Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.83 Average
So I just wrote an atrac3+ frame decode library (2013-06-03)
06-04-2013, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2013 02:36 PM by Poo-Tang.)
RE: So I just wrote an atrac3+ frame decode library (2013-06-03)
(06-04-2013 01:05 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  For Android please.

+1

Seams silly that only people that can build it can use it when 98% of uses who cant build / dont know how, can't. I would of thought adding the option to use it in PPSSPP there would be a way to download the plugin (even if nobody knows if legit/legal).

As i said before there should be a link (Plugins button) from the options in the emulator redirecting people to a dedicated sticky thread maintained by the PPSSPP developers (The other thread in general has the idea but its very basic and is really only for the windows build). In that thread they would explain in detail that nobody knows how legal the plugin is (PPSSPP disclaimer), what it does, how it does it, credits to ryuukazenomai, original source code link, instructions for people that are new to it, maybe downloads of ready made plugins for each platform or at worst detailed simple info on how to build each plugin (.so or .dll) for noobs, etc, etc.

Its not like this plugin is very accessible for searching the net (E.G like if wanted a PSX bio, At3tool.exe, etc like other non legit/frowned apon items). Its a very very specific item (That as far as i know only used for this emulator so far).

EDIT - If PPSSPP (the team and project) really did not want anything (100%) to do with the code written in the MaiAT3Plus decoder project you could make a basic legal coded autobuilder.exe that would be able to download the original source direct from Sorgeforge then pop out a compatible plugin (Android/Windows/Other) thus meaning no code would be used/hosted at all by PPSSPP project, website, forum or the developers. (Just an idea option)
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: So I just wrote an atrac3+ frame decode library (2013-06-03) - Poo-Tang - 06-04-2013 01:51 PM