Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Request] Help -> Update
05-30-2013, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 05-30-2013 04:11 PM by Afinda.)
[Request] Help -> Update
Basicly an Feature that eliminates going to the automatic buildbot site for most recent dev-updates. Should accumulate the latest 5 revisions update notes and link to the Buildbot Site.(AND/OR any builds from the latest Build to the last Build before (Thus including changes for <NO BUILD> changes))

Info could be something like:

"Help -> Update: Check the Buildbot for the recent Version"

"New build found: vx.x.x-yyy-zzzzzzzz(current: vx.x.x-yyy-zzzzzzzz)"-> "Changelog (Merge/Change notes)" -> "Update <Y/N>?"

"Since this is a developement build there is a chance of features which had full compability to have reduced or non compability. PPSSPP is subject to change and therefor cannot guarantee full support with ongoing developer builds. If you want the best compability it is highly recommended to get the latest stable build at <URL>."

This would require:

Checking Buildbot for latest revision (Ver > CurVer)
Browsing/Download Capabilitys (Browse to Buildbot -> Download File Temp)
Extraction Process(rar)
Update File, best served along with MD5(Ver > CurVer?)
Patching of changed files (Overwrite Y/N?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: [Request] Help -> Update
Rather than overwritting previous I wish it could "clear data/cache-uninstall-install new version".Is that possible?
05-31-2013, 09:50 AM
(05-31-2013 09:24 AM)livisor Wrote:  Rather than overwritting previous I wish it could "clear data/cache-uninstall-install new version".Is that possible?

Wouldn't that mean resetting the settings every time?
05-31-2013, 10:24 AM
Yeah it might mean that,but atm you have to change settings between games anyway to achieve best results.The thing is that a lot of users have experienced speedups after clearing cache of app.
06-02-2013, 10:01 AM
hey guyz i am a newbie n i do not know where to trobuleshoot so i hope if i post here someone will discover my post n i am using samsung glaxay s3 (^^^)so what i want to troubleshoot is that i found out when i am using ppsspp to play games,after a while i decided to lock my phone as i wanted to rest ,after that when i unlock my phone,i found that my whole game got stuck and after that the app juz force close so i hope in the future updates u will fix this problem thanks