Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help
06-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Help
Hi Guys,

First time posting here. I only found the ppsspp yesterday and have been installing it for my son so he can play his psp games on my laptop. The emulator seems to work fine however when I try to load his game it does start and you can see the initial loading screen however it is extremely slow. The game is called Yu-Gi-Oh, I dont know if that matters. Perhaps someone can tell me if I did something wrong. Or have the wrong setting.

I have a HP Laptop running Windows 7, I have 6.00gb of ram with a 64 bit operating system. Also a Intel Core i5-2430M Cpu @ 2.40GHz.

Any help you can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2013, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-14-2013 10:21 PM by stodag.)
RE: Help
hi welcome.. in settings see if (dynerec) is enabled for speed also frameskippin for even more speed. Take note.. its still in early stages, some games work faster than others until optimisations are implemented etc. also if fast memory isnt enabled try e.abling that to for speed.. good luck.

I dont have that game m8.. so i could tell you how it works. Theres a compatibilty list on this site to see which games work ok etc..
06-14-2013, 10:37 PM
I think the Yu Gi Oh Tag Force games still have issues and don't work properly. Definitely some games work better than others.

A new version is probably going to be released soon, so you may want to wait for it or try a git development build (on the downloads page near the bottom.) It improves compatibility, but as I mentioned I think the Yu Gi Oh Tag Force series still doesn't work properly.

-[Unknown]
06-15-2013, 08:52 AM
Do you think my Laptop is fast enough ?
06-15-2013, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2013 09:03 AM by stodag.)
Most modern laptops are fast enouph. Laptop cpus are much more powerful than mobiles, and iv seen it run full speed on high end devices so shouldnt be a problem.. gpu is the biggest part... Also theres no multithreading so the faster your single core pressesor the better.

Also without seeing your specs i cant be certain, but if your laptop is modern ie 2/3 years old maybe stretch to four lol then you should attain good speeds in future.. if not now.

S TO DA G
06-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Not just modern laptops are fast enough than mobiles but even older Pentium M (1.8-2.0 ghz) based laptops with ATI Mobility X300/X600 are fast enough for PPSSPP.