Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PS Vita Emulator for Windows (FAKE)
05-20-2013, 05:20 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2013 05:30 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
RE: PS Vita Emulator for Windows
(05-20-2013 05:14 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  Fair enough. I see your point. The baseline for ARM devices would still be pretty high though, which would be an ARM device with a quad core CPU as part of their SOC. Which would exclude so many of the older ARM devices with single core and dual core CPUs. That's what I meant.

You're not for example, going to see a SGS2 emulate a Vita like it can a PSP.

There's a general mistake that more cores = more performance. Infact in the case of Androids/ARM based it's the opposite, they just trade off weaker per core clocks with a higher headroom for multithreading which is something not reaaally usefull for gaming.

(05-20-2013 05:14 AM)solarmystic Wrote:  Also, having the same instruction set as the target platform that you're trying to emulate doesn't always make it easier.

Take a look at the XBOX 1 emulation's progress for example. Much was said about how easy it'd be to emulate since it's using the x86 Intel CPU instruction set which is well documented and known and a NVIDIA Geforce 3 NV2A variant.

To this day progress made is still nearly zilch. There were a few attempts to emulate it, and they've gone nowhere far. I'm still waiting to play DOA:XBV and DOA 3 on my PC. I suspect I'll have to continue to dust out the ol' XBOX now and again to get my fix.

The fact that something is possible and that it's relatively easier does not mean that it will happen and that all problems are dealt. The problem with XBOX emulation is that there is no interest by developers that have the knowledge to emulate it since most of the titles are cross platform and there is atleast one version available for PC or a console that has an emulator and the ones that are not are not considered worth for investing time on a time consuming concept like that. Simply said, the console exclusives that never got released into any other platform are so little that I bet any developer would have better ways to kill his time than working on an emulator just for them.
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: PS Vita Emulator for Windows - sfageas - 05-20-2013, 12:00 AM
RE: PS Vita Emulator for Windows - xsacha - 05-20-2013, 12:41 AM
RE: PS Vita Emulator for Windows - xsacha - 05-20-2013, 08:52 AM
RE: PS Vita Emulator for Windows - VIRGIN KLM - 05-20-2013 05:20 AM
RE: PS Vita Emulator for Windows - Henrik - 05-20-2013, 06:02 AM