Thread Rating:
  • 23 Votes - 4.17 Average
PPSSPP Symbian Port
03-09-2013, 01:08 PM
RE: PPSSPP Symbian Port
Since 0.6.3 can't play Obscure on my N8 (can't get ingame, only menu). As far as I know this is the problem in all N8 owners. Can you fix it????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 05:46 PM by laugher.)
i included screenshots here is the error
18:02:44: Running build steps for project PPSSPPQt...
18:02:44: Starting: "c:\nokia\devices\nokia_symbian_belle_sdk_v1.0\epoc32\tools\qmake.exe" C:\Users\S.Hashem\Documents\GitHub\ppsspp\Qt\PPSSPPQt.pro -r -spec default -after "OBJECTS_DIR=obj" "MOC_DIR=moc" "UI_DIR=ui" "RCC_DIR=rcc" -after "OBJECTS_DIR=obj" "MOC_DIR=moc" "UI_DIR=ui" "RCC_DIR=rcc"
Reading C:/Users/S.Hashem/Documents/GitHub/ppsspp/Qt/Native.pro
Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!
Reading C:/Users/S.Hashem/Documents/GitHub/ppsspp/Qt/Core.pro
Reading C:/Users/S.Hashem/Documents/GitHub/ppsspp/Qt/Common.pro
Reading C:/Users/S.Hashem/Documents/GitHub/ppsspp/Qt/PPSSPP.pro
Warning: No HW compilers detected. Please install either GCCE or RVCT compiler to enable release builds.
Warning: No valid release platforms in SYMBIAN_PLATFORMS (WINSCW GCCE ARMV5 ARMV6)
Most likely required compiler(s) are not properly installed.
WARNING: Failure to find: ..\git-version.cpp
Warning: No valid release platforms in SYMBIAN_PLATFORMS (WINSCW GCCE ARMV5 ARMV6)
18:02:45: The process "c:\nokia\devices\nokia_symbian_belle_sdk_v1.0\epoc32\tools\qmake.exe" exited normally.
18:02:45: Starting: "C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\make.exe" debug-gcce -w
make.exe: Entering directory `C:/Users/S.Hashem/Documents/GitHub/ppsspp/Qt'
make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/Users/S.Hashem/Documents/GitHub/ppsspp/Qt'
make.exe: *** No rule to make target `debug-gcce'. Stop.
18:02:45: The process "C:\Nokia\devices\Nokia_Symbian_Belle_SDK_v1.0\epoc32\tools\make.exe" exited with code 2.
Error while building project PPSSPPQt (target: Symbian Device)
When executing build step 'Make'

btw i have a game called shinobido and i get black screen when i run it on windows, i played with the menu and a menu appeared and i skipped the black screen and got the game working!!! I saved a save state and closed the emu and by loading the state i can run the game so i moved the savestate to my 808 pureview but when i run the game i dont get a single frame i cant click menu to load the state and i cant close the emu and the phone stops responding and i have to shut it down and restart(the phone) any idea how i can run the savestate from the phone? On windows you can load savestate even if you dont have a single frame but on my phone i must have a frame to click buttons or open the menu

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-09-2013, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2013 09:15 PM by xsacha.)
laugher: Your settings look quite messed up. I'll give you some screenshots of what it should look like:

Basically, you should have GCCE 4.6.3 that is mentioned in the README.md. To add this compiler, you need to select Add->GCCE in the Toolchains.
Then find the arm-none-symbianelf-gcc.exe.

It should identify as GCCE 4.6.3. Then use that for your project.

By the way, if you can't play a game or get black screens, the same thing is likely happening on Android. It might be fixed in the next version. Also, buffered rendering = off should be higher quality (because it renders at 640x360). Whereas, when buffered rendering is on it will render at 480x272. Unless you mean you were using 2x. 2x is quite glitchy and I would not recommend.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

03-10-2013, 12:16 PM
when playing dragon ball evolution buffered rendering gives higher quality text and pics its very noticeable especially when you start the game
03-11-2013, 01:06 AM
Is that using 2x resolution mode?
03-11-2013, 04:43 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 04:45 AM by MaximumLSD.)
xsacha Wrote:Here is a quick update for Symbian to add support for accelerometer, bug fixes and compatibility improvements.

http://www.qtness.com/PPSSPP-0.6.8.sis

http://www.qtness.com/blog/?p=181
03-11-2013, 07:48 AM
(03-11-2013 04:43 AM)MaximumLSD Wrote:  
xsacha Wrote:Here is a quick update for Symbian to add support for accelerometer, bug fixes and compatibility improvements.

http://www.qtness.com/PPSSPP-0.6.8.sis

http://www.qtness.com/blog/?p=181

Still a big problems with Obscure. Still only on Nokia N8 (others s^3 works good)
03-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Nokia N8 has low VRAM (32MB). What problems are you getting?
03-11-2013, 11:14 AM
(03-11-2013 07:52 AM)xsacha Wrote:  Nokia N8 has low VRAM (32MB). What problems are you getting?

everything is good while its a menu. But I cant get in game, there is only black screen and I allways need to reboot the phone to get out from emulator. N8 users got thise problems since 0.6.3.
And one more, with 0.6.8 I can't load Obscure even to it's menu, can't play other games if buffering/rendering is on
03-11-2013, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 11:30 AM by xsacha.)
(03-11-2013 11:14 AM)izvergart Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 07:52 AM)xsacha Wrote:  Nokia N8 has low VRAM (32MB). What problems are you getting?
But I cant get in game, there is only black screen and I allways need to reboot the phone to get out from emulator. N8 users got thise problems since 0.6.3.

Hmm, my primary phone for development is N8 (because it's the weaker version). I also have an 808. Haven't noticed any differences except for games that use a lot of VRAM like Jetpack Joyride. I've never needed to reboot the phone either, just go to multitasking menu and close it down.

Is this happening for every game on your N8?

Obscure not loading on v0.6.8 is probably something Android users are experiencing too (since it's same code). Might be fixed by v0.7 hopefully.
03-11-2013, 12:49 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 12:56 PM by izvergart.)
(03-11-2013 11:28 AM)xsacha Wrote:  
(03-11-2013 11:14 AM)izvergart Wrote:  
But I cant get in game, there is only black screen and I allways need to reboot the phone to get out from emulator. N8 users got thise problems since 0.6.3.

Hmm, my primary phone for development is N8 (because it's the weaker version). I also have an 808. Haven't noticed any differences except for games that use a lot of VRAM like Jetpack Joyride. I've never needed to reboot the phone either, just go to multitasking menu and close it down.

Is this happening for every game on your N8?

Obscure not loading on v0.6.8 is probably something Android users are experiencing too (since it's same code). Might be fixed by v0.7 hopefully.

in 0.6.8 I can't play any game if the buffering/rendering is used (on).
About obscure: every N8 owner I know have sutch a problem (I'm the moderator of ppsspp symbian forum on one of the russian website) while 808 and even c6-01 users reports that can play it with 25-40 fps

One of our russian ppsspp users has made a skins for controlls. We will be glad if you'll use it in your future ports.

Attached File(s)
.zip  ppsspp_controls.zip (Size: 137.99 KB / Downloads: 354)
03-11-2013, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 02:08 PM by xsacha.)
(03-11-2013 12:49 PM)izvergart Wrote:  in 0.6.8 I can't play any game if the buffering/rendering is used (on).
About obscure: every N8 owner I know have sutch a problem (I'm the moderator of ppsspp symbian forum on one of the russian website) while 808 and even c6-01 users reports that can play it with 25-40 fps

C6-01 has same hardware as N8. Doesn't sound right!
Are they both using Belle Refresh?
03-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Amazing improvement!!! I only test quickly Metal Slug XX and Castlevania The Dracula X Chronicles and both works with decent speed (without sound). But both have graphical issues. I'll try to test them deeper and test another game and I write the results Smile

By the way, I have a N8 with belle refresh.
03-11-2013, 02:48 PM
skate park city works, 4-5 fps.
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM
wipeout graphics used to be near perfect in old versions, now the track is showing very bright white glow. and not very visible since last few versions