Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will be resizable windows or fullscreen a feature in the SDL version somewhen?
05-27-2013, 03:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 04:56 AM by Iljalicious.)
Question Will be resizable windows or fullscreen a feature in the SDL version somewhen?
Hellow !

Uhm, after I get PPSSPPQt to work, I still use the SDL-version because it's
working much faster, and without graphical-bugs...and nicer..and without sound delay..and because of some other things <.<

For now I'm using 'semi-fullscreen' with the in-window-zoom, but thats not always the best solution.

So I got that question for you developer.

Will we be able in the near future to make windows bigger or get fullscreen in Linux?

ThinkPad T420s | 4GB RAM | 160GB SSD
Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz | Intel® Sandybridge Mobile
ubuntu 13.04 64Bit | Planning to install Windows 7 Professional 64Bit for dualboot
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 07:22 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2013 07:23 AM by xsacha.)
RE: Will be resizable windows or fullscreen a feature in the SDL version somewhen?
There shouldn't be any issues with the Qt version. They run the same code.
Perhaps you are using different settings in the Qt version.

The Qt one can do everything the SDL one can.
05-27-2013, 08:13 AM
RE: Will be resizable windows or fullscreen a feature in the SDL version somewhen?
I thought so too.
But, I use the same settings - but the Qt-version crashes really often for me, I really dont know why.
And the 3D-models of the characters are missing in every game.
Sound is laggy and delayed (and does not sound as well as in SDL).
It could be a hardware problem, but I'm not sure.
I have a ThinkPad T420s with an Intel® Core™ i5-2520M CPU and Intel® Sandybridge Mobile.
Monster Hunter runs fine on the SDL-Version, but crashes instantly on Qt, same for Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep.

ubuntu 13.04 64Bit | Planning to install Windows 7 Professional 64Bit for dualboot
05-27-2013, 11:19 AM
(05-27-2013 08:13 AM)Iljalicious Wrote:  I thought so too.
But, I use the same settings - but the Qt-version crashes really often for me, I really dont know why.
And the 3D-models of the characters are missing in every game.
Sound is laggy and delayed (and does not sound as well as in SDL).

Best solution is probably to fix the Qt one.
05-27-2013, 11:46 AM
I can try that.
I update both versions every day(...several time, because I always want the newest)
Grml...I hope I can really fix the Qt-version :/

05-28-2013, 07:57 AM
I hope I dont get hit by someone for doubleposting <.<'

After updating today, the Qt-version works but..

The sound ist still delayed and laggish.
But it doesnt crash anymore, and the 3D character-models arent invisible anymore :3

One problem is still there..
I cannot activate Hardware Transform or the emulator crashes directly after it want to load 3D graphics >_>

05-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Sound probably needs to be handled better. Qt and SDL both use same system backends for audio. Probably using different timing or lengths.