Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles US
06-10-2013, 12:51 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2013 08:12 PM by TheDax.)
Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles US
Region : US
Format : CSO
Version : v0.7.6-1229-g5839279
Game ID : ULUS10277
Compatability : Nothing
Notes : The game freezes at 1 point and gets stuck at a loading screen.
1rst, freeze is at the intro movie right after the konami logo, if it doesn't get skipped fast by pressing start the game freezes, the game just gets frozen and a black screen is displayed.
2nd, the loading screen that gets stuck is at stage 1, before the boss fight (either normal boss or alternative boss) the loading screen stays at loading and doesn't get past there at all.
As a sidenote, the background of the first stage is graphically corrupted and shows instead of the fire with a wavy effect, the character and frontal layout mirrored and wavy.

Attachment 1 is the black screen.
Attachment 2 is the loading screen in question.
Attachment 3 is the wavy effect corruption bug.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2013, 06:03 PM
RE: Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles
I hope they are fixing those issues for the next Update.
06-11-2013, 09:46 PM
at 1161 it was working fine without media engine.

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz (3.9 GHz with turbo boost) 4.23GHz with OC
RAM 8GB DDR3
NVIDIA GTX 770 Gigabyte
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
Currently using Driver 337.88 WHQL
06-11-2013, 10:59 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 10:59 PM by TheDax.)
Game already has a thread..

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...ht=dracula

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
06-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Does it have any differences from the ULKS46155?
07-13-2013, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2013 03:51 PM by esco1979.)
This is an AMAZING emulator, but this bug is not fixed because I have the same issue on my winxp machine. Rolleyes And one of my friends had the game freeze at now loading just now at the same place and when he got to the werewolf.

I am using the newest version 0.8.1. The id for my cso file is ulus10277

BTW what is media engine? I keep hearing that mentioned.

And if it worked on 1161 (I assume that is a build # of some kind) can someone please tell me where I can dl it?
07-14-2013, 09:48 AM
(07-13-2013 03:48 PM)esco1979 Wrote:  This is an AMAZING emulator, but this bug is not fixed because I have the same issue on my winxp machine. Rolleyes And one of my friends had the game freeze at now loading just now at the same place and when he got to the werewolf.

And if it worked on 1161 (I assume that is a build # of some kind) can someone please tell me where I can dl it?

On the first page of this thread are described the PPSSPP options (Media Engine included).
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...dia+engine
As for the freeze there is something like a temporary fix - for example right before the first boss room pause the game, choose quick save, then exit the game to the start screen and resume. So basically if you quick save before the boss room and then load the quick save it won't freeze (didn't test the Shaft boss fight).
07-14-2013, 02:01 PM
if you pause the game and take a quick save the game gives error.
is really impossible to continue after the two stone monsters.
waiting to fix the problem.
07-20-2013, 07:38 AM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 07:38 AM by esco1979.)
(07-14-2013 09:48 AM)hbk1231 Wrote:  
(07-13-2013 03:48 PM)esco1979 Wrote:  This is an AMAZING emulator, but this bug is not fixed because I have the same issue on my winxp machine. Rolleyes And one of my friends had the game freeze at now loading just now at the same place and when he got to the werewolf.

On the first page of this thread are described the PPSSPP options (Media Engine included).
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?...dia+engine
As for the freeze there is something like a temporary fix - for example right before the first boss room pause the game, choose quick save, then exit the game to the start screen and resume. So basically if you quick save before the boss room and then load the quick save it won't freeze (didn't test the Shaft boss fight).

There is no media engine option under ANY of the menus. And that trick does not work. The only thing that seems to work is using a save file that has everything unlocked already. Also a lot of times, loading saved states crashes the emu on my win xp machine.
07-20-2013, 08:45 PM
(07-20-2013 07:38 AM)esco1979 Wrote:  There is no media engine option under ANY of the menus. And that trick does not work. The only thing that seems to work is using a save file that has everything unlocked already. Also a lot of times, loading saved states crashes the emu on my win xp machine.

Media engine was an option present on older builds, it was later removed forcing the emu to have it always enabled, in the end this game is one of those which got broken by media engine.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
11-07-2013, 05:14 AM
This is great! CastleVania Dracula X Chronicles is working good at full speed at PPSSPP emulator 0.9.5 on Galaxy Tab 2 P3100. This is for the Android Ver.
it's just hard to play on the virtual pad. Big Grin cutscenes are kinda slow though.
11-20-2013, 06:41 AM
This game works fine until the end.

But there are some problems I've found :
1. Boss Rush Mode freezes when selected. It only plays noises out from the speaker.
2. Boss Demo Mode works incorrectly. Richter always dies during boss fight. It's actually always fight bosses with no damage.
3. Original Games freezes at NOW LOADING screen. So unfortunately I can't play the Symphony of the Night and Rondo of Blood that come along with itself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-28-2013, 02:25 AM
I tried it on Galaxy note 3 , but for some reason the characters don't apper
12-28-2013, 06:23 PM
Isn't this a duplicate of the topic on "playable games"? I'd suggest to fix the main thread title to reflect the right name and put this in the dupes section.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
12-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Not necessarily, the other thread is for a different region. I don't know if the two have different compatibility issues, though.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.