Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Testing assets
06-08-2013, 03:03 AM
Testing assets
Does anyone have some good PSP assets sitting around, that are either public domain or licensed nicely? Specifically would be nice to have:

* A short VAG sample without loops
* A short VAG sample with loops
* A short ATRAC3 mono sample
* A short ATRAC3 stereo sample
* A short ATRAC3+ mono sample
* A short ATRAC3+ stereo sample
* A short PSMF video without an audio track
* A short PSMF video with ATRAC3+ mono audio
* A short PSMF video with ATRAC3+ stereo audio
* A longer (minutes) PSMF video with ATRAC3+ stereo audio

Or know software that can (trivially) encode any of these things from PCM/raw? I'm wanting to have something to run tests against, but ideally not spend forever writing something to generate test assets we can actually distribute with the auto tests.

I think we may have a PSMF video right now that may or may not be okay to distribute...

Aside from those, other assets are PCM, MP3, and PGF which I know how to generate already.

-[Unknown]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-08-2013, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-08-2013 11:47 AM by BubblegumBalloon.)
RE: Testing assets
I make music as a hobby, I would be happy to make some stuff public domain.
Heres something I made for an 8-bit style video game I never finished: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1359.../Music.mp3

Its pretty small in size, if its too long I have some sound effect samples you could use too.

Heres the sample in atrac3 stereo format: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1359.../music.at3
Heres the sample in VAG format: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1359.../music.vag

Cant find a way to make a mono atrac3 file or an atrac3+ file yet. I also dont know what you mean by a VAG file with and without loops.
06-09-2013, 06:26 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 06:29 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
1. There are VAGs without loop points (using SSCF) header on Final Fantasy Type 0 if you want I could pick one file, they are the in-fight voices.
2. There are VAGs with loop points on Tekken 5 Dark Ressurection which are files of the game music. I doubt you will find really short VAG files, The shortest one I came across was 1:10.
3. There are ATRAC3 mono files on Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. They vary in content but the dialogs are always ATRAC3 mono, pretty short.
4. There are ATRAC3 stereo files in Dissidia Final Fantasy. The fanfares and the game's music though is the shortest thing you'll find. Also note that all gameboot audio files are ATRAC3 stereo.
5. There are ATRAC3+ mono files in Fate Extra CCC, they are basicaly the voices and some SFX.
6. ATRAC3+ stereo is like everywhere Tongue
7. Are there really PSMFs without audio?
8. Doubt that there are PSMFs with mono ATRAC3+ audio.
9. Most game intros are PSFMs with ATRAC3+ stereo audio. I bet I could find some.

I think that Goldwave can handle natively ATRAC3 stereo/mono, SonicStage ATRAC3+ stereo, MFAudio 1.1 converts PCM to VAG and there's the ATRAC3+ mono encoder in recent versions of the official PS3 SDK (sorry no substitute on that).
06-09-2013, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 06:53 PM by [Unknown].)
BubblegumBalloon, thanks, I'll use those soon. Sounds nice btw, I like 8-bit stuff.

VIRGIN KLM, the trouble is, I have some of these samples from games already, but I can't check those into pspautotests and have automated unit tests for them. I'd like to put out tests so oioitff, gid15, hrydgard, and others can benefit from them as well.

There are definitely PSMFs without audio: some of Lunar's intro videos (XSEED logo etc.) have no audio.

I can't use any leaked utilities (ps3 sdk, etc. not that I have them either) to generate these because that "poisons" the files and means I can't redistribute them still anyway.

-[Unknown]
06-09-2013, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 07:31 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
No problem. Heres the track in atrac3+ (stereo) format. I converted it in sonic stage.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1359.../music.oma

So it looks like all we need now is:

* A short ATRAC3 mono sample
* A short ATRAC3+ mono sample
* A short PSMF video without an audio track
* A short PSMF video with ATRAC3+ mono audio
* A short PSMF video with ATRAC3+ stereo audio
* A longer (minutes) PSMF video with ATRAC3+ stereo audio

I will look into how to convert a video to PSMF. cant find anything... Sony and their silly proprietary formats...
06-09-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 07:38 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(06-09-2013 06:53 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  VIRGIN KLM, the trouble is, I have some of these samples from games already, but I can't check those into pspautotests and have automated unit tests for them. I'd like to put out tests so oioitff, gid15, hrydgard, and others can benefit from them as well.

There are definitely PSMFs without audio: some of Lunar's intro videos (XSEED logo etc.) have no audio.

I can't use any leaked utilities (ps3 sdk, etc. not that I have them either) to generate these because that "poisons" the files and means I can't redistribute them still anyway.

-[Unknown]

Then you are out of luck for the case of PCM -> ATRAC3+ mono, there's no other tool that does the conversion.

For VAG, ATRAC3 mono/stereo and ATRAC3+ stereo though I tested all of the tools that I listed.

Technicaly you could mux a PSMF video file without an audio stream.
The issue though is that those files get generated with an encoder that is provided by Sony. That means that some bugs may be related to how the Sony encoder encodes the data that can't get reproduced with any other encoder. (Both Audio and Video cases) So if you encode ATRAC3 with Goldwave or put an AVC steam on a PSMF file that in encoded with DivX let's say it could turn different results from the ones that are encoded using Sony's tools which would make debugging a wild goose hunting.
06-09-2013, 07:35 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2013 07:35 PM by BubblegumBalloon.)
Just fyi I used something called Awave Studio to get my VAG files. It can only output in stereo though.