Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Android] Wiimote analog stick?
06-02-2013, 03:53 PM
[Android] Wiimote analog stick?
Hi everyone, I've been searching in this forum for a while, didn't find what I was looking for... I use PPSSPP on my Samsung GS3, games are mostly playable, but recently I configured a wiimote with a Classic Controller. Every emulator works fine, except for this: every button is correctly mapped, but I don't know howto map the analog stick... Am I stupid or for now there's no way to do so? Thanks everyone!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2013, 04:05 PM
RE: [Android] Wiimote analog stick?
I thought you can´t use wii controllers on Android > 4.1.2 ?!?
06-02-2013, 04:18 PM
(06-02-2013 04:05 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  I thought you can´t use wii controllers on Android > 4.1.2 ?!?

Really? Never heard of this... it works perfectly with everything, even with Android games.
06-02-2013, 04:24 PM
So which app do you use? it may be caused by that...
06-02-2013, 05:05 PM
(06-02-2013 04:24 PM)Apology11 Wrote:  So which app do you use? it may be caused by that...

I use Wiimote Controller. It works fine with every emulator, i think the main problem is that PPSSPP doesn't have a mapping system... i did it from the controller's app and mapped every button, they work, but i don't know which button I have to assign to the stick... i tried WASD but it doesn't work :/
06-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Hey, I've been dealing with that issue quite a while now.
That's how far I got:
With Wiimote Controller App you won't have a way to map the analog stick. I just got it working a few mins ago (more or less....) with GameKeyboard app.
You have to connect your Wii Mote to your phone using Bluez IME app (+HID enabler http://code.google.com/p/android-bluez-i...ads/list). Therefor u have to open Gamekeyboard and press 1+2 on your wii mote while Bluetooth controller is enabled in programm settings.
http://pinballarcadefans.com/archive/ind...t-566.html
This thread describes it pretty well.

Afterwards you can configure the touch emulation and fit it to ppsspp onscreen controls.
I just tried it out playing MHFU and well....it's working so far.
It all works after quite a bit of time but as my screen (GS3) only recognizes max 2 touch events at a time the same counts for your emulated touch events using the wii mote.
So I can walk (touching the controllstick) and hold the sprint key at onie time but not move the camera while doing so for instance.

About the bluetooth not working on samsung topic:
I heard 4.2.2 is the first ROM that will cause trouble (for instance with wiimote controller app) because Samsung chose to limit and change bluetooth function. But I never had any problems on 4.1.2 so far.

Sorry for my language - I'm pretty tired atm.

GT-I9300 | rooted | stock international 4.1.2 | overclocked on SiyahKernel s3-v1.9.1 (1,6 GHZ)|
06-02-2013, 06:38 PM
I thank you very much for you help, but I can't do it... yes, it's my fault, there's too many options and I'm not so clever, first time doing anything like this Undecided i think I have to discover myself on WiimoteController which letter/button corresponds to the left stick, or just wait for an update that will solve the question.
06-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Well as I said, it is impossible to get it working with Wiimote Controller app even if you tried out every single button.
But I agree - waiting for an update that implements key mapping within PPSSPP itself is probably the only way to get Wiimote & Nunchuk work neatly and comfortably ; )

GT-I9300 | rooted | stock international 4.1.2 | overclocked on SiyahKernel s3-v1.9.1 (1,6 GHZ)|