Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
Online Support (PRO Online)
11-27-2013, 09:40 PM
RE: Online Support (PRO Online)
We need someone else in tunngle with Monster Hunter 3rd HD to test.
Find all posts by this user
11-27-2013, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 10:02 PM by betrayedAngel.)
ahh... what a pity,... only 64bit users could have the fun Sad

downloaded latest ppsspp from orphis :
and I got this error when entering guildhall on MHFU.
and I got this error too when loading God Eater Burst iso <<--- I suspect from when first time GEB loading ISO, it will check for wlan and then make ppsspp crashed >.<

[Image: jScNb4ozQBLT2.jpg]

=========================================
=========================================

well, let's ignore buildbot build for 32bit user, lets skipped to captainobvious build for 32bit users :

[/quote]

I have uploaded in this file 2 copies of PPSSPP 32 bit, each with their own hardcoded MAC adress. Adhoc tested and working on local play. I have not tested Monster Hunter, for all I know that game might not work.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/y5hukg
[/quote]

somehow it has ability to run adhoc on 32bit,
only one thing is bugging me why it doesnt support for changing the MAC address for each PPSSPP?

[Image: jbH8aYRWS6xVs.jpg]

tested on GEB,
I could see my other PC coming to lobby, but because of we have the same MAC address we couldnt see each other on the game.
>.<

well, that's it.

-my outdated testing rig-
Intel Core2Quad [email protected]
Shappire HD7750 1GB DDR5

contact me at:
[email protected]
facebook.com/love.grimangel
11-27-2013, 09:54 PM
ok hamachi (mostly) works but we get a long loading screen then we are kicked to different groups, can someone more experienced help with this?

Godammit ross
11-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Someone joined me, but i was alone after starting a quest. But i don't know what happened with the other person though lol. He probably was alone too like we were.
11-27-2013, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 10:35 PM by nightmesh.)
Okay we just tested Monster Hunter 3rd with tunngle and it does the same as hamachi. Endless loading screen. Now we did learn something in our testing. If you use your public ip address(Just use http://whatismyipaddress.com/ to find it.) you don't need tunngle or hamachi.

I think I should be clear. The person hosting the server should tell the people joining to use his public Ip address so they can join his computer across the web. I think someone else was trying to tell me about this but they worded it poorly and I didn't understand them.

Tidbit info: If you have a router every device that connects to it get assigned a private IP address to separate connections. Those address are for your WLAN and LAN only. Public address are what your router uses to connect to the internet. No one public address is the same. This is why you can use it for your server address and not worry.

(11-27-2013 09:44 PM)betrayedAngel Wrote:  tested on GEB,
I could see my other PC coming to lobby, but because of we have the same MAC address we couldnt see each other on the game.
>.<

well, that's it.
Two emulators connecting on the same pc wont work as of now.
11-27-2013, 11:34 PM
Alright, earlier I was asked to post the logs about the third player disconnecting in MHP3rd on my end.
http://imgur.com/iwIWbsf,nOJz1WS,AhCaBjD
First image was joining the guild hall, second was after quest departure(It loops/restarts those lines like that for a long time) then gets to the third image and the game tells me I broke off from the group.
11-27-2013, 11:48 PM
(11-27-2013 10:26 PM)nightmesh Wrote:  Okay we just tested Monster Hunter 3rd with tunngle and it does the same as hamachi. Endless loading screen. Now we did learn something in our testing. If you use your public ip address(Just use http://whatismyipaddress.com/ to find it.) you don't need tunngle or hamachi.

I think I should be clear. The person hosting the server should tell the people joining to use his public Ip address so they can join his computer across the web. I think someone else was trying to tell me about this but they worded it poorly and I didn't understand them.

Tidbit info: If you have a router every device that connects to it get assigned a private IP address to separate connections. Those address are for your WLAN and LAN only. Public address are what your router uses to connect to the internet. No one public address is the same. This is why you can use it for your server address and not worry.

(11-27-2013 09:44 PM)betrayedAngel Wrote:  tested on GEB,
>.<

well, that's it.
Two emulators connecting on the same pc wont work as of now.

I already know that connecting 2 emus on the same PC is impossible.

What I did is not connecting 2 emus on the same PC,
I did connecting 2 emu on My PC and my Bro's PC via LAN, my PC act as server and my bro's PC is the client and unfortunately our PPSSPP have the same MAC address that couldnt be changed (obviously there is no MAC address data on ppsspp.ini).

#FYI : I tried on ppsspp 32bit http://www.sendspace.com/file/y5hukg uploaded by captainobvious

Shappire HD7750 1GB DDR5

contact me at:
[email protected]
11-27-2013, 11:53 PM
Hi everyone, for the 32 bits thing, it's either a build without mac being able to change, or mac being able to change, but no online, so looks like it's my Mac address changing that has a problem with 32 bits, i'll stick a issue on github, but for now it IS broken.
Although now that everything is official, i'll start a new thread with only important infos for beginners Smile

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
11-28-2013, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 12:29 AM by Raimoo.)
(11-27-2013 11:53 PM)Kyhel Wrote:  Hi everyone, for the 32 bits thing, it's either a build without mac being able to change, or mac being able to change, but no online, so looks like it's my Mac address changing that has a problem with 32 bits, i'll stick a issue on github, but for now it IS broken.
Although now that everything is official, i'll start a new thread with only important infos for beginners Smile

Oh about that 32bit build stuff.... using the "broken" 32build you posted earlier, i change Proserveradhoc to pro.colbird.uk.to and MAC address to my own PC MAC address.... i manage to get into MHFU omline guild hall at least

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
11-28-2013, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 12:41 AM by Kyhel.)
@RaimooOh, so maybe the problem is in the server build i used ? Oo
Strange, since i didn't change much of the code for the windows version, i'm going to see if it works with my original build without any change from aemu code on my mac.
EDIT : I've just tested 32bits build from buildbot with coldbird.uk.to, or my local server, it crashes for both, so the problem is from the code.

I've started a new thread, now sticked, that you can find here, where i think everyone is going to head now Smile

Kyhel,
French Student

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
11-28-2013, 01:17 AM
(11-28-2013 12:35 AM)Kyhel Wrote:  @RaimooOh, so maybe the problem is in the server build i used ? Oo

nope, I think your server build has no problem.

have you ever tried this build? >> http://www.sendspace.com/file/y5hukg
this ppsspp 32bit build can go trough AdHocServer.exe beautifully as seen on my SS posted before.

you can check on my attachment to prove that your server build is fine (I think)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Shappire HD7750 1GB DDR5

contact me at:
[email protected]
11-28-2013, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 01:19 AM by Kyhel.)
@betrayedAngel Thx for the feedback, so the problem is definitely my MAC address loading, i posted an issue on the github repo, we can just wait someone to fix it (or me to find a way to compile 32 bits Confused )

Kyhel,
French Student

11-28-2013, 01:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-28-2013 01:30 AM by Raimoo.)
(11-28-2013 01:17 AM)betrayedAngel Wrote:  
(11-28-2013 12:35 AM)Kyhel Wrote:  @RaimooOh, so maybe the problem is in the server build i used ? Oo

nope, I think your server build has no problem.

have you ever tried this build? >> http://www.sendspace.com/file/y5hukg
this ppsspp 32bit build can go trough AdHocServer.exe beautifully as seen on my SS posted before.

you can check on my attachment to prove that your server build is fine (I think)

yeah, come to think of it, the buildbot version doesnt go through AdHocServer at all. it somehow connected and i manage to get into the guild hall Confused

Edit: I've tried captainobvious version for 32bit and it works on GEB and MHFU as well. Now i need to find a local computer to test it with my laptop Big Grin

o.o Oh Hi XD
P.S: Wanted to go to Japan so badly

AOD270
Windows 7 Home Basic (32bit)
Intel Atom N2800 (Quad-core) 1.86GHz
Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 3600 series
11-28-2013, 01:33 AM
i tested the 32 bit build it works.gathering hall and embarking on quest.
11-28-2013, 01:33 AM
(11-28-2013 01:18 AM)Kyhel Wrote:  @betrayedAngel Thx for the feedback, so the problem is definitely my MAC address loading, i posted an issue on the github repo, we can just wait someone to fix it (or me to find a way to compile 32 bits Confused )

you're welcome.
I think ppsspp is getting really hot soon, Big Grin

Shappire HD7750 1GB DDR5

contact me at:
[email protected]
Thread Closed