Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tracing functionality
06-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Tracing functionality
Are there any plans to implement code tracing functionality into PPSSPP at any point in the future, like PCSXTrace and other emulators have for other platforms?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2013, 06:05 PM
RE: Tracing functionality
No plans, but who knows, someone might do it.
06-06-2013, 08:25 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2013 08:25 PM by Afinda.)
(06-06-2013 06:05 PM)Henrik Wrote:  No plans, but who knows, someone might do it.

Should be pretty much Possible for anyone who can "read" and "understand" the code i'd say. Though that'd be quite an exclusive build since more code has to be run for the already existing instructions (dumping what code has been executed on which call/ arguments along that) slowing down the emulation.
06-08-2013, 01:17 AM
(06-06-2013 08:25 PM)Afinda Wrote:  
(06-06-2013 06:05 PM)Henrik Wrote:  No plans, but who knows, someone might do it.

Should be pretty much Possible for anyone who can "read" and "understand" the code i'd say. Though that'd be quite an exclusive build since more code has to be run for the already existing instructions (dumping what code has been executed on which call/ arguments along that) slowing down the emulation.

Actually a code tracer would not slow down emulation at all as long as it is not used for graphics or audio code.
06-08-2013, 02:55 AM
Running a debug build and saving to a log basically almost is tracing, although we have some ops disable logging on purpose since they're too noisy or slow to log that often.

But I'm not really familiar with what PCSXTrace does.

-[Unknown]