Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Z.H.P Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
12-11-2013, 06:53 PM
RE: Z.H.P Unlosing Ranger vs Darkdeath Evilman
And that's fixed it.

Goodness, I feel technically inept with these simple fixes.

Thank you very much, mate.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2013, 07:11 PM
No problem. What ended up looking best to you? Just curious.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
12-12-2013, 09:58 AM
Auto upscale /w nearest filter. Turned PP shaders off, because it was taking away 5 FPS without actually sharpening anything. Other than that, default. Deposterize, 16X AA, etc.
02-21-2015, 05:30 PM
Just found out that on lately builds there are some issues related with voices, you can test it just by starting a new game and listening to the intro, it seems that every time an audio dialogue is played, the successive one is skipped. I don't know if this issue is present on other games too.

Since English is not my first language sorry for some misspelling on my posts
04-18-2015, 07:59 PM (This post was last modified: 04-18-2015 08:00 PM by warpig.)
(02-21-2015 05:30 PM)Gurlok Wrote:  Just found out that on lately builds there are some issues related with voices, you can test it just by starting a new game and listening to the intro, it seems that every time an audio dialogue is played, the successive one is skipped. I don't know if this issue is present on other games too.
I'm having the same problem.

I'd like to add that it also seems to fast-forward cutscenes, since no voices play and thus the game seems to think the line was already read by the narrator. This is very obvious in the short cutscene before the Title screen, after the narrator finishes his "This game only has one battle sequence" intro.

I spent over an hour changing different settings and testing and at one point I managed to fix it temporarily by changing SOMETHING, but I can't remember what it was because after a couple of minutes the fix stopped working and I couldn't get it to work right again, and then I proceeded to test other settings and now everything is a blur. It might have been in hte system settings, but I'm not sure. Right now I'm too tired and disheartened to continue, so hopefully someone can figure something out.
04-19-2015, 12:12 AM
Did this always happen? If not, what's the first build it started happening in, and the last build it didn't happen in?

-[Unknown]
04-19-2015, 05:22 AM
(04-19-2015 12:12 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Did this always happen? If not, what's the first build it started happening in, and the last build it didn't happen in?

-[Unknown]
I can't help with that. I only started using this emulator, the latest stable Windows version, two days ago.

Hopefully somebody else can answer.
04-19-2015, 06:56 AM
The builds are all available on the buildbot page:

http://buildbot.orphis.net/ppsspp/index.php?m=fulllist

Whether you started using it recently or not. The best way to narrow down when a problem started is by halves. Start with a build halfway in between the one you know works and the one that doesn't. Then go up or down by half. With 1000 changes to search between, this will take about 10 tries.

-[Unknown]
04-19-2015, 10:58 AM
(04-19-2015 06:56 AM)[Unknown] Wrote:  Whether you started using it recently or not. The best way to narrow down when a problem started is by halves. Start with a build halfway in between the one you know works and the one that doesn't. Then go up or down by half. With 1000 changes to search between, this will take about 10 tries.
Okay, so I did that and found out that the problem started in the transition from build v0.9.9.1-1591-ga675139 to build v0.9.9.1-1592-g4ebdf49

But out of curiosity I decided to check the latest build and the sound and cutscenes worked properly, so I started checking more builds to determine when exactly it was fixed. Apparently it was fixed in one of the changes between build v1.0.1-221-g62e621f and build v1.0.1-224-g0978500

It seemed to be an FFmpeg thing.

Anyway, it seems I'll have to use one of these latest builds if I want to properly play this game. Thank you very much for your help.
04-19-2015, 01:37 PM
Ah, great. Yeah, that change did fix several other games as well.

-[Unknown]
06-25-2016, 04:33 PM
I'm having some problems with the game, I'm in the tutorial stage and when I go to hit an enemy the game freezes and the ppsspp screen is all distorted.
02-07-2021, 12:23 AM
[BUG] When in dungeons, the minimap does not update the player character's position when they move east-and-west -- only when they move north-and-south. Very bizarre bug.

I've tried in both version 1.10.3 and the nightly build. Same behavior.

This bug is also mentioned at https://www.reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAndr..._psp_game/ . I'm using the Windows version of PPSSPP, however.

I intend to record and upload a brief clip of this bug in action and will post again once I have done so. In the meantime, I'd appreciate any suggestions. The game seems to run completely fine, otherwise.

Elaboration: this is a tile-based game where the player character can only move in 4 directions. The camera can be rotated 90 degrees at a time, so any d-pad direction can move the character in any direction, depending on rotation. In this case, the rotation nor d-pad button pressed has no bearing; all that matters is the absolute direction that the character is moving. If he moves along ONE axis, the minimap will update with his new position after each movement. If he moves along the OTHER axis, the minimap will not update to reflect his new position until he makes a move along that first axis, again.