Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
Online Support (PRO Online)
10-25-2013, 07:11 AM
RE: xlink kai
(10-23-2013 09:07 PM)annubbis Wrote:  I started porting colorbird code last week, it was pretty simple to implement the basic stuff but I still can't really test it because my psp hasn't arrived yet(I could try and run two instances of the emulator at a time, but I'd rather wait for a real psp to continue development). Once I have a decent enough version I'll post it here on the forums for you guys to test, but for god's sake don't expect much of the first iterations, it's going to be broken as hell.

im glad someone is starting on this Smile

i also have a PSP and id be glad to test if you need people to do so, in the future of course Big Grin

===========================
PSP: PSP 3000 PRO C custom firmware
~~PPSSPP Devices~~
Phone: iphone 4G
Desktop: i7-2600, 4GB ram , GTS 450
Find all posts by this user
10-27-2013, 02:51 PM
Coldbird & annubbis, take your time guys..
we will patiently wait for ur awesome addition to ppsspp.. Big Grin

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-28-2013, 02:23 PM
(10-27-2013 02:51 PM)globe94 Wrote:  Coldbird & annubbis, take your time guys..
we will patiently wait for ur awesome addition to ppsspp.. Big Grin

It's not like we have any other choice.
10-30-2013, 07:33 PM
hello! joined this forum just to see this get along because i love monster hunter and until i can save up for a wii-u im stuck with freedom unite and i would love to play online/with friends (even though i don't know how to use xlink so i hope for a tutorial when this is done

Godammit ross
10-30-2013, 07:46 PM
(10-30-2013 07:33 PM)Rosenakahara Wrote:  hello! joined this forum just to see this get along because i love monster hunter and until i can save up for a wii-u im stuck with freedom unite and i would love to play online/with friends (even though i don't know how to use xlink so i hope for a tutorial when this is done

XLink Kai won't be needed when online support will be implemented Wink
I think you say that because of the thread's title but the idea is to port Coldbird's work related to Pro custom firmwares Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-30-2013, 08:56 PM
(10-30-2013 07:46 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(10-30-2013 07:33 PM)Rosenakahara Wrote:  hello! joined this forum just to see this get along because i love monster hunter and until i can save up for a wii-u im stuck with freedom unite and i would love to play online/with friends (even though i don't know how to use xlink so i hope for a tutorial when this is done

XLink Kai won't be needed when online support will be implemented Wink
I think you say that because of the thread's title but the idea is to port Coldbird's work related to Pro custom firmwares Smile
ah, good cause last time i used xlink i had to buy a ton of crap for my psp and in the end it didn't even work Tongue my psp is gone now anyway needed the money for this pc

Godammit ross
10-31-2013, 07:30 AM
ppsspp should have some metric for tracking how often users use ppsspp

and after it would get multiplayer support that metric would prove that usage of ppsspp is going up

also ppl want that xlink kai not because its cool no its very confusing even to install it not to mention configuration and connection
there are big problems with drivers when installing it many ppl dont know where find options to configure kai even when they have tutorial in front of their eyes
and when u finally get connected to xlink kai there are not so many users to test if you done everything right
like average users connected is about 40 from which 70%~80% play monster hunter games (i never seen someone playing phantasy star portable)

any way what i think ppl want xlink kai to work to be able to play with psp owners from their pc cause many ppl have psp but dont have pc or other way around

and that actually would be worth doing all the stuff you need to do to get xlink kai to work

like imagine you got brother or sister or whatever and you have 1 pc and 1 psp

or you dont have psp but have pc and a friend which have only psp but not the pc now imagine if you 2 still can play 2gether
that is what would make this emulator something awesome for tons of users

but even so connecting 2 or more ppsspp emulators on different pcs would be awesome thing alone

in think best feature would be Kaillera support cause it would let you play with random ppl and not just friends which are getting mad when they lose too much with you and dont wanna play any more

well to tell you the truth i dont really care what it will be

1 thing i care is that it will be simple to use and user friendly
cause i dont have problem with configuring stuff and getting it to work
but explaining to a friend how to configure something who is not so well with pcs how to set up connection will be painful

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=12513
or http://www.x360ce.com
10-31-2013, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2013 09:06 AM by Archimedes.)
(10-31-2013 07:30 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  in think best feature would be Kaillera support cause it would let you play with random ppl and not just friends which are getting mad when they lose too much with you and dont wanna play any more

Kaillera can't work with PPSSPP, it just simply can't. There are different principles. How can I put this...
You see, on a nes emulator for example, Kaillera will simply send the keys that you press to the other player. That is it. PSP games on the other hand, work differently. You see with older consoles, like the one I mentioned, you did not need 2 of them to play multiplayer, with PSP games you do. The games that have Ad Hoc capabilities provide a server that deals with much more than simple key press transmissions, they calculate the position of the players on the map, player stats and other crazy stuff that Kaillera wasn't made to handle.
10-31-2013, 10:18 AM
(10-31-2013 09:04 AM)Archimedes Wrote:  
(10-31-2013 07:30 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  in think best feature would be Kaillera support cause it would let you play with random ppl and not just friends which are getting mad when they lose too much with you and dont wanna play any more

Kaillera can't work with PPSSPP, it just simply can't. There are different principles. How can I put this...
You see, on a nes emulator for example, Kaillera will simply send the keys that you press to the other player. That is it. PSP games on the other hand, work differently. You see with older consoles, like the one I mentioned, you did not need 2 of them to play multiplayer, with PSP games you do. The games that have Ad Hoc capabilities provide a server that deals with much more than simple key press transmissions, they calculate the position of the players on the map, player stats and other crazy stuff that Kaillera wasn't made to handle.

so if not kaillera than something very close to it would be cool

i dont mean it need to be kaillera
i just mean something that works in the same way (i mean lobby chat and UI) and not the program it self

like for example xlink kai UI is confusing if your green im advanced and i needed to take few minutes to check how and what to do in it (not much anyway)
and kaillera or virtua nes or Zsnes netplay connection User Interface is pretty self explanatory

like look on this
[Image: byYlfWs.png]

can you get any more simple and self explanatory than that ?

Try AntiMicro graphical program used to map keyboard keys and mouse controls to a gamepad/controller.
10-31-2013, 10:39 AM
well the title is xlink kai.. but i think it favored coldbird's pro online client/pro c custom firmware

it does need some work for the actual psp, but way simplier than xlink kai

and who knows, maybe coldbird will make it more simpler on pppsspp

PSP: PSP 3000 PRO C custom firmware
~~PPSSPP Devices~~
Phone: iphone 4G
Desktop: i7-2600, 4GB ram , GTS 450
10-31-2013, 10:49 AM
(10-31-2013 10:39 AM)gh0stx Wrote:  well the title is xlink kai.. but i think it favored coldbird's pro online client/pro c custom firmware

i dont even know what is "coldbird" i just watched some youtube vids but that dont tell me much

anyway i think anything would be better than xlink kai

or at least something that would work

10-31-2013, 11:25 AM
(10-31-2013 10:49 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  
(10-31-2013 10:39 AM)gh0stx Wrote:  well the title is xlink kai.. but i think it favored coldbird's pro online client/pro c custom firmware

i dont even know what is "coldbird" i just watched some youtube vids but that dont tell me much

Cool idea. Let us know when your done working on making it for PPSSPP.
10-31-2013, 11:29 AM
(10-31-2013 10:49 AM)ZeroX4 Wrote:  

You should take a look at these links :
Taking PSP games online for free!
Prometheus – uncovered!
Prometheus Server Status
Wink

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-31-2013, 04:19 PM
Can we, ppsspp users, contribute some funds to make Ad-Hoc support priority #1? 'Cos we're ready, aren't we?)
10-31-2013, 06:34 PM
(10-31-2013 04:19 PM)versusdec Wrote:  Can we, ppsspp users, contribute some funds to make Ad-Hoc support priority #1? 'Cos we're ready, aren't we?)

I you want to donate to PPSSPP, you should follow this link : http://central.ppsspp.org/buygold Smile

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Thread Closed