Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
Online Support (PRO Online)
11-24-2013, 06:30 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 06:32 PM by Archimedes.)
RE: Online Support (PRO Online)
VayaviyaVayu Dude, don't wanna be rude but did you even read the comments above and the ones from later pages? Everyone is working their ass of trying to make one, and I don't know how many if any of us succeeded. One of the programmers behind all of this (Kyhel) said he be will making one next week, so yea...

Choco we are in the same boat. Just wait until Kyhel returns and gives us more details.
Find all posts by this user
11-24-2013, 06:33 PM
(11-24-2013 06:23 PM)VayaviyaVayu Wrote:  do you HAVE to do all this yourself for it to work?

I think yes Smile
Quote:And just a reminder since Kyhel wrote it already in his instructionsSmile, to use it to play with someone you'll have to change some code for your needs as well:
Code:
ppsspp\Core\HLE\proAdhoc.cpp(507):  uint8_t mac[] = {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6};
ppsspp\Core\HLE\sceNet.cpp(134):    static const u8 fakeEtherAddr[6] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 };
change 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 to your MAC address, each player has to get different(but same in both places), but this apparently can be made up;p.

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
11-24-2013, 06:37 PM
(11-24-2013 06:30 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  VayaviyaVayu Dude, don't wanna be rude but did you even read the comments above and the ones from later pages? Everyone is working their ass of trying to make one, and I don't know how many if any of us succeeded. One of the programmers behind all of this (Kyhel) said he be will making one next week, so yea...

Choco we are in the same boat. Just wait until Kyhel returns and gives us more details.

It seemed like most of you were successful.. I don't see why someone couldn't just upload what they had, if it was successful? Programming is like trying to read Portuguese to me, so I'm not fully understanding what is going on, but it seemed Kyhel and some others had success. I have read the whole thread.
11-24-2013, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 06:44 PM by Archimedes.)
(11-24-2013 06:37 PM)VayaviyaVayu Wrote:  It seemed like most of you were successful.. I don't see why someone couldn't just upload what they had, if it was successful? Programming is like trying to read Portuguese to me, so I'm not fully understanding what is going on, but it seemed Kyhel and some others had success. I have read the whole thread.

I know the feeling dude, but some of those guys have MAC and the emulator wouldn't work on windows. The other ones are probably playing like crazy and won't return to the forum any time soon. As for Kyhel I expect he doesn't want to put up a mess of a program, guys like him generally like to show off polished stuff, and I understand him perfectly.

But hey I promise that if I manage to make it I will upload it for everyone to make use of it.
11-24-2013, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 06:47 PM by VayaviyaVayu.)
Quote:I know the feeling dude, but some of those guys have MAC and the emulator wouldn't work on windows. The other ones are probably playing like crazy and won't return to the forum any time soon. As for Kyhel I expect he doesn't want to put up a mess of a program, guys like him generally like to show off polished stuff, and I understand him perfectly.

Well I can genuinely say I don't care if it's "messy". I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. But I guess I'll just join in the waiting game.

Oh. Well that'd be lovely. I wish I had anything to contribute aside from my love.
11-24-2013, 06:54 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 06:57 PM by Archimedes.)
(11-24-2013 06:46 PM)VayaviyaVayu Wrote:  Well I can genuinely say I don't care if it's "messy". I don't even know what that's supposed to mean. But I guess I'll just join in the waiting game.

Let me elaborate then. Here is one problem that the emulator has at this point in development. This adhoc support thing has a MAC address inside it that needs to be different from that of other emulators. Unfortunately though, as specified in Kyhel's tutorial, this address needs to hard coded in the emulator at the time that you build /compile it. What this meant is that if you use the build of another person you will get in conflict with it or something because you have the same MAC address. You cannot change it after the emulator was built, you can only do that before building it. So yea, I guess Kyhel wants to make it so that the emulator will generate a MAC address of it's own.
11-24-2013, 06:59 PM
I might have found the changes he was referring to, I will try to make a client with the info I found, but I won't research any further today if I'm heading in the wrong direction, wish me luck. Wink
11-24-2013, 07:02 PM
(11-24-2013 06:59 PM)Choco Wrote:  I might have found the changes he was referring to, I will try to make a client with the info I found, but I won't research any further today if I'm heading in the wrong direction, wish me luck. Wink

http://youtu.be/Uw3ON0ipQHs?t=32s
11-24-2013, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 09:21 PM by Kyhel.)
Archimedes' #231 post is totally right, if you don't build the emulator yourself, changing the MAC address IN THE CODE you will have conflict with others emulator that have the same mac address. I don't know how tu use the genuine one of your network interface which one IS unique.

The best i can do at the moment without adding any functionality is making a repo where you'ld just have to download the code, and build it (no modifications needed). I'm working on it right now, but there are a lot of things to do to make it fully compatible with both linux/osx and windows. And i haven't yet found the right way to do it. Yet, when i've done it, i'll try to add a line for the MAC address in the config file (ppsspp.ini) so you don't have to build it yourself, and then just have to specify your mac address and you're done. Everything i explained here for the emulator building is for "programmers" or at least those who know how a program code work, otherwise, it's not worth losing your time, sorry guys.

I'll attach in my first post the source code i used with my pc so you'll just have to find the 2 places to change the mac address, and build it. Check it out

EDIT : I can't put the code here it's too big, and there is no point in putting a build since you could'nt change the MAC adress and you would have conflict with other emulators. It would be useful for those who only want to play with psp and emulator, but since i'm obliged to put the source code too (i can't), i won't.

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
11-24-2013, 09:12 PM
Kyhel I am not far from making my own working adhoc enabled emulator. Just tell how EXACTLY am I supposed to "manually merge" the repositories.
That is all I think I need.
11-24-2013, 09:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 09:22 PM by Kyhel.)
It's not really a merging... When you look at this : https://github.com/igorcalabria/ppsspp/c...e781a9b43e
You see exactly what igorcalabria modified on the code, to make it work for windows, you have to find in the adhoc-support code, where did he modified this, since he change the place where some of the code is (from all in sceNetAdhoc.cpp to proAdhoc.cpp and proAdhoc.h, and modify it in the code you have from adhoc-support branch. Then you change what i've put in my post.

I've just forked my own repo on github, i'll keep you updated when i'll have a working copy.

Kyhel,
French Student
Thanks to all PPSSPP team for this amazing emulator !

Experimental PPSSPP Adhoc Support build here : http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3595&pid=59241#pid59241
Please read the whole post.
11-24-2013, 09:24 PM
Haha ! Big Grin

I have managed to connect my PSP and my PC (running Windows 7 x64) ! Wink
All is working flawlessly as far as I tested (going in the gathering hall, exchanging guild cards, doing quests) Smile

Look at this :

[Image: 881322981.png]

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-24-2013, 09:25 PM (This post was last modified: 11-24-2013 09:28 PM by Archimedes.)
Thanks a ton vnctdj, now we can all envy you. (joking)
11-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Very cool! I hope someone will condense this into a nice few pull requests soon, while I'm busy with my NEON optimizations Smile
11-24-2013, 09:32 PM
(11-24-2013 09:25 PM)Archimedes Wrote:  Thanks a ton vnctdj, now we can all envy you. (joking)

I can make a build for you if you want, but there is always the MAC address problem...

But it will work if you play in local network (with the Windows server Kyhel provided) Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Thread Closed