Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4.38 Average
CwCheat Support
10-21-2015, 04:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2015 04:08 AM by Vercalos.)
RE: CwCheat Support
Try as I might, I still cannot get the cheats to work in 1.1.1, even with the latest autobuild from GITHUB.

Particularly, nothing shows up when the emulator is paused, where the PAUSE screen is supposed to show up. There is an option in the settings to enable cheats, and I found a cheats folder with .ini files, but it all seems superfluous as I cannot access them in-emulator.

<EDIT>
Scratch that. I managed to figure it out.
Emulation>Pause(F8)
Is not the same as
Controls>Control mapping>Pause
Which apparently is mapped to ESC or BACKSPACE by default, but was unmapped in my settings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2015, 08:29 AM
Need help on cheats!
Can anyone here could help me please?
I want to use a cheat but i dont know how andd where could i get some cheats..
10-25-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Need help on cheats!
Well there are at least few ways, either on our forum in cwcheat section here where some of us posts cheats from time to time, or just google for game's code with added cwc formatting like for example:
Code:
"_S ULUS-10515"
for game with ULUS10515 code

or

"_S ULJM-05957"
for game with ULJM05957 code
just replace the code with one from your game ~ you can find this info in ppsspp at game screen(the one you activate by holding game icon on touch screen or right clicking it on desktops) or in window titlebar if you're unsure. Make sure to use "" around like I did, that tells search engine like google to look only for a whole phrase. This way you will find many sites with CWC for your game, doesn't matter the language the site is.
In case you don't know how to put cheats inside PPSSPP read first post in this thread.

Another way you could use one of those big databases like this one, but a friendly warning - they're rather low quality, are filled with repeated codes or ones that are incorrectly assigned to wrong game versions etc and many would not work even on psp.

Saying that you should also be aware that not all cheats made for PSP will work on PPSSPP because there are still have some memory management issues. In short emulation is imperfect and for some games PPSSPP needs different cheats. Some of those games have some nice cheats made specially for ppsspp on the cwc forum section I linked earlier, for those that doesn't have any working ones you can request in this thread.
You could also try changing PSP model in PPSSPP system settings to PSP-1000 as it can improve compatibility with some PSP cheats by decreasing amount of memory game can use, althrough most of the time if they don't work, you really need different cheats.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
10-25-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: Need help on cheats!
Thank you very much!
10-26-2015, 08:03 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-28-2015, 02:53 PM
hey i have a problem with cwcheat
Hello everyone i would like to ask something.So i have ppsspp emulator on my windows and i have Tekken Dark Ressurection rom.I open it i press L2( i use a ps3 controller to play),i press cheats then edit cheat file i paste some codes i found online (i have chosen europe as my region at the beginning when i opened the rom so i found EU cwcheats),but when i tick them i press escape but when i am in-game none of my cheats is working.I have tried every region cheats but none works.Anyone help me please?
10-28-2015, 05:23 PM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-28-2015, 09:10 PM
CWcheats dont work
So I added the cheats into the games Ini file saved it 10 times then closed the Ini file and opened my game, cheats are enabled but none of the cheats (cheats that I got off this site) even show up in the cheat list, When you reopen the Cheat file its always empty.

I am currently using the 1.1.1 PPSSPP for windows x64 and the game I am trying to get cheats working for is "Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Tagforce special"

Now this cheat problem I'm having is for all games not just this one, the only way I got around it was by using a Cheat.db file (that I also got from this site) but when I tried adding the "Yu-Gi-Oh!" cheats for this game to the .db file it just crashes the psp every time I try and load from it. I don't know if I just edited the Cheat.db file wrong or what, pretty sure I had it right though.

Can someone help me figure out why its doing this or upload a Cheat.db file with this specific games cheats in it I would appreciate it.

thanks in advance
10-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
10-30-2015, 02:51 AM
Ubuntu 14.04 = How to use cheats?
Does anyone know how? I'm using PPSSPP 1.1.1 in Ubuntu 14.04.
10-30-2015, 05:11 PM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-04-2015, 07:54 PM
I'm going to post this here for simplicity's sake. I finally figured out how to create cwcheats using Cheat Engine for the PPSSPP emulator. Here is a brief guide on how I did it. If ANYTHING at all needs elaborating, please do not hesitate to PM me about it.

Also note that this guide will not work in all cases (I'm looking at you sports games). Some PSP games have what is called dynamic memory, and to the best of my knowledge, dynamic memory is:

LunaMoo Wrote:You can only recognize them by trying to find some variable in memory and have it being at different address. It might change after each reload, but might also change between levels/stages and always be same for particular place in game.

How hard it is to deal with it? Well it all depends on experience and knowledge.

If a person doesn't know asm it will really depend on his experience and on how deep pointer particular game needs, in most games it's at least like 4-5 levels which means you will have to find pointer to a pointer, pointer to a pointer you just found and soo on. There are better ways to deal with it than finding pointers.

That said, if you are looking for a basic guide to help you get started, then this is it.

Game Featured: Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (USA version)
Code Featured: Max hearts in Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Clarification: Not infinite Hearts)
Items needed: Notepad and Hex calculator

1. After obtaining and installing Cheat Engine, open the emulator without loading a game and Cheat Engine.
2. Load the game that you are searching for cheats for and immediately press F8. This pauses the emulator.
3. Open the Log Console, and you will notice that there will be some activity on the console. You will want to search for the following line of text (Featured game shown here):

Quote:Memmap.cpp:338 I[MM]: Memory system initialized. RAM at 000000C3EEC70000

3b. We can safely ignore the first six zeroes in the address for the purposes of the next steps. Just don't forget to input them in Cheat Engine later.

4. Now we must calculate the actual ROM. Using a Hex calculator, add 800000 to the RAM address that you just saw. The 800000 in PPSSPP is actually PSP memory, and can't be physically searched as far as cwcheats are concerned. The result of the math problem is the start of User memory, in other words the ROM memory. [Note: If you use the search function in ZSNES, it actually searches the user memory to find codes.]

Result: [C3EEC70000+800000] = C3EF470000

4b. Now we need to calculate the end of the ROM. Using the previous result, add either 1800000 (if you are searching by way of a PSP-1000 emulation) or 3800000 (if you are using the PSP-2000/3000 setting in your emulator). For the sake of this guide, I will be using the PSP-1000 emulation setting:

Result: [C3EF470000+1800000] = C3F0C70000

[optional: If you have already linked Cheat Engine (see step 5) to the PPSSPP process, input the results into the Memory Scan address start (4a) and end (4b).]

5. Inside Cheat Engine, click the glowing box on the left. This will open up a process list. Find PPSSPP on that list.

6. Input the results from (4a) and (4b) into the start and end addresses, remember to fill in the six zeroes in both addresses that I told you to ignore earlier.

6b. If you are unsure how many bytes your code will eventually have, use the drop down menu and select ALL.

7. In your game, find the value that you wish to search for inside Cheat Engine and search for it. In the featured game example, my value is 143, and my first search yielded 18,639 results.

8. Modify the value in any shape or form and input the result into Cheat Engine. Be sure to click the Next Scan button instead of New Scan, or else you will lose all your progress and have to start over from step 7.

Result address: C3EFDD3F40

Phase 2: Format the address for cwcheat format.

9. Take the result from step 8 and subtract the ROM Start address in a Hex calculator. The result will be the cwcheat address.

Result: [C3EFDD3F40-C3EF470000] = 963F40

10. Now we need to determine, in hex, what the value that you want the game to display. In the example, I want 999 hearts maximum, so in hex it is 3E7 as the display value. In cwcheat it is 0x000003E7. We have half the code already.

11. Using the result in step 9, we need to determine what size bit that the code requires. Your options are 0x0 (for an 8 bit code), 0x1 for 16 bit codes and finally 0x2 for a 32 bit code. Personally, this requires a bit of experimentation, but in this case, the address portion of the code in the example is 0x10963F40

Congratulations, you have discovered a cwcheat.

For Max hearts in Symphony of the Night portion of Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles:

_L 0x10963F40 0x000003E7
11-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Can't activate cheats on GTA vice city stories ( PC )
I created the folder, i moved the text into the file, everything shows, the cheats are there in the list, i can choose to activate them or deactivate, problem is how do i reload for the game to actually see them ?
for example i have 2nd wanted lvl, i click to activate the "never wanted" cheat, come back to the game but nothing happens.
I'm running ppsspp 1.1.1 on PC, on older versions there was an option to reload the cheats in order for them to activate, now there is a refresh rate option for which i changed the values from default 77 to 1, and neither option activates the cheats.
11-12-2015, 03:44 PM
Merged.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
12-09-2015, 08:36 PM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2015 08:48 PM by lanelmoa.)
I M using ppsspp 1.0.1 ver and the cwcheat i added don t work

And if anyone have time can use cwcheat on my save file(i ll post it and you will post it when you have finished) just using max dp and i ll retrieve my save file

how to send files please i searched but didn t found