Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
PPSSPP Crashing AMD Legacy Drivers Windows 7
07-14-2014, 08:58 PM
RE: PPSSPP Crashing AMD Legacy Drivers Windows 7
I hope that this is in the right place, I don't know if my card's a Legacy or not, but I do know it's AMD, unless ATI was a company AMD bought out? I'm sorry, I don't know much about computers. I recently got PPSSPP and have tried playing a few games, but after 5 minutes or so my graphics drivers fail. I've read through the thread and tried the fixes shown, but for the life of me I can't seem to find the Surface Format Optimization to disable it. My computer was built for me for my birthday, so I don't really know much about it, but this is the information I could find:

Display Adapter [I'm assuming that's my graphics card] is an ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
my Processor is an Intel® Core™ i3-2100 CPU @3.10GHz 3.10 GHz [I'm not sure why it says it twice, but it does]
8 GB of RAM
Windows 7 64bit.
According to CCC my Driver Packaging Version is 8.97. my Catalyst version is 13.1, 2D Driver version is 8.01.01.1248, and Direct3D version is 7.14.10.0911, I don't know if those are up-to-date, but when I use Steam's "Check for Video Driver Updates" it tells me I'm up-to-date.

I'd put up the log.bat for you but if it's supposed to be under the Program Files (x86) or under Documents, there's no Log.bat to use, is it something I have to make myself?

Thank you for your time, and thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PPSSPP Crashing AMD Legacy Drivers Windows 7 - Exqueak - 07-14-2014 08:58 PM