Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
10-25-2013, 03:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-25-2013 03:46 PM by Shinox.)
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
I'm surprised .. is the CwCheats are no longer supported in PPSSPP ?

Even if i put cheats on the MemStick folder its still doesn't show anything !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2013, 07:51 PM
(10-25-2013 03:46 PM)Shinox Wrote:  I'm surprised .. is the CwCheats are no longer supported in PPSSPP ?

Even if i put cheats on the MemStick folder its still doesn't show anything !

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6847

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
10-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Mouse support for computers like in PCSX2! Sorry for bringing this up again but this doesn't seem to be included in the feature requests on the first page.
10-26-2013, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-26-2013 12:15 PM by naoan.)
(10-22-2013 11:24 PM)dlanor Wrote:  If it really is the JPCSP emulator that you want that feature in, then you need to contact the people involved with that emulator.

This forum is dedicated to PPSSPP, which is a PSP emulator not related to JPCSP.

As for using the ITH code in PPSSPP, that would require 'borrowing' the source code it uses, and somehow merging that into the PPSSPP sources, and that would require some consent from the ITH developers.

Simply using the existing ITH binary as-is would not work, since PPSSPP is a multi-platform project, while ITH is just a Windows DLL.

Also, from your description it appears that the emulator would also have to interact with other software for the translation (that 'chiitrans2' you mentioned), and I really don't think this is applicable for non-Windows platforms. (Though it could be done as a set of Windows-only options.)

Best regards: dlanor

No sorry I mean PPSSPP, I've been using JPCSP for the longest time before PPSSPP even existed I got it mixed up. Just recently came back to emulator world to play my PSP games with all the convenient emulator provide.

I don't think it would require source merging or such, I think PPSSPP just need to provide or have glyph output (or something like that) for ITH to latch on. It's also how ITH work with most (closed source) visual novel out there. And no chiitrans doesn't need any modification to any other software to use, it automatically catch clipboard (which ITH will refresh with the dialogue if properly configured), you can read several online guide out there if you're interested.

I dunno if it's feasible though, just kind of pity since we have many untranslated gem on PSP...
10-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Meh,I'm leaving for my exams and stuff like that(temporarily)...I'll be back on the last week of November with an all new(furnished) Feature Request Thread!

I don't exist anymore, no use calling a dead person
10-26-2013, 03:33 PM
The emulator is working perfectly but I'd live to have more than one Control Mapping to fast switch when play another game with different control setting. eg FFIV Crisis Code has control mode (most of it is just movement control) is very different from Monster hunter freedom Unite ..
10-26-2013, 11:34 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 10:48 AM by FireReaver.)
Pressing pause button again to go back to game, instead of pressing continue button

edit: Already working in newest version, thanks!
10-27-2013, 02:36 AM
(10-26-2013 12:10 PM)naoan Wrote:  I don't think it would require source merging or such, I think PPSSPP just need to provide or have glyph output (or something like that) for ITH to latch on. It's also how ITH work with most (closed source) visual novel out there. And no chiitrans doesn't need any modification to any other software to use, it automatically catch clipboard (which ITH will refresh with the dialogue if properly configured), you can read several online guide out there if you're interested.

You seem to have missed my main objection:
ITH and the other tools you mention are for Windows Only
But PPSSPP is a multi-platform project

There is no way to make a Windows dll work for Android or other non-Windows systems.
(Wine/DosBox emulation is not an option for running a console emulator.)

Quote:I dunno if it's feasible though, just kind of pity since we have many untranslated gem on PSP...

I agree with that, but I don't see how any Windows-specific tools can change that.

Also, in console games quite a lot of the text displayed is not handled as normal text character code sequences, but as special cases of graphics images and video streams, which no translation software of the kind you mention could cope with.

Best regards: dlanor
10-27-2013, 04:34 PM
It would be amazing if you guys bring back the old way in 0.9.5 Build to save /edit files and folders in the same directory and not on the Documents , i don't like these changes at all and i think other people don't like it too , its a little risky to put the files in a sensitive folder like this , we might lose all Documents files by any accident in the system .. please let the files stay on the original folder and not anything else because i format my computer recently and i lose all the files because of these changes because i thought all my save / cheats / savestates files were already in Directory D: :\
10-27-2013, 04:48 PM
making "Backup" before doing something, is the best thing. SmileBig GrinSmile

Reality is a Lovely Place, But i Wouldn't Wanna Live There..
• • gLoBe ~
10-27-2013, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2013 06:07 PM by TheDax.)
(10-27-2013 04:34 PM)Shinox Wrote:  It would be amazing if you guys bring back the old way in 0.9.5 Build to save /edit files and folders in the same directory and not on the Documents , i don't like these changes at all and i think other people don't like it too , its a little risky to put the files in a sensitive folder like this , we might lose all Documents files by any accident in the system .. please let the files stay on the original folder and not anything else because i format my computer recently and i lose all the files because of these changes because i thought all my save / cheats / savestates files were already in Directory D: :\

What are you going on about? PPSSPP doesn't move its stuff to your Documents folder by default, if you're using a git build (unless you put it in a read-only directory, because that's the only option that makes sense). it will if you use the upcoming installer version though (at 0.9.5's release), there's no other practical option. Appdata is hard to find and hidden by default, and Program Files is considered to be read-only. If you don't want it in the same folder or the Documents folder, use the installed.txt method.

If you had read the thread I showed you, you would've known all this, heh.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
10-28-2013, 07:35 AM
Nothing really .. i'm just criticizing these changes Confused
Sorry but The installed.txt is still pointless i did the exact same things in your guides before and its only shows Saves ( Only If i delete installed.txt & the PPSSPP Documents file ) .. Cheat's and savestates are still forced into the Documents even if i did your guide about the installed.txt file Undecided

Anyway , Can't wait for 0.9.5 whether i like it or not Big Grin
10-28-2013, 01:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 01:38 PM by TheDax.)
Cheats and savestates are being forced into the documents directory with no installed.txt? That's definitely a bug, then.

Edit: It's not happening for me..are you on Windows XP? Or does your Windows user name have spaces in it (can a Windows user name even have spaces? Not sure..)?

10-28-2013, 07:36 PM
I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit , Windows user name doesn't have spaces Big Grin
10-28-2013, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-28-2013 08:15 PM by vnctdj.)
Edit by vnctdj : Useless quote...

In regards to Arg247's request #30 how do you map the volume keys seeing as how it says the feature has been added.