Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
[Request][Developers] Playstation 2 Emulator
12-04-2012, 02:59 PM
[Request][Developers] Playstation 2 Emulator
Have you developed an emulator for PSP, think you have the ability to develop a PS2. I wanted to make this request, I know it is more difficult, because the PS2 has more graphics heavy and detailed, but I think you can. Please respond, or can you not?
I appreciate the attention.

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2012, 03:13 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 03:14 PM by Vincentmrl.)
RE: [Request][Developers] Playstation 2 Emulator
it would be awesome, but I think they are gonna focus on ppsspp for a while until it gets in a good phase. An emu made by Henrik would own PCSX2's lazy developers.

and if you thought I hate PCSX2, I hate developers's lazyness, I posted a topic on the bugs section and they literally ignored it but it had 340 views, other topics all got a reply, even a PCSX2 0.9.7 new post, that's crazy
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
If you think the PCSX2 developers are lazy, you're crazy. They've done an incredible job emulating the most difficult-to-emulate console around. Your bug report probably was missing important info or otherwise didn't make sense.

I have no interest in emulating the PS2.
12-04-2012, 03:54 PM
(12-04-2012 03:42 PM)Henrik Wrote:  If you think the PCSX2 developers are lazy, you're crazy. They've done an incredible job emulating the most difficult-to-emulate console around. Your bug report probably was missing important info or otherwise didn't make sense.

I have no interest in emulating the PS2.

actually it had all info and was posted like they want people to, it got the 340 views and no one replied, and it's a game that had requested support since years ago, if you want to know, that game is Klonoa 2, buggiest emulated game I've ever tried on PCSX2
12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
and just because nobody replied to one topic they are lazy? maybe they spend all their time on coding and testing rather than type every day on the forum and probably they already know that your game is buggy (like many others) but writing about it won't change nothing. be cool and enjoy what they accomplished Smile
12-04-2012, 04:50 PM
(12-04-2012 04:35 PM)JumperTwo Wrote:  and just because nobody replied to one topic they are lazy? maybe they spend all their time on coding and testing rather than type every day on the forum and probably they already know that your game is buggy (like many others) but writing about it won't change nothing. be cool and enjoy what they accomplished Smile

by saying lazy I mean (like I specified before) that they don't even want to think about this game or something, because all the topics on the bugs section got many replies, even if it was a bug fixed time ago, aka they give help.
Anyway after I posted a bump on the topic, they finally replied, probably the 300 people that saw the post weren't any of them mods.
Anyway I show respect to the mods, I was just sad that no one cared about my topic because I'm wanting to play that game so bad and I wanted to share these strange bugs I got on it.

ONTOPIC: Henrik, after ppsspp gets good enough, are you thinking about making a future emulator?
12-04-2012, 05:50 PM
I think creating a nds emulator makes more sense, that emu should run in the current phones, anyways lets henrick do this emulator and when it is finished maybe he will want to make another... he is doing an incredible job.
12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
(12-04-2012 05:50 PM)f3w1n Wrote:  I think creating a nds emulator makes more sense, that emu should run in the current phones, anyways lets henrick do this emulator and when it is finished maybe he will want to make another... he is doing an incredible job.

lol you asked this for me, I didn't want to ask because there is already a ds emu called nds4droid, except the developer isn't doing anything since september 30, that's probably because people would argue for random things in the comments section, comments have been closed and the emu was near to having a dynarec on android and games going 60fps (because it's basically a port of desmume to android). Stupid people always ruin everything
12-04-2012, 07:12 PM
(12-04-2012 06:00 PM)Vincentmrl Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 05:50 PM)f3w1n Wrote:  I think creating a nds emulator makes more sense, that emu should run in the current phones, anyways lets henrick do this emulator and when it is finished maybe he will want to make another... he is doing an incredible job.

lol you asked this for me, I didn't want to ask because there is already a ds emu called nds4droid, except the developer isn't doing anything since september 30, that's probably because people would argue for random things in the comments section, comments have been closed and the emu was near to having a dynarec on android and games going 60fps (because it's basically a port of desmume to android). Stupid people always ruin everything

Completely agree, thats really sad... btw desmume is coded in c++ and its opensourc (just saying) Smile
12-04-2012, 07:42 PM
zxcvbad, well...even, you could see it in action, but for now i rather call it "tool for PS3 architecture research", than emulator. Wink

Intel Core i5-760 [email protected] / Hynix 1x2Gb + 1x4Gb DDR3-1333 / Zotac GeForce GTX 470 AMP! / Windows 7 SP1 RTM x86
12-04-2012, 10:46 PM
I think until the PSP emulator is stable, we still have until 5 months later, and after it is finished. We have 1 more year to enjoy all PSP games in our android, Smile
and when this issue later in the android and their nuclei and other, recently no one could speak of a PS2 emu, you think?? more could come is an Xperia Play 2 in the future (not short term)
12-05-2012, 03:00 AM
If anyone is interested in PS2 on Android, I made a topic on the PCSX2 forums a while ago. A couple developers contacted me and said they wanted to try to port it.

It's really in depth, but the devs of PCSX2 said it will be very hard to port to ARM architecture. Instead, I came up with an idea to port to x86 Android and the devs said that it could be possible and way easier than porting to ARM. The downfall of this is that it will only be useable on the "rare" x86 Androids that are out there. ARM is possible too, but it will be hard to port and will need good skill.

Building an emulator from the ground up will be hard too, but I don't really know about any of this so don't go asking me for advice about developing.

If there are any devs that are interested, then feel free to contact me and say you'll try it out. I'll introduce you to the other dev involved.

Here's the thread: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-on-Android
12-05-2012, 03:39 PM
We have two barely working NDS emulators and a PSP emulator that's going strong as it is, a PS2 emulator on our current ARM devices just isn't going to happen. The work it would take to port one in addition to the hell one would have to pay with the drastic power difference with ARM is just too much, but I'll be amazed if anyone even attempts to do it anytime soon.

Google Nexus 4 | Adreno 320 | Android 4.2.2
iPad 2 | iOS 6.1
[Dead] HTC Sensation | Adreno 220 | Android 4.2.1
12-05-2012, 09:50 PM
(12-04-2012 07:12 PM)f3w1n Wrote:  
(12-04-2012 06:00 PM)Vincentmrl Wrote:  

Completely agree, thats really sad... btw desmume is coded in c++ and its opensourc (just saying) Smile

nds4droid, if you check the sourceforge link, was updated on the 16 of November. Quesnelle might have added the dynarec, but I can't tell because the downloads only go up to release 13 and I don't know how to compile from source off of sourceforge. http://sourceforge.net/projects/nds4droid/
12-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Just be patient in regards to this sort of thing...

Look at Android now. Almost every emulator that could even remotely run on Android has been ported.

There is even a very early Yabause build out

NullDC is coming along nicely but the devs have been very secretive on when and how they will release the app

In addition to the two current NDS emulators on Android (NDS4droid being the better IMO). I know of at least 2 others being developed by proven developers who have made more progress than Dsoid or NDS4droid.

Give it time and more emulators will pop up.

In the meanwhile if u are just dying to emulate PS2 on Android check out Kainy

I beat FFX on my cell phone using Kainy. Kainy is a bit tough to setup but once u get it going it works like a dream (over WIFI/4G)

Android is really fortunate to have sooo much support for emulators. IOS & WP are much further behind in this regard (due to the tight control by their creators over apps).

Thanks for your wonderful work here Henrik !
Thread Closed