Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Xbox controller doesnt work (please read)
06-09-2013, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 09:41 PM by BigWillie54.)
Xbox controller doesnt work (please read)
First i gotta say that i really like the look of your program and how it seems extremely assessable for people like me who may not be the best and doing things on a computer.

Anyways to my issue. I recently downloaded ppsspp v.76 and a game (peace walker). I quickly test to see if the game works and it does. Now i get my xbox controller out (wireless but i have a receive for pc) and click on the controls tab to set the controls up but it isnt working. I though it might be the controller so i try other emulators(psx2 and 9xnes) and real games i own on pc and they all can read my inputs. So im just wondering what the issue is here. Please ask me anything you need to know that could help me play peace walker (just finished mgs3 again now i want to continue the story of big boss).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: Xbox controller doesnt work (please read)
I went and downloaded v 0.7.6 since I don't have it, just to see if I had the issue with my wireless 360 controller.
It works perfectly fine for me without changing any of preconfigured keys.

So the only questions I have are:

Are you using an official wireless receiver?
Are you using an official wireless controller?
Have you tried using it without opening the controls tab (with a fresh download)?
Have you tried playing a different game?
Have you tried using one of the git builds(located at the bottom of the downloads page)?
06-09-2013, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 10:27 PM by BigWillie54.)
Official Receiver.
[Image: pc-wireless-gaming-receiver-for-xbox-360...iginal.jpg]
Official Controller.
[Image: gm_xboxcw_liquidblk_otherviews01.jpg]
Not sure what you mean by that
The game effect if i can change the controls outside the game?
Havent tried any.

btw its a fresh download. I downloaded it an hour ago.
06-09-2013, 10:40 PM
Basically what I mean is you shouldn't need to set up any of the controls. It should just work by default and be in a configuration you would be happy with.

The default config sets it up like this:

Xbox:PSP
A:X
X:Square
Y:Triangle
B:Circle
LB:Left trigger
RB:Right Trigger

Joystick to move.

I don't know if the game would have an effect, but assuming when you start the game the controller doesn't work it might be worth trying a different game.

Also I would recommend downloading one of the git builds, especially if you want to play the game with video cutscenes and music.
06-09-2013, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 10:52 PM by BigWillie54.)
Well the one i just downloaded didnt come with xbox controls preloaded.

Any suggestions on any git guilds that could help me(version doesnt matter as long it plays peace walker well and i can use my controller)?

edit:Guess Peace Walker DOESNT work on this.Just tried and it freeze after the prologue. Am I missing a download or something
06-09-2013, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 11:41 PM by Arrow.)
I'm not sure, as I haven't tried Peace Walker myself. I checked the thread for peace walker and from what I can tell the game has a few problems but will run, although slowly at times.
I would suggest just going to http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/ and downloading whatever the latest build is (the one at the top). Most of the builds have been pretty stable since they implemented the new method for decoding the audio. You will need to downloaded the decoder when prompted, although make sure it is legal for you to do so (if you don't know if it is, click the more info button).
06-11-2013, 02:40 AM
wow.Ok just downloaded another one and the controller works but how do you map the right stick on the buttons?
06-11-2013, 04:21 AM
you can't, the emulator has no code covering the usage of the right stick what so ever.
06-11-2013, 04:10 PM
(06-11-2013 02:40 AM)BigWillie54 Wrote:  wow.Ok just downloaded another one and the controller works but how do you map the right stick on the buttons?

I made a tutorial which allows you to do this here, but I'm not sure that it will work with a XBOX360 controller... Undecided

So you can test my tutorial but I can't promise that it will work given that you have a XBOX360 controller... Confused

For example I have a wired PS3 controller and my tutorial works perfectly Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2