Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Best mobile CPU and GPU for PPSSPP?
06-22-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Best mobile CPU and GPU for PPSSPP?
(06-22-2013 04:46 AM)Furby Wrote:  Do these issues only affect 3D rendered games? To be honest, I mostly find myself playing sprite based games (Final Fantasy I, Class of Heroes, Legend of Heroes, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc...), which seem to function visually the same (Bar speed, but I'd expect that) to my laptop, so It wouldn't be so much hurt if I couldn't, say, run Soul Calibur at max, but could pull off the less visually demanding games like those above fine.
It affects anything that has to do with textures, vertex shaders and anything that has long instruction words which is more or less everything visualy rendered. Mali is just a no no for PPSSPP.

(06-22-2013 04:46 AM)Furby Wrote:  Specifically, to give some direction and hopefully pull a less vague answer, I will be getting the Galaxy S4 in the future, and would love to turn it into my PSP replacement, if possible.
Replacement is just too much to describe what you'll get. Despite what people may think S4 is -NOT- a crazy powerhouse and also is not really the most ideal device for PPSSPP. Having on top of the fact that it has Mali GPU it makes things really worse, so, you have high possibilities of S4 to have one of the best or generaly good speed but for sure it won't be the best out there and expect issues with it's Mali GPU like forever. In long, I mean really long term you could expect things go a bit better with OGL ES 3.0 but nothing that will get crazy speeds. In my opinion, I'd never buy devices with Power-VR and Mali even without having to consider PPSSPP's compatibility, they are sloppily architectured and have generaly poor support compared to their counterparts.

The best devices out there for PPSSPP are the ones that have Snapdragon 800, like the Korea only version of Galaxy S4.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best mobile CPU and GPU for PPSSPP? - VIRGIN KLM - 06-22-2013 12:04 PM