Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
Online Support (PRO Online)
11-26-2013, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 11:01 PM by VayaviyaVayu.)
RE: Online Support (PRO Online)
(11-26-2013 10:56 PM)Kyhel Wrote:  @VayaviyaVayu No, if it's 127.0.0.1 it won't work... It's like "myself" you connect to yourself, and your friends connected to himself, how could it work ? Tongue For this to work, in the command prompt you and you friend my be logged with your respective PUBLIC IP address Wink Tell me what you and your friend put in the proAdhocServer line... I can't help you if you don't give me information...
We both put in 50.53.185.184, my public IP address. Now it's saying my proper IP address, still can't see each other.
EDIT: We also have separate MAC addresses and PPSSPP nicknames.
Find all posts by this user
11-26-2013, 11:01 PM
(11-26-2013 10:56 PM)Kyhel Wrote:  @captainobvious I thought you had a adhoc functional build, forget it xD

@vnctdj Yeah me too so i won't have to build myself anymore xD

@Bzhuan Thx for your help, i never thought this could lead to a problem xD Let's see if it fixes it

@VayaviyaVayu No, if it's 127.0.0.1 it won't work... It's like "myself" you connect to yourself, and your friends connected to himself, how could it work ? Tongue For this to work, in the command prompt you and you friend my be logged with your respective PUBLIC IP address Wink Tell me what you and your friend put in the proAdhocServer line... I can't help you if you don't give me information...
It is adhoc functional. It's just missing your awesome commit of adding mac adress to ppsspp.ini Tongue
11-26-2013, 11:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 11:14 PM by Kyhel.)
@captainobvious Hum, so maybe my "awesome commit of adding mac address to ppsspp.ini" broke it xD But since i didn't really understand what i did with that stuff, i'm not sure i'll be able to debug it, just wait tomorrow for the pull request, and the merge, and buildbot, and developers of the team to fix it xD

@VayaviyaVayu : Then it has to be a problem with the 10000 port, i can't help you, check if you're correctly forwarding it, that's all i can't tell you :/

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
11-26-2013, 11:38 PM
(11-26-2013 11:14 PM)Kyhel Wrote:  @VayaviyaVayu : Then it has to be a problem with the 10000 port, i can't help you, check if you're correctly forwarding it, that's all i can't tell you :/

Is there any way at all that it isn't the 10000 port? Could it be a different port, for some reason?
11-26-2013, 11:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 12:30 AM by LunaMoo.)
You can try "netstat" (just type it in windows console and press enter), it shows active connections and ports used, in fact I just did it with MoHuFU EU and I got 9968 port when entering gathering hall, then next time I got 10043 in the same situation, same room etc @_@... edit: yeah now I got also 10052, 10173... seems random?;c

I'm a noob at net stuff but after reading a bit solutions for now seem to be:
- forward port ranges after checking what the game might use(with netstat or anything),
- set DMZ on your pc(probably should be avoided;p),
- use 3rd party tunelling software ~ few of such exists,
- wait for UPnP support to avoid the above.^_^

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
11-27-2013, 12:50 AM
I know I'm probably late to the party but I tried MHP3rdHD.
http://imgur.com/a/aL1fM
Here are my results, I used my PC and my laptop.
The game(at least for me) doesn't like more than two people. I went and grabbed my little brother's laptop to see how three players would work, and the third person would always disconnect at the start of a mission.
11-27-2013, 01:40 AM
(11-26-2013 11:53 PM)LunaMoo Wrote:  You can try "netstat" (just type it in windows console and press enter), it shows active connections and ports used, in fact I just did it with MoHuFU EU and I got 9968 port when entering gathering hall, then next time I got 10043 in the same situation, same room etc @_@... edit: yeah now I got also 10052, 10173... seems random?;c

I'm a noob at net stuff but after reading a bit solutions for now seem to be:
- forward port ranges after checking what the game might use(with netstat or anything),
- set DMZ on your pc(probably should be avoided;p),
- use 3rd party tunelling software ~ few of such exists,
- wait for UPnP support to avoid the above.^_^

So I'm using netstat... How do I tell what port to forward?
11-27-2013, 01:50 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 02:02 AM by Kyhel.)
@Korichu I can't test with 3 computers for now, maybe you can open the debug log and tell my if you see any error ? (Use the sceNet filter to avoid G3D errors spam), it may help me know what's wrong

@LunaMoo I just tested with MHFU EU, in the log it still only opens the port 10000, but maybe the log and the actual port differ ^^
Also, while MHFU EU and US should work together, they don't, maybe a problem with the database and sqlite, don't know i'll have to check this. Maybe that's why Vaya can't see his friend.

Kyhel,
French Student

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
11-27-2013, 01:52 AM
Kyhel, I hate to bug you more, but can you give insight as to whether or not the gathering hall is always on port 10000 or if it changes? That would explain why it worked only the first time.
11-27-2013, 02:03 AM
I can see 3 players in gathering hall, but whenever mission start, the 3rd person always disconnect, same problem with korichu
11-27-2013, 02:07 AM
@Vaya I said i'ld only provide support for local playing, i really can't help you more since i can't test. On my computer it's always 10 000, but maybe for other people it's different...
@ksdsdf Yeah, can't do anything about that right now

Kyhel,
French Student

11-27-2013, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 02:48 AM by Bzhuan.)
I got the logs from when I played online with another person. It appears to be closing the connection at the end of it or something.
http://imgur.com/a/yeoum
Crazy thing is, I even set up a DMZ for my pc, and it STILL refuses to go on quests!
Anything we can get from this?
11-27-2013, 03:17 AM
@Bzhuan That's strange, that's exactly the type of problem i had BEFORE i fixed the thing for windows. To all of you trying to play with people over the internet, pls at least just try locally first to see if it works, since i can't test right now over the internet i can't really help you Confused

Kyhel,
French Student

11-27-2013, 05:20 AM
Tried local, works perfectly with my laptop.

Now, how would I go about fixing the whole connection closing thing? I have a friend whom I've tried everything with: Hamachi, port forwarding, tunngle, you name it! It still will not go on quests! It's the strangest thing ever too, because I supplied him with the rom for the game, set up everything for him myself via teamviewer, and even went as far as to forward his ports for him! What is going on here?!
11-27-2013, 05:28 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 05:29 AM by Korichu.)
(11-27-2013 05:20 AM)Bzhuan Wrote:  Tried local, works perfectly with my laptop.

Now, how would I go about fixing the whole connection closing thing? I have a friend whom I've tried everything with: Hamachi, port forwarding, tunngle, you name it! It still will not go on quests! It's the strangest thing ever too, because I supplied him with the rom for the game, set up everything for him myself via teamviewer, and even went as far as to forward his ports for him! What is going on here?!

Remember, this is experimental/a work in progress. Everything will probably be sorted out over time.
Thread Closed