Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Lags when holding down a button
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Lags when holding down a button
As the title says, PPSSPP lags when I hold down a button. I'm trying to play Hatsune Miku - Project Diva Extend. I've been playing for quite some time and the game works flawlessly.

I don't know what happened, but now whenever I hold down a button for a while, the fps drops and the game lags. This happened with other games too. :( When I released the button, the game returned to it's normal speed. This has never happened before. What do you think I should do to fix it?

Please and thank you! I can't play Project Diva without having to hold a button >.<
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2013, 02:07 PM
RE: Lags when holding down a button
are you latest version?
that can be find here http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/
u not holding tab button Tongue right?

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-13-2013, 02:49 PM
(06-13-2013 02:07 PM)Ritori Wrote:  are you latest version?

I'm holding the WASD and arrow keys only. I tried the latest version as you suggested, the quality is better and smoother but it still has the same problem.

Has it got anything to do with my settings? I'm pretty sure it's something else causing the problem as this has never happened before. And I don't see anybody who has the same problem either.
06-13-2013, 04:21 PM
The same thing occurs to me in Android. The thing is that when i pair the ipega controller and use its dpad (only the dpad is mapped) the lang doesn't happen, so it has to do with the onscreen controls
06-14-2013, 01:14 AM
If I hold ANY button even random buttons that are not included in the controls, the game lags. And this only happens to PPSSPP.
06-14-2013, 01:22 AM
(06-13-2013 02:49 PM)SakuraVocal Wrote:  

I'm holding the WASD and arrow keys only. I tried the latest version as you suggested, the quality is better and smoother but it still has the same problem.

Has it got anything to do with my settings? I'm pretty sure it's something else causing the problem as this has never happened before. And I don't see anybody who has the same problem either.

Yup it never happen to me while holding any button dont lag etc... with same game as u are Project Diva extend ( i play it now nothing happen maybe u driver is problem?)
what setting u use anyway (i alway set to default Big Grin)

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-14-2013, 12:21 PM
(06-14-2013 01:22 AM)Ritori Wrote:  

Yup it never happen to me while holding any button dont lag etc... with same game as u are Project Diva extend ( i play it now nothing happen maybe u driver is problem?)

I found out that using the newer version of PPSSPP increased the lagging when holding down a button. Settings are default. So that's not the problem. My driver? What do you think is wrong with it?

It's really frustrating Sad Since PPSSPP is the only emulator that plays Project Diva smoothly on my laptop. I still don't know what triggered it to lag while holding down a key.

I remember Project Diva 2nd having the same problem. Just that it lags even without holding a key. I quit playing 2nd and continued Extend, but after a few days it started having problems like 2nd. The longer you hold, the worst the lagging gets. If you need a video reference to check the problem, tell me Smile
06-14-2013, 06:34 PM
(06-14-2013 12:21 PM)SakuraVocal Wrote:  

I found out that using the newer version of PPSSPP increased the lagging when holding down a button. Settings are default. So that's not the problem. My driver? What do you think is wrong with it?

It's really frustrating Sad Since PPSSPP is the only emulator that plays Project Diva smoothly on my laptop. I still don't know what triggered it to lag while holding down a key.

I remember Project Diva 2nd having the same problem. Just that it lags even without holding a key. I quit playing 2nd and continued Extend, but after a few days it started having problems like 2nd. The longer you hold, the worst the lagging gets. If you need a video reference to check the problem, tell me Smile

Yea maybe u should and post log too maybe dev team with look at it if they has time ^_^ (they pretty busy now to make 0.8) Smile
and u computer or laptor spec Smile

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-15-2013, 08:13 AM
(06-14-2013 06:34 PM)Ritori Wrote:  
(06-14-2013 12:21 PM)SakuraVocal Wrote:  

Yea maybe u should and post log too maybe dev team with look at it if they has time ^_^ (they pretty busy now to make 0.8) Smile
and u computer or laptor spec Smile

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-2467M CPU @ 1.60GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM

Log: (Not quite sure if I did it correctly) http://pastebin.com/PfPqb4XF

Now it just plain lags even if I'm not doing anything. HELP! Sad
06-15-2013, 01:26 PM
maybe intel problem?? i dunno about this Undecided
hope people has same spec can said something :o

Rig to test now :
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-16-2013, 09:06 AM
(06-15-2013 01:26 PM)Ritori Wrote:  maybe intel problem?? i dunno about this Undecided
hope people has same spec can said something :o

Guess what? 8D I just found and fixed the problem! I tried different settings, updating some installments and restart the PC. Then it works just like before! Smile Thank you so much for taking time to reply to this thread. You don't know how much I appreciate it.

Once again, thanks <3