Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
japanese characters input info
06-25-2013, 08:45 AM
japanese characters input info
Hi there, I made this topic to ask a question, or rather to get help with a problem i'm facing with: it's about font, but not font in-game, but those you input for example while naming a character or when you have to input words. Note that i'm talking about the japanese characters;

I made some screen shot (in this case i'm testing the input password feature of lord of apocalypse)

[Image: okwhp4.png] (hiragana)

If you are asking why I put a red circle it's simple: the character is wrong, there る (ru) is repeated instead of ろ (ro) .

[Image: 2lc4ht0.png] (katakana)

Same as above, but this time in katakana ル (ru) instead of ロ (ro) . And There are some missing other symbols, like ー .

[Image: 2uhv8ft.png]

The reasons i have uploaded this last image, and made all this wall of text is because i'd like to figure out if it's my pc problem or if it's the emu to be incomplete on that aspect, and of course to help with it's improvement. Sorry Again for this long post, and I hope that somebody can help me Smile

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2013, 04:16 PM
RE: japanese characters input info
It's not just your PC.

Characters with dakuten marks, along with the vowel lengthening character (ー) are not supported at this time.

The る/ろ, ル/ロ thing is just a mistake.

Also, it appears kanji are supposed to be supported, as the default names in CONCEPTION 俺の子供を生んでくれ! use them. It would be helpful to know how the kanji are ordered on a real PSP (e.g. 五十音順 by onyomi, stroke count, etc).

I've already opened a Github issue for some of this stuff. I'll open another one with this new information.
06-25-2013, 05:47 PM
I see, thanks for the reply RPG Advocate, and thanks for opening another github issue about this, I'm new to this so i'm ignorant on the matter, thanks again Smile

06-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Same issue to me (all undefined characters are all ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?)
im talking about the android PPSSPP.
06-26-2013, 05:27 PM
/moved
06-26-2013, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 06-26-2013 06:36 PM by Gurlok.)
Wooh it does seems that in the latest build vowel and lenghtening characters are fixed! Now the only thing left is the japanese version of the alphabet (the one where there is no space between letters in japanese games), but thank you so much for the work done already!

07-20-2013, 03:20 PM
how to show hiragana when inputing those? i cant find it? helppp
07-20-2013, 03:25 PM
...By pressing select.