Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
Online Support (PRO Online)
06-16-2013, 01:45 PM
RE: xlink kai
(05-27-2013 01:33 PM)Henrik Wrote:  There won't be "Xlink Kai" support but something similar can be done. It's not something that's likely to happen very soon though.

I never played much online on my PSP, what games are the most interesting to play multiplayer?

DBZ Games, Naruto Games
Like...
DBZ Shin Budokai 1 or 2
DBZ Tenkaichi Tag Team
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Heroes 3
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Impact

Cya~
Find all posts by this user
06-25-2013, 08:42 AM
(05-28-2013 05:04 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(05-28-2013 10:29 AM)Beeman Wrote:  Definitely need some multiplayer support just for Monster Hunter...to play Freedom Unite in high resolutions with low latency would be a godsend. Also Portable 3rd, once the comparability for that gets sorted.

I know a tool to play Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (and other Monster Hunter games I think) with friends online Wink
I never used it but it seems more "private" than XLink Kai Smile
It's called MHPTunnel Smile

I tried it before and worked fine to play with friends only. MHPTunnel needs MS Loopback Adapter, Bridge, and adhoctousb.prx too, witch is a sad thing because as i reading treads nowadays, i see that this way is not supported by the developers. Im not a programmer and really dont know these kind of things, but if PPSSPP gets an AD-HOC support thats maby possible to take ad-hoc to online.
06-25-2013, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2013 05:49 PM by livisor.)
Personally I only see one way for this to work out.Coldbird(CFW PRO developer) joining the github and help making PPSSPP compatible with PRO Online which,for those who don't know, makes every game that has ad-hoc possibility playable online Smile
06-26-2013, 11:52 AM
As i dig out from Emunews forum topic, u can play MHFU through Tunngle, or Hamachi with your friend using Jpcsp emu. Not a big deal to make it work but people said that this is far from reasonable, and hardly playable. Laggs, disconnets, many restarts, and failed connecting.
06-26-2013, 04:49 PM
The most interesting games would be:
Monster Hunter games
Gods Eater Burst
Fighting Games
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
(06-26-2013 04:49 PM)Xendran Wrote:  The most interesting games would be:
Monster Hunter games
Gods Eater Burst
Fighting Games
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

I agree Smile I'm sure it's a hard, complicated thing to make this work for the developer team, but if thats happen, that will be a really useful feature. PPSSPP is still a young emulator (and fastly getting better, and better) and i know there is the main achivement is compatibility, but we are different. I rather play MHFU eith no sound at all, if i can play it with others. I play MHFU connected my PC to a huge HD TV, and still looks awsome, i hope we could enjoy this online because my opinion is that the best MH games comes out to the PSP.
The God Eater series are really cool when played with others and Tekken is awsome too. Smile
06-28-2013, 07:01 PM
Well you guys could just implement my aemu API into the emulator.

It's opensource, gpl-licensed and already in use with PRO Online (my psp online gaming hub that doesn't require PC-sided tools or gadgets).

It works by providing a emulated copy of all the Adhoc Functions on PSP via plugins & hooks and tunnels them over a peer-2-peer based VPN into the internet using my own server as a hub to connect to other PSPs / Parties.

By implementing this API in PPSSPP it would not only gain hassle free online multiplayer (Adhoc) but it would also allow emulator users to play with real PSP users online and vice versa. Wink

In addition to that PPSSPP and its providers would have no additional costs to pay in implementing this as the server is hosted by me at no cost and even if it was to ever go down (it wont) you guys could just create your own hub server from the GPL sourcecode (as it includes both the client plugins for PSP and the server code).

So yeah...

The gaming hub server is hosted at http://pro.coldbird.uk.to and the sourcecode for both the Adhoc Emulation API and the server can be found in the projects Google Code Repository over at http://code.google.com/p/aemu !

PS. The code has already been tested (its still incomplete) but so far it supports over 50 games, including Triple-A-Quality titles like God Eater Burst and the protocol supports chat-messages ingame... so this is perfect for PPSSPP. Wink

I would be willing to implement this on my own into PPSSPP if no one else wants to port it from my code repository, but due to my current life-situation (3 jobs... 1 main, 2 sidejobs) it would have to wait until the end of september until I can make some spare time to do so.

So I really hope someone else gets to it before I do.

Greetings, Coldbird.
06-28-2013, 07:53 PM
@Coldbird

is this realy work (i got God Eater Burst can be player with pc and android?)?
thank Smile

I worse write english so take easy on me
(even my own language realy bad T_T)

Rig to test now :
Windows 8 64 bit (Laptop)
Intel® Core™ i3-3110M (2.4GHz, 3MB L3 Cache)
Nvidia GT720M 2GB
06-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Yes it works great already.

Just needs porting into ppsspp.
06-28-2013, 09:21 PM
Hey coldbird,thanks for paying attention to ppsspp,I knew we could count on your work Big Grin hopefully some gets to implementing this in maximum a month or so(maybe)
06-28-2013, 09:37 PM
(06-28-2013 09:05 PM)Coldbird Wrote:  Yes it works great already.

Just needs porting into ppsspp.

Thanks for the aport but can you tell me how to... on the PPSSPP.
Thank you a lot Big Grin
06-28-2013, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2013 03:36 PM by Coldbird.)
I don't know how helpful my work is going to be but please contact me if you require assistance.

Getting online play working should be easy with the code I've provided though.

EDIT: Started porting it into PPSSPP... might take a while due to me being busy with my 3 other jobs... Sad
Also with online play one has to be careful... a bunch of measures have to be taken as to make sure the online experience isn't getting f****d up...

*) disable state saving / loading
*) disable pausing of games
*) disable > 100% speedboosts (as to not cause desyncronisation on other players)
*) disabling cheats

...and a bunch of other things like that as to not hurt the online ecosystem we have built, cause obviously noone wants a single player to ruin the experience for everyone else.
07-01-2013, 08:41 PM
We can't let this thread die.
07-01-2013, 08:49 PM
(06-28-2013 10:19 PM)Coldbird Wrote:  I don't know how helpful my work is going to be but please contact me if you require assistance.

Getting online play working should be easy with the code I've provided though.

EDIT: Started porting it into PPSSPP... might take a while due to me being busy with my 3 other jobs... Sad
Also with online play one has to be careful... a bunch of measures have to be taken as to make sure the online experience isn't getting f****d up...

*) disable state saving / loading
*) disable pausing of games
*) disable > 100% speedboosts (as to not cause desyncronisation on other players)
*) disabling cheats

...and a bunch of other things like that as to not hurt the online ecosystem we have built, cause obviously noone wants a single player to ruin the experience for everyone else.

I think that if you post an issue on GitHub someone will help you in your work Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
07-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Done. Big Grin
Thread Closed