Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
01-28-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
(01-25-2015 10:54 AM)Melkor Wrote:  This option is A MUST HAVE for the Cheats menu.
It will allow us to change code locking interval "cheat hz" so games can not change values by themselves once a code is activated.

Currently PPSSPP Cheat's engine doesn't freeze the codes the way it should be and the game changes values itself even if a code is activated thus leading to crashes/not working codes.

Please ADD this function.
Add the ability for users to set cheat hx in Micro Seconds (Code Locking Interval)

it seems this was just added in orphis builds, i still dont understand the difference... what if i set it low vs high? btw default is 77.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-28-2015, 06:39 AM
(01-28-2015 12:48 AM)iakoboss7 Wrote:  it seems this was just added in orphis builds, i still dont understand the difference... what if i set it low vs high? btw default is 77.

It's basically a delay between one write of the cheat and another in miliseconds. With some cheats you might sometimes want to have a fast refreshing rate(small number), however potentially on mobile devices, too fast refreshing could add enough weight to slow it down, althrough maybe not since even mobiles are pretty fast nowadays. There is however a potential issue with some cheats resulting in random freezes in-game happening from time to time which might be avoided by doing the opposite and slowing the refresh rate(higher number).

Generally you don't have to set this at all and default should most of the time be fine as it was before, it's there for people that know they need it or at least for those that like to experiment and decide for themselves.

http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=6594 - Custom PPSSPP Shaders!
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=3590&pid=117172#pid117172 - simple CE scripts to help creating CWCheats,
https://github.com/LunaMoo/PPSSPP_workarounds - CWCheat workarounds.
02-02-2015, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 10:30 PM by NicoBlog.)
I can't seem to map the fast forward (TAB) and screenshot button (F12) on a joystick.
I request that to be added to the "control mapping" menu.

Edit: I know it can be done with external programs but why? even the GBA emulator has this.
02-02-2015, 10:42 PM
I have it mapped just fine, it's called "alternate speed". As for screenshot, no clue.
02-03-2015, 02:58 AM
The buttons are:
Unthrottle - increase the speed as long as you hold the key(keyboard key is Tab)
Speed Toggle - pressing the button once,switches to the set alternative speed(keyboard key is ` )

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
02-04-2015, 08:19 AM
request for android: feature that can delete save state, so we dont need to go to our file manager to manualy delete the save state file on psp/savestate folder
02-04-2015, 03:32 PM
(02-04-2015 08:19 AM)denslife16 Wrote:  request for android: feature that can delete save state, so we dont need to go to our file manager to manualy delete the save state file on psp/savestate folder

+1 for pc as-well
02-08-2015, 07:40 AM
Request additonal control button ?
so i have this idea while i am playing my mhfu again .and it's hard to control camera with only one 4 arrow button in my left screen while my left thumb is for move using analog .so the idea is ,is that possible in further development you add more option in "Edit touch control layout" another adding button option ?maybe just with the the same size as "select" and "start" button or even smaller analog stick but when you press it, it will move left or right ?and yes i know you can just use joystick but not everyone have them like me .i hope you understand and sorry if it's confusing my english is bad
02-08-2015, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015 07:57 PM by VIRGIN KLM.)
I know I've asked that before but I'm gonna ask again since I think it's one of the least hard things to implement and it's going to give pretty nice results.

Alot of games (if not most) have alot of low quality audio samples (most of them ADPCM, or AT3/PCM audio samples that have a really low sample rate) that suffer from alot of aliasing due to the fact PSP doesn't do any kind of interpolation when it resamples audio (maybe nearest-neighbor), making some of the sounds way too sharp to the point giving you a headache (sword fx and hits in general) or voice samples/dialogs sound so aliased that could easily be passed as a PS1/GBA generation sound sample.

I think (toggleable) simple linear interpolation would give a super fast and nice solution for this issue.

PS: I personally prefer Linear interpolation on audio than Cubic/Hermite/Catmull since these tend to generate some artifacts/alIasing in an attempt to fool/cover the areas that some frequencies would be missing, which is something that's I'm not really fond of acousticaly. You can try to hear what I mean using Desmume's interpolation methods.
02-08-2015, 08:31 PM
The PSP definitely does do interpolation when resampling (in sceSas which most games use.) But, PPSSPP does not currently implement it. It seemed to use a fairly simple linear interpolation iirc which I was able to approximate, but people complained about it not sounding good so I reverted it. I'm not good with audio, so someone else can take a stab.

It might be interesting to allow "HD audio replacement" by hashing or something the audio samples, similar to the concept of HD textures. Could even replace soundtracks in games that way with remixes, etc.

-[Unknown]
02-08-2015, 10:50 PM
(02-08-2015 07:40 AM)zibonk Wrote:  so i have this idea while i am playing my mhfu again .and it's hard to control camera with only one 4 arrow button in my left screen while my left thumb is for move using analog .so the idea is ,is that possible in further development you add more option in "Edit touch control layout" another adding button option ?maybe just with the the same size as "select" and "start" button or even smaller analog stick but when you press it, it will move left or right ?and yes i know you can just use joystick but not everyone have them like me .i hope you understand and sorry if it's confusing my english is bad

Merged.

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
02-09-2015, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2015 12:17 AM by VIRGIN KLM.)
(02-08-2015 08:31 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  The PSP definitely does do interpolation when resampling (in sceSas which most games use.) But, PPSSPP does not currently implement it. It seemed to use a fairly simple linear interpolation iirc which I was able to approximate, but people complained about it not sounding good so I reverted it. I'm not good with audio, so someone else can take a stab.

Can you redirect me to the pull request? I have really limited knowledge on coding and I'm scared to death to submit stuff (I fear people will laugh at me) but I could give it a shot. Plus, you could always temporarily re-implement it and make it optional with ahceck box in the Audio menu, either way the Audio section is anything else but cluttered with stuff, nobody will be frustrated. Tongue

EDIT: Is it that? https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5361

(02-08-2015 08:31 PM)[Unknown] Wrote:  It might be interesting to allow "HD audio replacement" by hashing or something the audio samples, similar to the concept of HD textures. Could even replace soundtracks in games that way with remixes, etc.

-[Unknown]
I've been wanting that feature quite some time now, but I was affraid to ask because people would think that is stupid or not worth the effort, but in reality it could do justice on most games that have available their OST and the sound files from a different version, like Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep, you could grab the OST from the disc and replace those 90kbps-ish ATRAC3 steams, then grab all the SFX and Voice samples from Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix and it would feel and sound like a generation above.

Also imagine doing the same with textures, borrowing from the HD release, it would make the PS3 version obsolete. Tongue
02-09-2015, 02:50 AM
This is the pull:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5509
(it resamples different effects with different pitches.)

This is where it was reverted:
https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/pull/5551

-[Unknown]
02-09-2015, 11:32 AM
source ROMs from NAS - smb or nfs
02-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Add an option to lower the resolution

There is the "Rendering resolution, which contains these options:
-Auto (1:1)
-1x PSP
-2x PSP

You should add an option like 0.5x PSP. (So the half of 1x PSP.) With half the resolution, the games would run 2x faster.