Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The PSP "saving" screens confuses the emu (?)
06-18-2013, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2013 03:45 PM by StriderVM.)
The PSP "saving" screens confuses the emu (?)
Hi, it's me again. I've just noticed something peculiar, I've tried until revision 1464, and the same issue persists.

In Tekken 6, it stays on a black screen after loading the ISO/game. And in SRW Z2-1, on the intermission screen, when trying to save the game to the memory card (They seem to be part(s) of the game where the PSP's XMB seems to be used.)

However, these issues doesn't seem to affect the Android version (At least on my phone) . I can save fine in SRW Z2-1 and I can see the startup notice on Tekken 6.

I have tested the emu on two systems (One desktop and one laptop) and the issue remains the same.

Desktop :
Intel E7500 OCed to 3.6Ghz
nVidia GTX 550Ti

Laptop :
Intel Core i3 3210M
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 8750M

Here are the log files from the emu. I hope this could be of some use.

The only reason this could happen in my system and not in others that I could think of is that I've been using a stripped down version of Windows 7 Ultimate, it's stripped down to the point that the OS uses only 2GB on a fresh installation and consumes less than 1GB of RAM.

Attached File(s)
.txt  LogSRWZ21.txt (Size: 22.92 KB / Downloads: 330)
.txt  LogTekken6.txt (Size: 8.24 KB / Downloads: 317)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: The PSP "saving" screens confuses the emu (?)
I think you shouldn't post your problem here...

I move your thread Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
06-18-2013, 11:50 PM
This implies that the font texture isn't working, but I don't know why that'd be, especially on two separate cards...

Are you extracting the emulator to a folder and then running it? Or just running its exe only? It needs files outside the exe to show those dialogs.

-[Unknown]
06-19-2013, 02:51 AM
Here are more findings regarding my issue.

"Ignore Illegal Writes/Reads" seems to bypass the problems. And there's no graphical error or anything on the save prompts, everything seems to be fine.

For your suggestion about the exe. I've also tried extracting all of the files to a brand new directory and loading the games, same issues.

The log files are included.

The second log file is in pastebay due to the 1MB file size.

http://www.pastebay.net/1241546

Attached File(s)
.txt  SRWZ21Log.txt (Size: 27.29 KB / Downloads: 339)