Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a way to deactivate the gamepad?
05-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Is there a way to deactivate the gamepad?
Since PPSSPP doesn´t offer custom key mapping for gamepads, I have to resort to Xpadder. The problem is, that PPSSPP´s and Xpadder´s input overlap, so my controls in any game are a huge mess.
A workaround is to unplug the gamepad before starting PPSSPP and everything is fine, but that´s a bit inconvenient.

So is there any way to tell PPSSPP "There´s no gamepad available" without unplugging it every time before I want to play?
Find all posts by this user
05-14-2013, 10:41 AM
RE: Is there a way to deactivate the gamepad?
plug gamepad in a broken usb port ( unrecognized one )
05-14-2013, 08:05 PM
(05-14-2013 06:59 AM)Saibak Wrote:  Since PPSSPP doesn´t offer custom key mapping for gamepads, I have to resort to Xpadder. The problem is, that PPSSPP´s and Xpadder´s input overlap, so my controls in any game are a huge mess.
A workaround is to unplug the gamepad before starting PPSSPP and everything is fine, but that´s a bit inconvenient.

So is there any way to tell PPSSPP "There´s no gamepad available" without unplugging it every time before I want to play?

Maybe I don't understand your problem very well, but I'm using Xpadder to remap the keys on my gamepad and I have no problem at all, I made a tutorial here if you want Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-15-2013, 07:44 AM
Maybe I have to rephrase my problem.
  • Without Xpadder = Some buttons on my gamepad are in the wrong order.
  • With Xpadder = PPSSPP´s pre-configured gamepad configuration AND Xpadder´s gamepad configuration are active at the same time. Example: I press "Sqaure" on my gamepad and in any games it´s like I pressed "Square" and "X" at the same time.

What I want to do ist to deactivate the gamepad in PPSSPP.
05-15-2013, 08:09 AM
to fix this you need to use x360ce, but you got 2 options here :
First : Map your joystick buttons in the x360ce and then you will be able to play fine.
Second : Open it and go to advanced tab then click the native mode, then your controller is disabled in ppsspp so you can use xpadder normally.

Hope it helps Smile

As long as you put your heart in something, It never goes in vein.
05-15-2013, 11:42 AM
(05-15-2013 07:44 AM)Saibak Wrote:  Maybe I have to rephrase my problem.
  • Without Xpadder = Some buttons on my gamepad are in the wrong order.
  • With Xpadder = PPSSPP´s pre-configured gamepad configuration AND Xpadder´s gamepad configuration are active at the same time. Example: I press "Sqaure" on my gamepad and in any games it´s like I pressed "Square" and "X" at the same time.

What I want to do ist to deactivate the gamepad in PPSSPP.

I think it's because you forget to choose the XInput mode in PPSSPP, look at this :

1. Launch "PPSSPPWindows.exe".
2. Click on the "Options" tab >> "Controls".
3. In front of "Force device :", choose "XInput" and click on the OK button.

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Looks like I found the solution. I forgot about the little switch on the back of my Logitech Rumble Pad 2, which lets me switch from XInput to Direct Input. I changed the position to XInput and now the buttons work in the correct order without the help of Xpadder.
05-17-2013, 04:19 PM
(05-16-2013 11:23 AM)Saibak Wrote:  Looks like I found the solution. I forgot about the little switch on the back of my Logitech Rumble Pad 2, which lets me switch from XInput to Direct Input. I changed the position to XInput and now the buttons work in the correct order without the help of Xpadder.

I didn't know about a switch on a gamepad...

♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
Thread Closed