Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.38 Average
CwCheat Support
05-23-2013, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2014 01:07 PM by makotech222.)
CwCheat Support
CwCheats is now merged to master. Here is a guide on how to use it

For Everyone:
Always download the latest GIT version, not the latest official version, when using these cheats. Many things have changed since the last official release. So before you ask for help, UPDATE!
[Windows Guide]

Cheat folder Path: "main PPSSPP folder\memstick\PSP\Cheats"

First off, run PPSSPP and enable the "enable cheats" option in the system settings.Then, open the game that you want cheats for. PPSSPP will create a folder called 'Cheats' and an .ini named the same as the game ID and game Title. Mine looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/SveOX8c.png

Then, open the .Ini and input your cheats like so:
http://i.imgur.com/1jF7J1o.png

When you are finished entering your cheats in, run your game in ppsspp and go to the pause menu -> Cheats menu like here:
http://i.imgur.com/Q9K4bxf.png

From the Cheats menu, you can activate and deactivate your cheats.
http://i.imgur.com/sxAVWzU.png

Additionally, there is now the option to import cheats from a cheat.db file. If you have a cheat.db file, place it in your /cheats folder. PPSSPP will search for your game by its UID (like ULUS-10202) and then proceed to add the codes to your game's cheat ini file.

[Android Guide]
Android is now supported on the latest builds. It functions very similarly to the Windows version. Place your cheat.db or cheat ini's in the cheats folder and play!(8/26/2013)

Note: If your game crashes after enabling cheats and loading the game, then you must manually create the "Cheats" folder in the /PSP/ Directory.

Possible Problems:
On windows, if you have everything set up properly, but ppsspp isn't loading your cheats menu at all, you may have to try moving your PPSSPP folder to the root of your C:\ Drive. Try this first, and if it works, you may be able to move it to another folder. Do not use the Desktop or My Documents folders.

Edit: Updated to reflect the new format.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2013, 05:56 PM
RE: CwCheat Support
I think this should be sticky so anyone can add their cheats here.What do you think?
05-23-2013, 05:59 PM
Well, we may be adding cheatdb support, which will contain pretty much all available cheats already. Most CWcheats can be found around the web though. No need to muddy up this thread.
05-23-2013, 06:01 PM
Better with cheatdb,it's easier Smile
05-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Yeah the problem is that it's going to require a UI to make it usable. Otherwise its just gonna be a big mess Tongue Unfortunately, i've never written a GUI before, which is why it hasn't been added in yet.
05-23-2013, 10:11 PM
v0.7.6-772-g2bf1beb is which ver. I'm using, but there is no such option in Settings/System nor do I see a cheats folder to appear upon opening game.

Laptop:________________________Desktop:
Windows 10 64-bit, 8GB DDR4 RAM | Windows 10 64-bit, 8GB DDR3 RAM
Intel® Core™i5-7300HQ 2,5/3.5ghz | Intel® Core™i5-4440 3,10ghz
NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti_____________| NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-23-2013, 10:21 PM
You have to build the separate branch on github.
05-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Can you explain how that is done? I don't know about anyone else, but I don't exactly have much experience with ppsspp or github, so I have no clue what I'm doing.
05-30-2013, 06:42 PM
CwCheats is now merged to master. Also updated main post
05-30-2013, 09:45 PM
Oh that's wonderful. I've been thinking about today.
05-31-2013, 12:46 AM
so it's not been released as a build yet ?
05-31-2013, 03:10 AM
You have to build it yourself or wait for the autobuild. I would link mine here but I don't know if that's against the rule or not.
05-31-2013, 03:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 03:12 AM by TheDax.)
Providing custom builds isn't against the rules, but since PPSSPP is GPL'd you have to provide the source code with the binaries, or provide a link as to where it can be obtained. Also out of courtesy you might want to provide a virustotal scan of the exe files.
05-31-2013, 03:36 AM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 03:38 AM by nightmesh.)
Okay. I got my files off github. What I built was just the normal master branch only after cwcheat had been merge with it. So I didn't do anything other then download it and build it.

Just put the exe in a ppsspp folder or heck, make a new folder and copy only the folders and the at3 dll from your most recently used ppsspp folder into it along with the exe you download and just follow the directions in the original post. It's 32bit.

Virus Scan
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/a9075...369974310/

Build
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ywt3sa...indows.exe
05-31-2013, 04:04 AM
Thanks for uploading. Orphis buildbot seems to be down today for some reason. Let me know if you find any bugs.