Thread Rating:
  • 22 Votes - 4.36 Average
PPSSPP Feature Request Page
08-21-2013, 09:30 PM
RE: PPSSPP Feature Request Page
(08-21-2013 05:16 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  
(08-21-2013 11:57 AM)xZabuzax Wrote:  Anyways another +1 for you my good man for being awesome.

I have some minorly bad news, it's being removed from 0.9.1 official, but it'll be back shortly once we have the confirm/cancel buttons being bound to whatever you have set to CROSS/CIRCLE(and swapped based on your button preference), since you can bind anything to circle/cross.

TL; DR: Right click being a cancel button is being removed temporarily. You can still bind it to Pause(won't close the menu due to it not being a cancel button).

Well, if it's only temporary then i don't need to worry i guess... a couple of friends of mine tried that feature today and they loved it, they were saying that fiddling with the menus in PPSSPP was pretty fast and neat.

I just hope it gets added again since i was already getting used to it in PPSSPP too =/

[CPU]: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz
[GPU]: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5
[PSU]: EVGA SuperNOVA G1 1000W (80 Plus Gold)
[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz
[MOBO]: MSI Z97-GAMING 5
[PC CASE]: ENERMAX Ostrog GT (Red)
[CPU FAN]: Cooler Master: Hyper 212 EVO
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-21-2013, 09:37 PM
In Portuguese (called "Brasileiro" on emulator) language, not shows the guide "Homebrew & Demos" because the translation is bad. The recent is as "Jogos/Aplicativos Recentes" when could be translated just to "Recentes". Has many others bad translations, if I was developer, I would translated the emulator correctly. But looking at the .ini files on Windows, looks easy. But I saw someone saing that it is not working in New UI, it's really? But if it's false and if I tranlate somethings, some developers apply to me?

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-21-2013, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2013 09:53 PM by the_randomizer.)
(08-21-2013 05:29 PM)vsub_ Wrote:  
(08-21-2013 05:11 PM)the_randomizer Wrote:  ...but there are layering issues that have to be resolved with NPCs being behind counters/desks instead of in front of them

I don't really care about that problem but there is one game braking(kinda)problem
While playing battles this could happen:
1.When abused,the enemy are "way up in the skies" and I have to wait for them to decent to the earth to be able to hit them(if I don't have spells caster)
2.During battle,your characters may learn how to fly and once that happen,that character is no longer usable because he is going up and up to no end Angel ...which makes the battle more difficult.
3.This is more serious...the same thing may happens to the emenys which means if you don't have spells caster you have to either escape the battle or restart it if it's boss battle

Never had that happen, then again, I'm not too far into First Departure. There is a thread for the game, but don't bother, no one reads the bug reports that get posted in the official Star Ocean First Departure thread anyway Wink

Anyway, the team has done an excellent job and I hope a per-game option gets implemented, but it all depends on how hard it is to implement such a feature, but then again, this is the PPSSPP Team, they've done some crazy awesome programming for this emulator Tongue

CPU - Intel Core i5 3570 3.4/3.8 GHz (Turbo Boost)
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5
RAM - 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
HDD - 1 TB Western Digital 7200 RPM
08-22-2013, 02:08 PM
(08-21-2013 09:37 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  In Portuguese (called "Brasileiro" on emulator) language, not shows the guide "Homebrew & Demos" because the translation is bad. The recent is as "Jogos/Aplicativos Recentes" when could be translated just to "Recentes". Has many others bad translations, if I was developer, I would translated the emulator correctly. But looking at the .ini files on Windows, looks easy. But I saw someone saing that it is not working in New UI, it's really? But if it's false and if I tranlate somethings, some developers apply to me?

Maybe you can propose some fixes in your language here Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-22-2013, 02:24 PM
(08-22-2013 02:08 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  
(08-21-2013 09:37 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  In Portuguese (called "Brasileiro" on emulator) language, not shows the guide "Homebrew & Demos" because the translation is bad. The recent is as "Jogos/Aplicativos Recentes" when could be translated just to "Recentes". Has many others bad translations, if I was developer, I would translated the emulator correctly. But looking at the .ini files on Windows, looks easy. But I saw someone saing that it is not working in New UI, it's really? But if it's false and if I tranlate somethings, some developers apply to me?

Thanks!

Phones: Poco F3 8GB/256GB (Snapdragon 870 5G) and Redmi Note 6 Pro 4/64GB (Snapdragon 636)

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 16GB RAM DDR4 3600MHz / NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 6GB / Windows 10 Pro
08-22-2013, 02:41 PM
(08-22-2013 02:24 PM)GuilhermeGS2 Wrote:  
(08-22-2013 02:08 PM)vnctdj Wrote:  

Thanks!

You're welcome Wink

♦ Intel Core i7-6700HQ | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M | Debian Testing
♦ Intel Core i7-2630QM | 4 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M | Debian Testing
♦ PSP-3004 | 6.60 PRO-C2
08-22-2013, 03:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 04:35 PM by TheDax.)
(08-21-2013 09:30 PM)xZabuzax Wrote:  -bad news bears quote from dax-

When this is merged, just add the right mouse button as circle or cross(depending on if you use X or O to confirm, set the RMB as the opposite button) and it should behave the same as yesterday, except without being able to open the pause menu too. I can't get it to work both ways. It either opens the menu or only closes it/goes back in all other menus(in other words, it won't function entirely like escape). Sorry. Sad

Edit: It seems to be a bug that we can't use multiple buttons bound to one keyboard/controller key at once.

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-22-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm having issues getting PPSSPP to detect my controller. (See my topic for more details.)

PPSSPP should offer a list of all available controllers to choose from and set the controls for specifically. That way I would definitively know what's going on in relation to my own controller instead of blindly pressing buttons under the x360 or pad categories. It would also give people who have more than one kind of third party controller the ability to map controls specific to that controller.
08-22-2013, 08:12 PM
(08-22-2013 03:43 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  
(08-21-2013 09:30 PM)xZabuzax Wrote:  -bad news bears quote from dax-

When this is merged, just add the right mouse button as circle or cross(depending on if you use X or O to confirm, set the RMB as the opposite button) and it should behave the same as yesterday, except without being able to open the pause menu too. I can't get it to work both ways. It either opens the menu or only closes it/goes back in all other menus(in other words, it won't function entirely like escape). Sorry. Sad

Edit: It seems to be a bug that we can't use multiple buttons bound to one keyboard/controller key at once.

I tried the latest git build and the feature is still there as long as i map the Right-Click to Circle (since Cross is my default confirmation button) and i thank you for keeping the feature there, the only difference is that pressing Right-Click won't bring me to the menus anymore but that's ok, i can live with that.

But the way this feature is implanted now i don't think the users will ever know about this feature, they won't even know that it exist or they won't have any idea that mapping the Right-Click to their Cancel button will actually help them...

I finally have this feature and i'm grateful for that, but i also wanted the best interest for the users and wanted to make their life easier with it, but i just don't think they will have any idea that it exist or will ever know how useful this feature is unless they use it for a couple of minutes.

Please note, i'm just an user that also wanted to help the other's with an useful feature, i didn't want to come across as a pain in the a$$ guy demanding features or anything =p

08-22-2013, 08:15 PM
It's cool. I'd personally hard code in RMB(seems pretty neat) but it wasn't liked a whole lot over on Github, since it's not a standard or typical thing to do. *Shrug*

It is what it is, at any rate. At least you can go back, yeah? Smile

4GHz AMD 3900X, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 6GB Nvidia RTX 2060, Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (Wifi), Linux
How to ask useful questions: https://web.archive.org/web/20110214010944/http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
I'm not Dark_Alex, nor do I claim to be. Our nicknames are merely coincidence.
08-22-2013, 08:23 PM
(08-22-2013 08:15 PM)daxtsu Wrote:  It's cool. I'd personally hard code in RMB(seems pretty neat) but it wasn't liked a whole lot over on Github, since it's not a standard or typical thing to do. *Shrug*

It is what it is, at any rate. At least you can go back, yeah? Smile

Yeah dude, i finally have the feature and i'm happy about it.

08-23-2013, 08:53 PM
Hello dear developers of my favorite emulator right now. You don't know how strong can be temptation to use this save states, sometimes in srpg games you really want to cheat by them, saving right before attack to score miss shot or grind critical attack on your opponent. Or in some simulation games to make right decision. Please, make save state option in emulator to turn them off completely, so poor people like me can play games for fun, but not always to win. It just need some turn OFF/ON switch in menus for save states.
08-23-2013, 08:59 PM
(08-23-2013 08:53 PM)Gvertin Wrote:  Please, make save state option in emulator to turn them off completely, so poor people like me can play games for fun, but not always to win. It just need some turn OFF/ON switch in menus for save states.

Even with that option in there you could still be tempted to use savestates so i don't know if that option will really fix your problem =p

08-23-2013, 09:09 PM
(08-23-2013 08:53 PM)Gvertin Wrote:  Please, make save state option in emulator to turn them off completely, so poor people like me can play games for fun, but not always to win. It just need some turn OFF/ON switch in menus for save states.

Use AutoHotkey to block the keys for the shortcuts or set a permission to the save states folder(blocking read\write)

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Using PPSSPP on Windows 7 x64 SP1
i7 4771 3.5Ghz,GTX750TI,16GB RAM

Batch iso <=> cso converter
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5384
Save Game\States Manager
http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=5516
08-23-2013, 10:55 PM
vsub_ - very good idea, blocking read\write on folder worked well. Thank you.