if Buffered Rendering is enabled,I get black screen.

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Some strange problems with ram usage - vsub_ - 06-26-2013 06:03 AM