RE: Secret Agent Clank
Goes ingame but has the same issues as Ratched & Clank

Moved

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 04:19 PM
If you set the framebuffer to CPU or GPU the screen does not darkening but the character(Clank) is not visible,only his eyes and shadow are visible.Problem with shadows on other characters shown as square boxes

11-19-2013, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 01:52 PM by Blackord.)
On 9.5 it's playable without flickering screen on "buffered rendering mode". "Ratchet and Clank - Size Matters" works the same way as well.

--- Favorite games: Monster Hunter Series ---
11-19-2013, 03:03 PM
(11-19-2013 01:50 PM)Blackord Wrote:  On 9.5 it's playable without flickering screen on "buffered rendering mode". "Ratchet and Clank - Size Matters" works the same way as well.

Moved Smile

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
11-22-2013, 05:29 PM
updated compatibility list

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
07-06-2014, 03:57 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 04:03 AM by chrissychrisschirs.)
hey people! Tongue im so glad to have found this emulator its great, so far ive tried 2 games. they work fantastically but...one in specific does this wierd thing. the secret agent clank one blackens the screen when i attack boxes and after i attack the dogs(so when the blow up). i dont know what to do...Huh and i found this, i dont exactly know what the 9.5 thing means so i cant try that but i have tried those other things. im currently using the latest ppsspp it comes with 2 psp models in it {dont know if thats relevant but they are "1000, and 2000/3000" i could try to post photos of it but i dont think they could show my deliema. btw how do i upload a picture from my computer??....never mind just saw it before i posted Tongue.

i cant add the other photo, but basically its like the first one but with bolts coming out. the black screen lasts about 3-5 seconds per box i guess. hope anybody can help.

08-01-2014, 10:17 PM
Game loads and you can play through the first level to the ending cutscene in 0.9.9 but when you watch the "Ratchet in Prison talking to the Warden" cutscene, at the end where it is supposed to load the next stage it gets stuck on a black screen.

No errors in the log console nor warnings so I am honestly stumped as to what is causing this issue.
08-30-2014, 08:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-2014 08:20 PM by T4bMinChar5.)
PPSSPP repeats this message endlessly:
57:04:642 rcp level ma I[KERNEL]: HLE/sceKernelMemory.cpp:1135 sceKernelPrintf: C:\HIG\PROJECTS\RCP1\ART\CHARACTERS\Clank\data\textures\AGENTclank_Lo.gim is a big texture (17744 bytes). Make sure this texture really needs to be bigger than 8kb.
I needed to pkill -9 PPSSPPSDL to make it stop.
I attached a savegame, when you load it, it crashes like this right away. When I start a new game, it crashes after the loading sequence (space ship flying towards a planet, then black screen).
PPSSPP version: commit cdbcc12a4efd588129af879a3b2c13668599d569 (newest from git as of writing).
The game is a .cso.
I'm running LMDE (i.e. Debian-testing-like system).
I played around with settings quite a lot, nothing changed. If I knew where the settings are saved I would have uploaded a copy of them, too.

Attached File(s)
.zip  UCET01101DATA0.zip (Size: 330 KB / Downloads: 948)
06-23-2015, 01:49 AM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2015 04:16 AM by rmcin329.)
Game is working great in version 1.0.1 607-ga5cfd1a 64 bit version. I'm running on windows 7 professional 64 bit. I get slight lag from time to time, but otherwise seems to run fantastic. Mostly it lags a bit when say Ratchet is fighting a particularly large amount of enemies at the arena, though that is easily solved by killing 2 or 3 of them. During the Rionosis mission though I have encountered somewhat more serious lag. During the part of the game where you are on the gondolas and there is the helicopter flying around plus a lot of enemies coming after you the game seems to constantly run at between 85-95% with occasionally being at 100% though that lasts all of 1 second before dropping again. I've tried both direct3D and openGL both run about the same speed at that area. Frame skipping ends up making things quite choppy and makes things drastically worse on any setting for it. Any suggestions for what I can try settings wise? Rendering resolution is set to auto. Rendering mode is set to buffered as that is the only one that doesn't encounter glitches with the game. All other rendering modes encounter very nasty glitches, I can go into more detail if desired.

EDIT
Forgot to mention i'm using the US version of the game. Also noteworthy, the game freezes up the emulator if I try to save a state.

EDIT AGAIN
There is also a graphical glitch going on during this part of the game, no idea if its related to the slowdowns or not, but I haven't found a setting that fixes it, screenshot below. Basically you can see something the engine flames that would normally be orange(most of them are blue), turn green when they aren't directly in Clank's line of sight. Too lazy to check if this is normal on an actual psp or not, but i'd think not.

[Image: Secret%20agent%20clank%20glitch.png]
06-24-2015, 09:37 PM
I had no glitches or slowdowns in those sections, try setting bezier curves to low, I have it set and both Secret Agent Clank and Ratchet and Clank Size Matters (same engine) work great.
06-24-2015, 11:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-25-2015 12:53 AM by rmcin329.)
hmmn i had bezier curves set to high. Changing it to low doesn't make a difference. I have to wonder if maybe its just my graphics card, its an nvidia GT 620. Parts of that level that didn't have the gondolas ran just fine, just the sections with them seemed to have some slowdown.
06-26-2015, 06:44 PM
Try setting the resolution to 1xPSP maybe your pc can't handle it. I game on my laptop and therefore always set the resolution to low. Idk man
02-13-2016, 07:19 PM
Save State Freeze\Crash
Hello everyone.

I am having an irritating situation in some games (only played three so far) in my PPSPP.

My emulator's version is PPSPP 1.1.1 Gold.

The problem is this: when I save state (either by pressing F2 or by the menu) at certian points in games, the emulator will stop responding and freeze.

Exiting and re-opening the emulator when loading the save state will load it into a black screen, but the emulator will function properly.

Here is a screenshot from a situation where this will always occur, the game in the Screenshot is Secret Agent Clank (E).

Here is my system information provided by the emulator, in case the problem is at my end.

02-13-2016, 09:44 PM
RE: Save State Freeze\Crash
Try the latest git build instead. We fixed a bug that causes crashes in I think the game you posted a screenshot of.

-[Unknown]