Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I added iCade support to the iOS Build
05-31-2013, 01:40 AM
I added iCade support to the iOS Build
I've added in iCade support for the iOS build. I have an iCade 8-bitty that I used to test with on both an iPad 3 and iPhone 5. I've mapped the four buttons like so:

[] /\
X O

Double-pressing the Select button within 1 second will switch the DPad between normal DPad operation and simulating the Analog Stick (so you can navigate menus, then switch to driving a car, eg.).

I don't have one of the bigger iCade cabinets to test with, but I believe the buttons would be mapped like this:

L R [] /\
Select Start X O

Supposedly the Gametel controller emulates an iCade controller, and the iControlPad controller can emulate an iCade controller too, so those might work as well, though the buttons may be mapped wrong.

Anyway, the pull request is on github. Let me know if I need to do anything else.

Jake
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 06:16 AM
RE: I added iCade support to the iOS Build
Great work thx i will tested i hope that its not create conflict with touch control .
05-31-2013, 06:09 PM
Looks like this got merged in. Thanks!
05-31-2013, 06:26 PM
How do you guys know it got merged? Where do you download your ppsspp build for ios
??
05-31-2013, 06:30 PM
Well, GitHub shows that it was merged. I think angelXwin provides builds but I don't know if it's up to date.

-[Unknown]
05-31-2013, 09:55 PM
(05-31-2013 06:30 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Well, GitHub shows that it was merged. I think angelXwin provides builds but I don't know if it's up to date.

-[Unknown]

thx 4 the reply.angelxwind repo is not up to date
06-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Would Classic Controller (Wii) support be possible? Emulators like Snes9x EX+ have it. Blutrol only has support for the Wiimote alone, and it doesn't have even enough buttons.
06-02-2013, 01:48 AM
Well, the similarities between a Wiimote and the iCade remote end at the fact that they both use bluetooth. The iCade simply emulates a keyboard and sends keystrokes when you press the buttons. Implementing it is fairly easy/straightforward. Supporting a Wiimote or any plug-in peripherals to a Wiimote takes much, much more. On the other hand, there's probably some decent open source libraries out there for reading input from a Wiimote, so if you do any development yourself, you could look into it and try to implement it. If you find a decent framework that provides you with some callbacks for buttons pressed, it's fairly easy to integrate them into the ppsspp sources.

HTH
06-02-2013, 07:28 PM
FYI, angelXwind's cydia repo now has a version with the iCade support in
06-02-2013, 08:31 PM
Sadly, I'm not a developer. I only know some things in C and Lua Sad
BTstack has support for Wiimote and Classic Controller, but the implementation in the app would be required as well. http://code.google.com/p/btstack/
IDK how to do it though.
06-03-2013, 02:20 AM
I dloaded the one from angelxwind(1049) still i dont see icade support
06-03-2013, 12:40 PM
It doesnt work well.
06-03-2013, 06:32 PM
(06-02-2013 08:31 PM)VaroFN Wrote:  Sadly, I'm not a developer. I only know some things in C and Lua Sad
BTstack has support for Wiimote and Classic Controller, but the implementation in the app would be required as well. http://code.google.com/p/btstack/
IDK how to do it though.

I've known about btstack for a while, but never looked at it until now. Yes, it can (and probably would be) used to connect a wiimote to PPSSPP, however, it doesn't have any wiimote specific support in it. In other words, it would allow you to connect to the wiimote, but that's it. You still have to know how to talk to it to get any useful information out of it. There may still be other open source libraries out there that have already done all the work, though. If not, it would all need to be hand coded. I might be more persuaded to work on it if I actually had a classic controller to test with.

The guy that wrote btstack also has a jailbreak app called blutrol which lets you map on screen controls to physical buttons on your controllers. It works with the wiimote and even a PS3 controller. Unfortunately, it's not free ($7), and since it's not something actually built into PPSSPP, it may or may not work well. But, it's an option that's out there.
06-04-2013, 08:38 PM
(06-03-2013 06:32 PM)jtraynham Wrote:  I've known about btstack for a while, but never looked at it until now. Yes, it can (and probably would be) used to connect a wiimote to PPSSPP, however, it doesn't have any wiimote specific support in it. In other words, it would allow you to connect to the wiimote, but that's it. You still have to know how to talk to it to get any useful information out of it. There may still be other open source libraries out there that have already done all the work, though. If not, it would all need to be hand coded. I might be more persuaded to work on it if I actually had a classic controller to test with.

The guy that wrote btstack also has a jailbreak app called blutrol which lets you map on screen controls to physical buttons on your controllers. It works with the wiimote and even a PS3 controller. Unfortunately, it's not free ($7), and since it's not something actually built into PPSSPP, it may or may not work well. But, it's an option that's out there.

I see... Well, it seems I'll have to wait some time to see it supported. I can't find the source code for adding classic controller support. I'll try to talk with some devs who gave support for that controller to their games.
Anyway, as far as I know, blutrol has support for the wiimote, but not for the classic controller. The wiimote doesn't even have enough buttons Sad
05-20-2018, 12:37 PM
Hi i need help for my ipega 9021 i cant seem to map my icade to my ppsspp why is that? Im using iphone 6 ios 10.2.1