Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
04-06-2016, 10:02 PM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
Hello!

Please could you add a feature that allows you to use the tilt feature in your phone as a thumbstick BUT! it only activate when holding down a button where the onscreen stick would be, allowing it to reset orientation when you take your thumb of it.

Just thinking about how good the zelda remakes for 3ds utilized the gyro for aiming makes me think the potential is there just un tapped.

THANK YOU!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2016, 08:37 AM
So I downloaded Drastic DS the other day and it had the option to place a game shortcut on your Android home screen...
What I found cool about this feature was that it used the actual game icon as the shortcut icon.
Epsxe also has this feature... It sets the CD cover as the shortcut icon
I think this would be a cool cosmetic feature for ppsspp along with the option to create game shortcut on your Android home screen instead of doing it through the widgets
This feature is purely cosmetic and has no real point... I just think it's really cool LoL

My specs
Redmi Note 10.
Check My Profile For Tested Games(Bio Section)
Testing multiplayer - MGS PW - God Eater - Dbz

Contact me on Twitter @BradEDias for help with ppsspp
04-12-2016, 11:00 AM
Hello, can you check meizu mx4 pro, I think something works bad on this phone, may be emulator doesn't see all cores of this model. Sorry for my bad English.
04-16-2016, 06:40 PM
I would absolutely love if we had a "Hold to increase max framerate" type thing. As in "Hold [button] to unthrottle game, but cap it at [framerate/speed].
04-17-2016, 02:23 AM
Is the toggle that does that not enough? It's tilda by default, and you can configure both the button and speed in the settings.

-[Unknown]
04-23-2016, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2016 12:31 PM by XxAleckxX.)
Can we do this with out controller because I cant seem to find it on ppsspp.ini on android

EDIT:Imean can I request for the feature the right analog stick bind for android without controller
04-29-2016, 03:51 PM
Can you add auto hold button on combo set config (like auto hold L/R button)
05-04-2016, 08:53 PM
I think there should be an option that allows you to change the memstick directory, this would be especially useful for smartphones. I, for example, have a Xperia which can run games on PPSSPP, but have really low internal storage. What makes it worse is that there are some games which can't be played without installation, making them impossible to play without rooting the device.

Another feature that would be good to have is memory stick ejection, I think JPCSP have this feature already, but you can't run JPCSP on a smartphone. There are some games that ask the user to eject the memory stick for a moment, as a piracy protection. Usually the game only asks you to do this the very first time you start the game (which afterwards, the game proceeds to install itself in the memory stick, I'm talking about Rewrite, Grisaia no Meikyuu, etc.).

I have been examinating the PPSSPP code in GitHub and I have found some trace of this memstick feature (straight from JPCSP) but it hasn't been fully implemented. I would love to do so, but my C++ (and overall) programming skills aren't that good yet. Also, sorry for my horrendous english.
05-05-2016, 04:20 AM
Next update suggestion
Dear Developers,

I want offer an opinion for the next PPSSPP update

#1: Save file limitation:

So i'm currently playing a game called Riviera The Promise Land, please correct me if i'm wrong that is it the save files (not save state) is only based on the game or is it based on the emulator? If it based on the emulator then can you (the developers) increase the save files limitation? like I don't know say 30-50 files? I kind of lost count how many current save files are there the PPSSPP allow to saved, Because some games like Riviera (GOW, Amagami, ect) has a very long story line and I need to save some of the stage or battle I want to go back and re-play that stage. If it based on the ROM of the game then please correct me.

#2: More save state:

Please give us more state to save, like about 10 is good enough for a lot of game.Like when we need save those memorable moment and want to re-load state those moment just for fun or something.

So those are my current situations.
Developers, Please consider my opinions, it will be a very good satisfaction for some users like me. Smile

Thank you for your time. Smile
05-05-2016, 07:35 AM
Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
05-07-2016, 08:27 AM
Doesnt work on s7
05-12-2016, 08:26 PM
It seems like it's been requested a few times, but is it possible to map the screenshot key to a different button? I'd like to bind it to my controller to make it easier to screencap during busy sequences.
05-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Could PPSSPP apply recommended preferences automatically to avoid or fix bugs?

Dolphin has a large database of games embedded in the emulator and can disable conflictive options in certain games to avoid known bugs. PCSX2 is able to do this too.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think PPSSPP can't do this... and it's a shame because PPSSPP has some useful hacks like Multithreaded that boosts the performance for a lot of games but it might be very problematic for some of them.

If the emulator could detect what options are recommended for the current game and apply them, it would safe us a lot of trouble and time to find the conflicting preference.
05-24-2016, 02:28 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2016 02:30 AM by [Unknown].)
Instead of trying to find creative ways to make the emulator not work correctly, we try to find creative ways to make the emulator work like a PSP does.

Most of the options in PPSSPP are one of:
* Speed hacks (things to make it buggier but faster)
* Enhancements (things to make it look better but buggier and slower)
* User choice (e.g. how buttons look or w/e)

Most enhancements are really user choice too. One person's garbage is another's gem and such.

But (most unfortunately) do we do actually have an internal database of some settings that fix issues in games that have been particularly challenging to emulate correctly on modern devices. These don't need to be user configurable really, and aren't. They are indeed automatically detected, and hopefully at some point we'll find a way to remove them and do this accurately.

So in other words, this is already done to some extent.

It's true that some games are hit harder by the "buggier" nature of certain speed settings than others. To some extent, this is a measure of tolerance: are you willing to disable some of the effects of the game to be able to play it at a good FPS?

Personally, I would just use the default settings, turn vertex cache off, and change the render resolution to 1x PSP. I have a bunch of games, and they all work fine that way. If I implemented a button that recommended the best settings for each specific game, it'd implement those settings for every game.

If you disagree, it's because your preferences are different than mine. That's why the emulator has preference settings.

Edit: that being said, we do gather statistics on the most commonly reported (when compatibility reporting is on) configurations when people rate the compatibility, so on a per-device level this feature might make sense... unfortunately not enough people use the feature to be likely to have recommendations for your specific device.

-[Unknown]
05-24-2016, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2016 09:31 PM by jDarkAngel.)
The only suggestion is for the android ver. there should be a shortcut to the ppsspp game. Like I'd like to sort my games by category (fighting, FPS, etc) on my home screen, which would include separate android games (not ppsspp games) like Dead trigger.

also I have a problem anyone that has the solution, please help me out. I like connecting my ps4 controller to play the ppsspp games (via bluetooth), but for some reasons the movements inputs got inverted somehow. I uploaded a youtube video showing the input issue, any kind enough to watch the vid and see if they can help out, it would be really appreciated. Anyway, the youtube video's title is "Android PPSSPP ps4 controller input problem. Need help! " I've tested the search, and it doesn't come up... just look for the channel "jdarkangei" (note the "i")instead. It's literally the only video I have uploaded.

I would post the link to the video, but apparently that's not allowed here.

I know this forum is for suggestion, but Idk where else to post this to find a solution. Any other forum where I should be posting problem related issues like this, please let me know as well.