Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 2 Average
Best websites for PSP games for the PPSSPP emulator
07-04-2013, 03:51 PM
RE: Best websites for PSP games for the PPSSPP emulator
(07-04-2013 03:08 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  What is the better to download DEMOs?

How about that ? Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Find all posts by this user
07-04-2013, 06:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2013 06:08 PM by arg274.)

probably this---
http://www.pspdemocenter.com/

ppl should have a signature like me for those uncivilized apes...

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
07-04-2013, 07:04 PM
(07-04-2013 06:07 PM)arg274 Wrote:  

probably this---
http://www.pspdemocenter.com/

ppl should have a signature like me for those uncivilized apes...

I already had accessed this site, but i downloaded many games that I get error when open the file.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-05-2013, 04:16 AM
(07-04-2013 07:04 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  I already had accessed this site, but i downloaded many games that I get error when open the file
i dloaded 4 demos 4m there.all seem to work fine on a real psp and 3 of them played perfectly on ppsspp.do u get the missing key error?

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
07-05-2013, 04:39 AM
(07-03-2013 05:02 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  Even if you download some ROM protected by copyright, you can use this only for 24h, just for test. After this, delete or buy the original game.

Just to be complete on the subject there is no legal basis for the 24 rule. That is to say: the 24 hour rule is a popular myth. Similar to the "No infringement intended" term found on youtube.
07-05-2013, 07:40 AM
(07-04-2013 03:51 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  

How about that ? Wink

@vnctdj

how u doing that for google chrome Big Grin (i see that many time)
tell me how to doing that xD *excited*

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
07-05-2013, 01:20 PM
(07-05-2013 07:40 AM)Ritori Wrote:  
(07-04-2013 03:51 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  

How about that ? Wink

@vnctdj

how u doing that for google chrome Big Grin (i see that many time)
tell me how to doing that xD *excited*

It doesn't depend on your browser, it works with javascript Wink
You just have to go on their site here Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-05-2013, 11:38 PM
The sole purpose of a rom/iso is for a digital backup of the game you suppose to already own... in case of disc damage etc. roms are legal. Only problem is too many leechers downloadin just for piracy purposes... iv done it myself in the past but iv also done as a backup and burned to disc incase the worst shiuld happen.. roms /isos are legal, read on it.
07-06-2013, 09:24 PM
(07-05-2013 11:38 PM)stodag Wrote:  The sole purpose of a rom/iso is for a digital backup of the game you suppose to already own... in case of disc damage etc. roms are legal. Only problem is too many leechers downloadin just for piracy purposes... iv done it myself in the past but iv also done as a backup and burned to disc incase the worst shiuld happen.. roms /isos are legal, read on it.

True, it is legal to download roms and isos. (Assuming you already purchased the game.) I, like you, have downloaded some seeing as I no longer have my PSP to rip from, and I can't always borrow my friend's. Uploading however, is absolutely illegal.
07-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Yep, only problem is.. nobody knows who and if someones bought a game before downloading a rom/iso.. Its a very grey area for that purpose.. what I mean is unless you can prove you purchased the game in the past, its partially illegal... but yeah.. its legal if you already own the game.. or maybe owned the game in the past. Not sure about the latter though.

S TO DA G
07-06-2013, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 10:23 PM by Special.)
Jesus Christ, look at all the lawyers up in here, hate to burst your bubble but you're all completely wrong on this matter.

There have been official statements on legality of emulators from nintendo and many others, this isn't exactly new territory.

They said this exactly:
Emulation is perfectly legal. BUT to legally play games, YOU must rip your OWN rom image yourself. The same applies to a bios file, the ONLY legal way you can use a bios on an emulator is if YOU dump you OWN system bios.
If you own the system or the games, it IS STILL ILLEGAL to download/upload them from/to the internet.
ALSO you can NOT keep the rom/bios dump if you no longer have ownership of said game/console. If its lost, stolen, sold, given away, you no longer legally can keep your rom and bios dumps.
If the game/system are broken its fine (which kind of puts a weird twist on it, as you can buy broken games/consoles and then legally be able to get roms/bios files lol)

Now there are a few "grey areas" such as, if you own the game, downloading it isnt much of a problem. Since really no one is going to police it, and if you own the game, theres really no way to prove you didnt rip it yourself, and just say you downloaded it to compare it to yours, or maybe just say someone else maybe used your internet and downloaded it, idk. But there really is no way they can prove you didnt dump it yourself, so they wont go after it really.
Also in copyright, it states that if the game is no longer able to be purchased nor the system/hardware used to play it are no longer able to be purchased from stores, then you are allows to share the game files and play it on an emulator. BUT virtual console, xbox live arcade, psn network have alot of these old games for sale, so that kind of makes this tricky.
This does NOT cover a bios. Downloading a bios is and always will be illegal. (because of this, alot of emulators use high-level emulation to avoid the need for bios files)

Read the EULA of what you are regarding making "backups" of because they are all different, some say you can make a personal backup and others are against it no matter what. In fact, the Wii's website says that all ROMs and ISOs are illegal. Most software companies allow you to create a copy for your own personal backup, and if you ever sell or destroy the original, you must do the same for the copy.

Same applies to MP3s. You can't download a bunch of MP3s, even if you own the CD. You can rip your own music and keep it for yourself, but you can't steal someone else's copy.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-fairuse.html#p2p
http://www.nintendo.com/corp/legal.jsp#download_rom
http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-di...tml#backup
07-06-2013, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 11:09 PM by GuilhermeGS2.)
Because backups are allowed games if we will not be able to play later. EX: If I have an original PS2 game, so I'll do a backup, my original DVD scratches, I record it in another, but the PS2 does not read non-original games without unlocking, and there? Some very old games are hard to get, but are readily available for download.

In my country the original games are expensive. EX: A PS3 costs, the simplest, the average of R$ 800, games (most expensive - Best) R$ 200 ~ R$ 250, if I buy 4 games already buy another console, and of course no one has only 4 games. Does not pay. The cheaper games are about R $ 80.

Unfortunately these laws do not work in my country because the very constituents of the law have some pirated software. They say they can not do, but they do the same, justice is unjust, there is a lot of corruption. You may have seen on TV the demonstrations that took place in Brazil, it is because the people already weary of theft, especially in skyrocketing taxes.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-07-2013, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 01:02 AM by stodag.)
I'll have that get back to ya on this, once: fnd the article I'm talkin about ie where I got my info.. it was a quote from sony or somethin, can't really remember.

I'll have that get back to ya on this, once i find the article I'm talkin about ie where I got my info.. it was a quote from sony or somethin, can't really remember.

This is heading towards dangerous talk.. and yep I can sense the prying eyes Smile its a very grey area... maybe this post needs to be closed just to be safe.

S TO DA G
07-07-2013, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately, no matter what it says on Wii websites and whatnot, gaming companies don't write laws. When you go and buy a game, you don't just buy the disk or cartridge it comes on, you buy your rights to the piece of software contained on it.

"Since really no one is going to police it, and if you own the game, theres really no way to prove you didnt rip it yourself, and just say you downloaded it to compare it to yours, or maybe just say someone else maybe used your internet and downloaded it, idk. But there really is no way they can prove you didnt dump it yourself, so they wont go after it really."

True, nobody "polices" it, but media companies do monitor these things. You don't get arrested, you get sued. Even if someone supposedly "downloaded it on your wifi" you're still held legally responsible.

Even with all of this, it's not the downloads you get in trouble for, it's the uploads. That's what media companies track. Many people download through the use of torrents, but what they don't realize is that the torrent simultaneously uploads whatever file they are downloading via their IP address. This is why torrents are so slow, and why they show download speed and upload speed on your screen. So media companies check which IP's are uploading, look them up, contact the internet provider to get an address, and go sue-happy for all the money you have potentially cost them by uploading their file.

They don't give a damn about downloads because:

a) there's the chance the down-loader has rights to the software file via purchase and

b) They can only sue for as much as the individual file as worth. When they sue for uploading, they can show an estimated figure and run you for billions.

Anyways, I've rambled. My only real point was that it's not illegal as long as you own rights to the file in question, regardless of what Nintendo says.

Side-note: MP3's are a little more serious, as record labels are tantamount to the devil. For instance, most "rich" singers and whatnot, are actually millions in debt to their own record label. There's even some law they tried to have passed that says if you're going to play music out of a speaker at a public place, (for a party or something) you have to pay the record label and acquire their permission. As that music could reach the ears of listeners who have not paid for it.
07-08-2013, 10:17 AM
Mmmm interestin point about chargin for playin music in public...

S TO DA G
Thread Closed