Thread Rating:
  • 23 Votes - 4.17 Average
PPSSPP Symbian Port
10-05-2013, 04:13 PM
RE: PPSSPP Symbian Port
Xsacha pls do thisSmile dont think it is hack or whatelse. i cant do this myself. We wont say anythink to hynrik.He cant sense anythink.
Its a joke
But can you talk hynrik for the buttons?
Sorry for my bad english
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2013, 12:01 AM
(10-05-2013 04:13 PM)forevertr3 Wrote:  Xsacha pls do thisSmile dont think it is hack or whatelse. i cant do this myself. We wont say anythink to hynrik.He cant sense anythink.
Its a joke
But can you talk hynrik for the buttons?
Sorry for my bad english

Henrik cant do anything about it (All buttons already work on Android)
it is only related to our symbian devices

Phone: Nokia 701 FP2
Intel Core i5-3337U | 4GB RAM | 2GB AMD Radeon HD 8730M | Windows 8.1 x64
10-08-2013, 06:15 AM
with the 9.1 (1554) built some game not started and give error: "Modules cant loaded"
sorry for my bad english
10-09-2013, 05:22 PM
the builds are down again ? well I have some questions Smile I saw this thread and I was thinking,maybe it runs on symbian too..I've tried GeMP Pokemon Crystal and 30 fps is all that I could get,so it's not really playable(sometimes is crashing too)..and DaedalusX64 when the roam is loading is crashing..so will they work in a future release(any chance?) or there is a config right now for them?I know that there is a GBC emulator for symbian but the buttons are awfull..waiting for an answer Smile
10-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Hy people!

Im very noobie about emulators, so forgive my lame questions and bad english. I have a big problem. I have nokia n 8 belle, and the latest ppsspp and it wont run. There are 3 possibilites:
1. Black screen.
2. The gmae starts but stucks at the loading screen.
3. The game starts, pass the loading screen but runs only with a few fps.
I changed nothing on the settings and the game is compatible whit it (red the thread). Is there a major settings list on N8? I red all the topics but i cant get along with it. Thanks a lot!!
10-11-2013, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2013 03:46 PM by nguenht.)
(10-11-2013 11:53 AM)CaptainCarnage Wrote:  Hy people!

Im very noobie about emulators, so forgive my lame questions and bad english. I have a big problem. I have nokia n 8 belle, and the latest ppsspp and it wont run. There are 3 possibilites:
1. Black screen.
2. The gmae starts but stucks at the loading screen.
3. The game starts, pass the loading screen but runs only with a few fps.
I changed nothing on the settings and the game is compatible whit it (red the thread). Is there a major settings list on N8? I red all the topics but i cant get along with it. Thanks a lot!!

first af all, make sure you have Dynarec turned on < that's the most important thing here
i also turn on Fast memory (sometimes causes games to crash), Hardware transform and Mipmapping
Vertex cache helps to run games a little bit faster but in later versions some games crash because of it
it is believed that changing CPU Clock to somewhere around 42 will also increase the games' performance

thanks Henrik for ppsspp and xsacha for porting it to symbian!
10-11-2013, 05:15 PM
nope, dosent work. Always crashes. If i turn off all excepte dynarec it works but with only 3-5 fps im tried to play with the settings but nothing changed.
10-11-2013, 05:45 PM
the only thing i can tell you is to wait for a better version of ppsspp or try other games :c

10-11-2013, 06:44 PM
im going to wait. Its looks awesome when it loads.
10-12-2013, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2013 03:53 AM by xsacha.)
(10-11-2013 05:15 PM)CaptainCarnage Wrote:  nope, dosent work. Always crashes. If i turn off all excepte dynarec it works but with only 3-5 fps im tried to play with the settings but nothing changed.

Interesting! Sounds like a JIT bug if it works without Dynarec on.
Which game(s)?

If it's a JIT bug as it looks like it is, the same will happen on all phones (All Symbian, Android, Blackberry, iOS).
10-12-2013, 12:16 PM
(10-12-2013 03:53 AM)xsacha Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 05:15 PM)CaptainCarnage Wrote:  nope, dosent work. Always crashes. If i turn off all excepte dynarec it works but with only 3-5 fps im tried to play with the settings but nothing changed.

Which game(s)?

but Cap said he turned off everything except Dynarec Sad

10-12-2013, 06:07 PM
There is also some games it works with green screen when you start playing.
10-13-2013, 04:03 AM
(10-12-2013 12:16 PM)nguenht Wrote:  
(10-12-2013 03:53 AM)xsacha Wrote:  

Which game(s)?

but Cap said he turned off everything except Dynarec Sad

Oh, so which setting does he turn off that makes it works? Process of elimination.

Thanks
10-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Quote:I have tried to port a PSX emulator but the JIT is not written in a very friendly way for Symbian. It's easier for me to port Wii (Dolphin).
Do you have any intention to port it ? Smile about ppsspp, will sound work in the future ? and could you add Romanian to LowMem ? And psx eboots don't work with ppsspp ? I've tried Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and it's runnig but it only shows blacksreen
10-13-2013, 10:31 AM
im here. Sorry for my late, usualy i dont use internet at weekend, i think we are too addicted to itSmile So, i use the basic settings what it gives to me after install, but i turn on Jit and force 60 fps and sometimes hardwer transform with non buffered renderig. If i turn off these or turn on something else its crashes. I tested on tenchu shadow assassin -i think thats the right name- and if its load the game its looks awesome, but runs only 3 fps. The main menu runs with 16. I downloaded the cube.elf and it runs correctly. Im tried daxter and genesis collection and silent hill but its crashes or wont go further from main menu.