low nds4droid
05-12-2013, 02:22 PM
low nds4droid
I was tinking way nds4droid lag as hell

Because gba emulator work great in android phone even low end ones

and ppsspp work in armv6 phones with decent speed

First time i tray nds emulator was so looow even in the S3

so whay ? its becaise developer stil can costomise the emulator

or its need a super new generation phone like the S4??

sorry for my baaaaad english ^^
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 03:15 PM
RE: low nds4droid
I think it's because nds4droid is built based on Desemume, which while great, is not yet perfect. For example, turbo mode doesn't even work properly on Desemume running on a high end pc, but turbo mode for ps2 and psp emulators work almost flawlessly on similar pcs. So basically, if you port something that's still a work in progress, what you're gonna end up with is a very slow app. But don't worry; nds4droid has improved tremendously since the early builds and will likely continue to do so.
05-12-2013, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-12-2013 03:19 PM by brujo55.)
(05-12-2013 02:22 PM)slamandar Wrote:  I was tinking way nds4droid lag as hell

Because gba emulator work great in android phone even low end ones

and ppsspp work in armv6 phones with decent speed

First time i tray nds emulator was so looow even in the S3

so whay ? its becaise developer stil can costomise the emulator

or its need a super new generation phone like the S4??

sorry for my baaaaad english ^^

on new update max fps is 30-40 on 3d games like pokemon,zelda.

galaxy s3
05-12-2013, 03:24 PM
It needs a properly written ARM JIT. Previous builds used interpreter or a very rougly written ARM JIT that had almost no speed gain compared to Interpreter and it was so buggy it wasn't even worth it. Things should change slowly.
05-25-2013, 05:07 PM
NDS4DROID what happen is it dead ??!!!

ther no updat >_<
05-25-2013, 07:48 PM
It has been just a few days since the last update, lol.
Calm down, people have lives to live and stuff to do, before it'd take a monthe or even more to release a single update, so be grateful instead that jeffq has been releasing them more often now.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
05-25-2013, 08:04 PM
(05-25-2013 07:48 PM)kenny43 Wrote:  It has been just a few days since the last update, lol.
Calm down, people have lives to live and stuff to do, before it'd take a monthe or even more to release a single update, so be grateful instead that jeffq has been releasing them more often now.

yes i know but it will take a long time before we can play pokemon or gokden sun DD

in regular speed

i seed that because i afraid Jeff give up the projet

And sorry for being roud
05-26-2013, 12:10 AM
Maybe 2d games run much better on nds4droid?

"Embrace your dreams. If you want to be a hero you need to have dreams... and honor."
—Angeal Hewley
05-26-2013, 12:19 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 12:19 AM by kenny43.)
They do, for example pokemon on 3D emulation runs on 20-30 fps for me, but then in battle (2D) it runs at 60fps straight, even underclocked.

-Samsung galaxy S3 International version - Android 4.4.2
-Dual Core locked CPU, Clocked at 1Ghz-1.8Ghz
-Mali 400MP4 GPU Clocked from 160Mhz to 533Mhz
-1GB ram, boo..
05-29-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm playing 999 with that emulator right now and it runs 50-60 fps at all times. it's the only game I've tried so far. I might give devil survivor 2 here in a few minutes and see how it runs.
05-30-2013, 09:12 AM
(05-25-2013 08:04 PM)slamandar Wrote:  i seed that because i afraid Jeff give up the projet

even if he would. here ist the code, so everybody can continue his work:

http://sourceforge.net/p/nds4droid/code/ci/master/tree/
06-06-2013, 07:16 AM
Looks like people are asking help, they even asked from PPSSPP community, anyone care to help?
http://jeffq.com/blog/theforums/topic/de...rm-jit-co/
06-06-2013, 06:00 PM
look like Jeff has back and the emulator is on progress :

http://jeffq.com/blog/theforums/topic/re...34-update/
06-07-2013, 02:15 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2013 02:18 AM by zxcvbad.)
I was looking for the answer myself - why it's so hard to emulate ds? Looks like the best explanation comes from user TnA on nds4droid forums:

"I think the emulator could be quite fast already, but actually there are atleast 2 main-problems remaining.
One problems is syncing the emulated hardware, so one thread must wait for another, until it is ready…
Another problem is, that NDS4Droid is PORTED.
Portable applications are not as efficiently using the hardware as native applications due to multiple reasons.

One of them is, that it doesn’t call the hardware directly thus going through a lot abstraction-layers (DirectX-HAL is an example for a “hardware-abstraction-layer”, but an AL is everywhere where a Programm calls a function instead of directly instructing the Hardware).

On an OperationSystem a call goes through atleast 5-6ALs.

The other is, that you can’t optimize a portable app to the hardware. Well you can, but not to the extend of a native app and also there is the fact that optimizations are possibly not “back-portable”, or the optimized ported app looses capability to sync source with the main fork (original app, where the optimized app is based on).

For example: An N64-Emulator is technically possible on a PS2(!), but a ported emulator would not be possible on that hardware.
Either just with a shit-load of optimisations, or with many drawbacks.
Now since the Homebrew-SDK for PS2 barely deserves (don’t get me wrong… You can do stuff with it, but even after 11-12years it is not that good…) the name and since there are only very few skilled devs available for PS2, you see why there is no N64-Emu for PS2, but a ported emulator for XBOX(1)."

Me personally waiting for Jeff will continue to work on Exophase jit, and mainly for Exophase will release he's drastic by the end of the year, that's what means to be native.
06-07-2013, 04:23 AM
ahah that's why ppsspp is a winner from the start.

Supporting all platform by default and optimizing everything at the same time for every single platform is the way to go....
But how do the devs should I've know that cellphone will take this kind of path?

Anyway, in the following years, we will probably see change in the current emulators (pcsx2, dolphin, dunno...) to something more flexible and efficient just like ppsspp and ps3pcx...

Dolphin have already started the work for this... but for pcsx2... it will probably much more time... and nds emulator will follow for sure Wink

have a nice day Wink

Hey everybody, tired of the way games are reported here? look here ->> http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5901

--Current Mobile device--
Htc one, Xplay, Walkman z, Samsung ace IIx (crap)

--Current Computer--
1x (e8200, shitty ram (3go), 9600gt)
1x (e6750, better ram (2go), no video card)
1x (i5-3210M, ram (4Go),650M)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user